The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

On 06/09/2021 at 23:09, Daweii said:

You can sign up to AEW+ on Fite.tv for like $5 a month which airs Dynamite and Rampage live as they happen in the US. The service has replays of the shows after they air so you can always catch up the following day.

The current AEW content schedule is as follows;

• Monday: AEW Dark: Elevation* (AEW's YouTube Channel - 12am UK)
  • Tuesday: AEW Dark* (AEW's YouTube Channel - 12am UK)
  • Wednesday: AEW Dynamite (AEW+ on Fite.tv - 1am UK)
  • Friday: AEW Rampage (AEW+ on Fite.tv - 3am UK) 

*Both Dark: Elevation and Dark are supplemental viewing. Almost no storylines progress, or start on either show although some matches for Dynamite do get made on Dark: Elevation. It's mostly for talent to get more matches under their belt, while giving local indie talent a chance to appear on a larger stage.

You can of course watch Dynamite on Friday nights in the UK on ITV4 if you don't mind risking the show getting spoiled, but a lot of people in the UK at least based on Reddit subscribe to AEW+ on Fite.tv so they can watch it live, or in the morning the following day. 

cheers for this Daweii! 

What’s the difference between Dynamite and Rampage? Assuming Rampage isn’t available in UK yet without the subscription? 

• Like 1

The culling of Kaze Ni Nare was almost unforgiveable on Dynamite this week, but I think I could allow it if it leads to more Suzuki-gun members appearing, although at the moment I'm pretty sure they're all in Japan except the above. Despi, Nobu and Douki won't be on the G1 tour, so there's a possibility...?

Unrelated, but GCW are putting on a match featuring actor Ron Funches and Tony Deppen. Ron was on the Late Late Show doing some promo, which is kind of a big deal for GCW. Anyway, if Deppen's stock continues to rise, AEW would be crazy not to get him in, even if only for a short programme with someone. He's absolutely fantastic. 

GCW are alao running a show soon featuring Suzuki v Gresham, and Deppen v Ishimori, as well as the upcoming Moxley v Gage match of course. 

What a time to be a wrestling fan. I only hope both companies can come over here in the not too distant future. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tayls said:

cheers for this Daweii! 

What’s the difference between Dynamite and Rampage? Assuming Rampage isn’t available in UK yet without the subscription? 

Dynamite is the main show that runs for two hours, while Rampage only runs for an hour and is considered to be Dynamites third hour just on a different night. Content wise they are largely the same featuring a mixture of matches and storyline segments. 

Your assumption was correct. Rampage is currently only available in the UK via an AEW+ subscription on Fite.tv.

4 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I'm a fairweather WWE fan but I was really getting into The Fiend storyline. Why was Bray Wyatt released?! Crazy decision when there is such little else to be excited about in the WWE environment at the moment!

Bray Wyatt was released due to "budget cuts" which is the standard reason they give these days. WWE have released 119 wrestlers since 2020 with 54 of them happening this year.

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

No but I know the story. Anyone sticking up for Flair or Dreamer is an idiot.

HBK is next apparently, despite how awful the things Flair, Rhodes and Hall did on that plane , the story’s about HBK and Jannetty are even worse  

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

HBK is next apparently, despite how awful the things Flair, Rhodes and Hall did on that plane , the story’s about HBK and Jannetty are even worse  

On Dark Side of the Ring? It's Chris Kanyon on the next episode, which should, by all accounts, severely tarnish the reputation of Taker.

Unless you mean stuff just coming out in general from other sources? 

Two of the other upcoming episodes are Onita & FMW, and Rob Black & XPW - 'funny' then, that FMW recently relaunched, and XPW is due to as well. 

Chris Kanyon’s story is one of the ones that truly gets me upset. I saw the video of the chair shot Taker gave him. The whole thing felt like a punishment for being gay. It’s disgusting to watch and has made me lose a lot of respect for Taker if I’m honest. 

2 hours ago, hogso said:

On Dark Side of the Ring? It's Chris Kanyon on the next episode, which should, by all accounts, severely tarnish the reputation of Taker.

Unless you mean stuff just coming out in general from other sources? 

Two of the other upcoming episodes are Onita & FMW, and Rob Black & XPW - 'funny' then, that FMW recently relaunched, and XPW is due to as well. 

No just other things in general, yes I heard something was about to come out on Taker , is it something along the lines of being homophobic?

Had no idea who Dan Lambert is/was but man  he is brilliant on AEW. You can tell he is having loads of fun and is just running with it. His promo against Jericho was great. As was Jericho. Great stuff. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Anyone watch Bryan Danielson v Omega yet?

Reveal hidden contents

As soon as they mentioned the time limit I knew where it was going.

Stayed up to watch (thank you working from home!) and it did not disappoint!!! Crowd was on fire.

*No spoilers in the clip, just the build to the bell.

• Like 1

Â