The Wrestling Topic

Vandrell

You can sign up to AEW+ on Fite.tv for like $5 a month which airs Dynamite and Rampage live as they happen in the US. The service has replays of the shows after they air so you can always catch up the following day.

The current AEW content schedule is as follows;

• Monday: AEW Dark: Elevation* (AEW's YouTube Channel - 12am UK)
  • Tuesday: AEW Dark* (AEW's YouTube Channel - 12am UK)
  • Wednesday: AEW Dynamite (AEW+ on Fite.tv - 1am UK)
  • Friday: AEW Rampage (AEW+ on Fite.tv - 3am UK) 

*Both Dark: Elevation and Dark are supplemental viewing. Almost no storylines progress, or start on either show although some matches for Dynamite do get made on Dark: Elevation. It's mostly for talent to get more matches under their belt, while giving local indie talent a chance to appear on a larger stage.

You can of course watch Dynamite on Friday nights in the UK on ITV4 if you don't mind risking the show getting spoiled, but a lot of people in the UK at least based on Reddit subscribe to AEW+ on Fite.tv so they can watch it live, or in the morning the following day. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That tag match was absolutely insane!  Everything the Bucks touch is complete gold.  Haven't avoided spoiler but watched up to the MJF/Jericho match so far.

JR is really struggling shaking wrestlers old names.  Called Ruby Soho, Ruby Riott and twice referred to Paul Wight as the Big Show on last week's Dynamite.

Is this the line in the sand for the new era of wrestling? Feels like a massive event like Nash/Hall/Hogan and Stone Cold 3:16 to me. 

Bray Wyatt to debut next? I look at the WWE roster and it looks very poor considering they had the most stacked roster for a long time only a couple of years ago. Now all the big stars are on Smackdown and Raw is Lashley, RK Bro and New Day. AEW looks completely re-vamped. Cody and Hangman still missing as well. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Is this the line in the sand for the new era of wrestling? Feels like a massive event like Nash/Hall/Hogan and Stone Cold 3:16 to me. 

I think this has been coming for a while from AEW - steadily building the company brand, the characters and the storylines and seemingly learning from the plethora (thanks) of mistakes that McMahon has been making for over a decade now.

But yeah, that PVP definitely felt like something special was happening.

Edited by Designer1

It's been interesting listening to Jericho's podcast recently when he's been talking to the stars that have gone to AEW from WWE (Christian, Paul Wight and Mox etc) - it seems the difference between the behind the scenes vibe, how they approach the storylines and utilise talent seems to be a million miles away from Vince and Co.

What's even crazier at the moment is that AEW have a unique opportunity to exploit the large number of NJPW stars who aren't going to be in Japan for the G1 this year, and are instead involved with NJPW Strong (their North American brand). Guys like Jay White, Juice Robinson, and Will Ospreay - plus, although they wouldn't be involved with the G1 (but probably would have made up the numbers on the tour in general, rather than the tournament itself), Juniors like ELP and Ishimori. 

Not only that, but Super Dragon returned (again again) in the last PWG show, and for anyone unfamiliar with that promotion, it's where The Elite were born, basically. Super Dragon is one of the few people I'd like to see arrive in AEW at this point, but, I don't know if it'd ever happen, as he makes so few appearances anywhere now. I'm not sure how much of a 'pop' it'd be for him to turn up, but his history with the Bucks and Excalibur goes back a long way.

There's almost an embarrassment of riches available to them at the moment. They probably need a Trios title, and maybe even another second tier title?

Exciting times to be viewing, whatever it is they decide to do.

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

What happened to that Jeff Cobb fella? He looked like he was going to come into AEW and be a star or was it only a one time deal?

The pandemic largely got in the way. AEW set up their base of operations in Jacksonville, Florida over the course of the pandemic, but Jeff Cobb wasn't a fan of how Covid infested Florida was (and still is) so didn't want to return while they were set up in Florida. AEW have since returned to touring so he's more likely than ever to return, but it's likely down to finding a schedule that works for him given he's still doing things with NJPW. 

• Thanks 1

Is there a small concern that AEW have or will bring in too many WWE stars that make things go back to how the WWE is at the minute? AEW is obviously quite cool and fresh. Could it lose that with its recruitment? 

5 hours ago, omariqy said:

What happened to that Jeff Cobb fella? He looked like he was going to come into AEW and be a star or was it only a one time deal?

He's been getting a decent push in NJPW, has had singles matches against Ibushi and Okada this calendar year which shows how hot they are on him, and he went over the latter recently. He's part of Ospreay's new faction, but without Ospreay the faction itself isn't really going places. Cobb is though, and unlike the guys I mentioned above, he is in the G1, so won't be appearing in AEW any time soon. 

For what it's worth, seeing as he and Okada are 1-1 now, I can see the rubber match being the block B decider, and don't count Cobb out of winning the block, and who knows, maybe the whole thing... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tayls said:

Is there a small concern that AEW have or will bring in too many WWE stars that make things go back to how the WWE is at the minute? AEW is obviously quite cool and fresh. Could it lose that with its recruitment? 

The problem with WWE isn't the talent the problem is VKM.

22 hours ago, Designer1 said:

It's been interesting listening to Jericho's podcast recently when he's been talking to the stars that have gone to AEW from WWE (Christian, Paul Wight and Mox etc) - it seems the difference between the behind the scenes vibe, how they approach the storylines and utilise talent seems to be a million miles away from Vince and Co.

Kinda sounds like WWE have gone full circle and find themselves where WCW were in the 90's.

Obviously WWE are far far bigger than that so I'm not suggesting they're going to go out of business or anything. But in terms of the behind the scenes stuff and general happiness, freedom to be creative etc. Sounds Like WWE have gone backwards in that regard and AEW are offering what WWF offered to WCW guys back in the day

• Like 1

22 hours ago, hogso said:

What's even crazier at the moment is that AEW have a unique opportunity to exploit the large number of NJPW stars who aren't going to be in Japan for the G1 this year, and are instead involved with NJPW Strong (their North American brand). Guys like Jay White, Juice Robinson, and Will Ospreay - plus, although they wouldn't be involved with the G1 (but probably would have made up the numbers on the tour in general, rather than the tournament itself), Juniors like ELP and Ishimori. 

Not only that, but Super Dragon returned (again again) in the last PWG show, and for anyone unfamiliar with that promotion, it's where The Elite were born, basically. Super Dragon is one of the few people I'd like to see arrive in AEW at this point, but, I don't know if it'd ever happen, as he makes so few appearances anywhere now. I'm not sure how much of a 'pop' it'd be for him to turn up, but his history with the Bucks and Excalibur goes back a long way.

There's almost an embarrassment of riches available to them at the moment. They probably need a Trios title, and maybe even another second tier title?

Exciting times to be viewing, whatever it is they decide to do.

SUPER DRAGON

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Kinda sounds like WWE have gone full circle and find themselves where WCW were in the 90's.

Obviously WWE are far far bigger than that so I'm not suggesting they're going to go out of business or anything. But in terms of the behind the scenes stuff and general happiness, freedom to be creative etc. Sounds Like WWE have gone backwards in that regard and AEW are offering what WWF offered to WCW guys back in the day

I think the current situation is more comparable with how WWF was circa 1996 when WCW was loading up on their talent and putting out a superior product.  It had a pretty shaky couple of years and WCW nearly put them away for good until Stone Cold Steve Austin saved the day.

Maybe Cena should show up in AEW and finally turn heel ala Hollywood Hogan.  Extremely unlikely as he's a proper company guy but would be huge.

Edited by Wainy316

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah, similar circumstances but the main difference is that it was bad financial management and the established stars (**cough** Hogan **cough**) burying the talent via storylines that lead to WCW's demise, whereas it seems like the lack of creativity, PG outlook and the stranglehold that VKM has over the writing that seems to damage WWE the most.

On a side note, I can't believe all the WWE promos are fully scripted these days - that can't be healthy can it? 

57 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Yeah, similar circumstances but the main difference is that it was bad financial management and the established stars (**cough** Hogan **cough**) burying the talent via storylines that lead to WCW's demise, whereas it seems like the lack of creativity, PG outlook and the stranglehold that VKM has over the writing that seems to damage WWE the most.

On a side note, I can't believe all the WWE promos are fully scripted these days - that can't be healthy can it? 

Yeah the scripted promos was what i was hinting at with the lack of creativity point.

It's madness. i can understand scripting some of them, if you have new guys or guys that don't do that well with promos. But to keep everyone on that kind of leash is nonsense

• Like 1

Â