• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 77)

gabby shit? your having a laugh mate. you obviously didnt see the workrate he put in tonight.

Milner MOTM for me, he just dont stop running.

Why ashley young was marking cahill for there 2nd goal i just dont know.

Overall though a draws a fair result i think, we played some good stuff at times.

Does anyone think that were a bit too open in midfield playing to out and out wingers in a 4-4-2-? think we need to try something different formation wise like the diamond formation we had at the end of the season a couple of seasons ago.

another thing thought the fans were good tonight but we always seem to have a scapegoat and downing seems to be the current one.

Downing crosses a ball in and it goes out all the fans start getting on his back, delfouneso does the same thing and hits a cross into the side netting and no one says a thing or gets on his back.

Gabby is so shit, ok he scored a header anyone could of scored but his movement is so shocking as he follows the defenders rather than the defenders going after him.

Really?

Yes.

And Gabby is "shit" (maybe too strong word there) in many ways. OK he is fast running a straight line without the ball, he is strong against smaller players and sometimes he works hard. But two years ago he was a real goal scoring talent, or it looked that way. Now he is as predictable as our style of play. Quality strikers aren't supposed to be like that.

Gabby is so shit, ok he scored a header anyone could of scored but his movement is so shocking as he follows the defenders rather than the defenders going after him.

Really?

Yes.

And Gabby is "shit" (maybe too strong word there) in many ways. OK he is fast running a straight line without the ball, he is strong against smaller players and sometimes he works hard. But two years ago he was a real goal scoring talent, or it looked that way. Now he is as predictable as our style of play. Quality strikers aren't supposed to be like that.

but hes still improved on last seasons tally yet again so he has improved again and his all round game has improved. People can complain about the strikers all the want but if the service isnt there than what can they do? most of our service to our strikers is crossing into the box, this is good for carew but not for gabby. How many times did we put gabby through on goal last night with a killer pass through the middle? it just didnt happen and were still lacking that top class creative midfielder who can do this.

Really?

Yes.

but hes still improved on last seasons tally yet again so he has improved again and his all round game has improved. People can complain about the strikers all the want but if the service isnt there than what can they do? most of our service to our strikers is crossing into the box, this is good for carew but not for gabby. How many times did we put gabby through on goal last night with a killer pass through the middle? it just didnt happen and were still lacking that top class creative midfielder who can do this.

I don't think his all round game has improved at all. He may have improved in some areas but he has "lost his touch" in others.

And maybe the reason for the lack of service is that

... his movement is so shocking as he follows the defenders rather than the defenders going after him.
There is no link between Gabby and our CM, no connection.

You are right about these killer passes through the middle. Barry is gone and he took those killer passes with him, even if he wasn't the only one to do it. I miss Barry (I hate to admit) but I certainly miss those passes, too.

why have you quoted me saying his movement is shit which i dont agree with.

and to be fair as much as we miss barry i dont think he really did play these killer through balls. Barry was good at starting off attacks by playing good early balls out wide to ashley.

nice shove by cahill on dunne as the ball came in for the 1st goal. vintage cahill; no wonder he scores so many headers cheating prick

This This This This This This - and when pundits notice, theuy congratulate him. Tosser

nice shove by cahill on dunne as the ball came in for the 1st goal. vintage cahill; no wonder he scores so many headers cheating prick

He was pushing Dunne and holding him on one of our corners, the one where Dunne gave him a shove back and got a free kick against us.

What a horrible team Everton are, time wasting, moaning, cheating rocket polishers. The one where Cahill got booked, he went down injured then realised he was still going to get booked so got up and ran off. 5 mins added on was being generous to Everton, should have been double that.

From our point of view, this game summed our season up, terrible decision by the linesman to give them a freekick for thier first goal, wasted chances to get back into it, when we do, we then gift them another goal. Everton could well of won it at the end, a draw was fair but we were awful in the final third.

Special mention for Milner, if some of the others players had half his enthusiasm and energy then we'd be much better off.

i've only seen the highlights but it looked as though we played some nice stuff especially in the first half - downing actually taking on his man! martin has to get him to do more of this next season instead of playing like someone's grandma.

villa / everton at our place is always a bit of a mad one - let them have a goal lead twice last year and still managed the draw. agree on how horrible they are tho 100%

Anybody else think we played it a bit differently in front of goal tonight? I know we still went wide an awful lot whenever we could, but I thought there was some really good stuff outside the box, particularly from Stan/Downing/Milner which created a few chances. It also dragged all the Everton players inside which allowed for us to have more space when we eventually did put the ball out wide. We didn't do it enough though, we still seem to go wide too much.

Yeah, this was good to see. It reminded me of the interchanging diamond formation we employed briefly at the end of 2007/08, keeping the ball when there is nothing on, rather than attempting another cross into the box. The trouble is, when we did reach the edge of their box, the midfielders needed some more movement from the strikers and they remainded pretty static (and central - probably awaiting the inevitable cross to come in).

I thought they breezed through our midfield far too easily again though - we always seem to be caught out the 'wrong' side and having to chase back, rather than being in position ready to defend.

i've only seen the highlights but it looked as though we played some nice stuff especially in the first half - downing actually taking on his man! martin has to get him to do more of this next season instead of playing like someone's grandma.

villa / everton at our place is always a bit of a mad one - let them have a goal lead twice last year and still managed the draw. agree on how horrible they are tho 100%

Downing also needs to start going ino for tackles and not bottling it.

Milner was absolutely fabulous last night. Just off the top of my head, the way he battled for the ball to set Cuellar up on a plate, the way in the second half he chased the ball, did very well to keep it in and still got a cross away, and of course his cross for Gabby's goal. He was absolutely everywhere, from picking up the ball from deep in our own half, to constantly MAKING SOMETHING HAPPEN in the final third. His PFA Young Player nomination has been thoroughly deserved this year as has his place in England's squad, I bloody love the guy. What a pro.

Milner was absolutely fabulous last night. Just off the top of my head, the way he battled for the ball to set Cuellar up on a plate, the way in the second half he chased the ball, did very well to keep it in and still got a cross away, and of course his cross for Gabby's goal. He was absolutely everywhere, from picking up the ball from deep in our own half, to constantly MAKING SOMETHING HAPPEN in the final third. His PFA Young Player nomination has been thoroughly deserved this year as has his place in England's squad, I bloody love the guy. What a pro.

Same. Fantastic player for us.

I think we need to add a "Non of them they were all shite" option to the poll, it would get my vote.

I don't agree. I didn't think anyone had a bad game and we made Howard save three or four in the first half (two that were top saves) nand Carew should have scored with one.