The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

Advice please. Thinking of putting wrestling on for my grandson. Is it suitable for a four and a half year old?  Would you allow a child of that age to watch the perceived violence? I think it will be fine but my wife thinks not. 

Edited by Seat68

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Advice please. Thinking of putting wrestling on for my grandson. Is it suitable for a four and a half year old?  Would you allow a child of that age to watch the perceived violence? I think it will be fine but my wife thinks not. 

If you wish to subject your grandson to watching oiled up men in pants rolling on the floor together, so be it 😂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I've not seen it for a while but it's not that violent any more really.  They don't whack each other in the head with chairs these days and aim for a PG audience.  I probably started when I was that sort of age when Hulk Hogan was around.  It's probably a better example of good vs evil than having to read bible stories at school if they still do that these days.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

AEW game being developed by Yukes was officially announced yesterday with some very brief footage.  If they can walk back the mistakes of the WWE2K franchise all the way to something like the more arcade-focused of the SvR entries , it could be great.

12 hours ago, GarethRDR said:

AEW game being developed by Yukes was officially announced yesterday with some very brief footage.  If they can walk back the mistakes of the WWE2K franchise all the way to something like the more arcade-focused of the SvR entries , it could be great.

I bought an N64 recently for the nostalgia and I could remember the controls to No Mercy like I'd never stopped playing it.  Such a great game.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 22:52, sharkyvilla said:

I bought an N64 recently for the nostalgia and I could remember the controls to No Mercy like I'd never stopped playing it.  Such a great game.

Best wrestling game ever

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, maxjackle said:

So sad to hear. Listened to a podcast with him on the other day and he sounded so happy. He is the same age as me with similar kids ages too. Really shaken by this.

Yeah this one is hard to take as 41 family man and you can see by all the tributes how much he was loved.

Its really really sad

AEW have signed his son Brodie Jr. to a contract. Now because he's 8 years old he can't work for the company yet in any real capacity, but once he's 18 he'll have a job waiting for him.

The whole outpouring of love for Jon Huber/Brodie Lee has been heart-warming, but even more so is just how much AEW are helping out. AEW have committed to financially supporting his family. It's incredible what is happening right now. 

The tribute show AEW put on last night was so sad but it was beautifully done. Wrestling often struggles with this sort of stuff because of all the weird rules and constraints it puts on itself. Thankfully AEW threw all that out of the window (hopefully for good) and produced a genuine and touching tribute to the guy.

3 hours ago, flamingsombrero said:

Thankfully AEW threw all that out of the window (hopefully for good)

You mean kayfabe? Pro Wrestling wouldn't be pro wrestling without it. Unless you mean exclusively in these tribute shows, then yes there's no need for it then. 

Its extremely sad, I dont follow wrestling like I did but I know his face from clips and stuff. The tributes seem so heartfelt as well and trying hold back tears at time, good on AEW for supporting the family (on a side note, Its a good business move for them as well because wrestlers will happier to sign if thats how they look after talent because Vince gives nothing)

7 hours ago, hogso said:

You mean kayfabe? Pro Wrestling wouldn't be pro wrestling without it. Unless you mean exclusively in these tribute shows, then yes there's no need for it then. 

I meant specifically the tribute shows. You look at how they did it and it just made a lot the weird shit you'd just accept previously (not acknowledging the existence of other companies etc) stand out. Even the fact they dedicated the whole show to him and just pushed everything back a week. It was the decent thing to do and unfortunately that's a pretty rare thing in wrestling.

Edited by flamingsombrero

• 5 weeks later...
Â