The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Yeah, the Juvi match was a bit wobbly. Both dudes getting on who can't quite do what they did 20 years ago, and the match looked the sum of it's parts. 

When Jericho is in the ring with a top, younger, worker though, his matches can still be great. His brief run in NJPW recently was indicative of this, his matches against Naito in particular were fantastic. 

Haven't watched Wrestling in years but I know of AEW setting up and some of the names moving. Twitter told me that Triple H was trending and I feared the worst - was just something about Vince sacking off a load of NXT guys behind his back or something. Apparently AEW might be taking a few on.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Ingram85 said:

Got goosebumps as soon as Cult of Personality hit. Wow what a return. Reminded me exactly why I loved wrestling.

Just watched his introduction. 

Now THAT was a pop!

36 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Got goosebumps as soon as Cult of Personality hit. Wow what a return. Reminded me exactly why I loved wrestling.

I actually met CM Punk at an autograph session him and some others did at Comic-Con several years ago. Was a super nice guy.

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

AEW is awesome at the moment. 

With the fans singing Jerichos entrance and the return of CM punk last night, it feels like the good old days. 

It really is/does. WWE has been going downhill for awhile now and I was hoping AEW would be a big competitor to it and it has not disappointed. I could see it in a few years time totally taking over as the top promotion.

• 2 weeks later...

Daffney has passed away. Been struggling with mental health issues for a very long time. A really good wrestler and one of the stand out female competitors long before Vince ‘created’ female wrestling a few years ago. She was bloody fantastic in TNA. Very sad. RIP. 

• Sad 1

Really good show, my favourite moment was probably 

Spoiler

Murder Grandpa and the rousing rendition of Kaze ni Nare

but it was one of a number which would otherwise be major talking points, here though there were 4 or 5. It wasn't perfect, the MJF / Jericho match wasn't great, and the battle royale was pretty bad, but otherwise, great stuff.

• Like 1

Just finished it after managing to avoid spoilers all day.

Marked out for the Lucha Bros winning. Marked the absolute **** out for Adam Cole, then to get Danielson as well... what a show. Think the only thing I didn't particularly care for was the QT/Paul Wight match.

Absolute the most I've ever enjoyed any wrestling show/PPV in decades.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heard lots of good things about AEW now so want to give it a watch. When is it on in the UK and is it just ITV that shows it? Is the weekly Raw/Smackdown equivalent called Dynamite, or is that something different? 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

Heard lots of good things about AEW now so want to give it a watch. When is it on in the UK and is it just ITV that shows it? Is the weekly Raw/Smackdown equivalent called Dynamite, is that something different? 

Yeah Dynamite is the main weekly show which goes out on a Wednesday in the States and shown Friday night on itv.  They also have a secondary show called Rampage which is Friday over there but I don’t think itv have picked it up yet.  

• Like 1

Â