• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Delfouneso (for Warnock 77)

Your thoughts for posterity.

Please also vote for your man of the match. Remember if you are voting immediately after the game that you cannot change your vote, so you may want to take some time to consider your choice.

Has to be Milner really but Collins had a really good game.

My reaction is that it was a fair result. Everton didn't really create a good deal and with the way we played in some parts of that game and a bit more luck we could have won that quite comfortably. Everton never really deserved to win it and at the end of the day, due to our error and Cahill's natural positioning and heading ability, a draw was a fair result.

Never, ever a dull one against Everton and I have a lot of respect for them.

We needed a win to still be in the 4th place race , I thought it would be a draw , weird that even when we scored the 2nd i did not really shout as i normally do when villa score , i guess i just know that we wont get 4th for sure now , Opening 20 mins we were on fire just a shame its the same old villa "neat play =no goal "

Overall I thought we were poor ...... again !!!

oh and asrenal just scored 2-1 come on le wenger !!!!

Excellent first half display, yet a poor second half display. The draw was probably a fair result, considering we each dominated a half.

Our defence is continuing to look awful at time. Two very sloppy goals conceded and there was no excuse for not marking Cahill. Everyone knows that he is always a threat in the air.

We are lacking any ideas aswell and still struggle to break teams down. Plus we can't seem to finish off chances. These are all starting to cost us more and more.

It was an alright result in the end, however our overall performance simply wasn't good enough. We can't just be turning up for one half and then disappearing for the rest....

In before the overreactions. A draw was a fair result in the end as we had enough chances to score in the first half, lets not forgot Everton were the form side coming into the game and we had to get over the FA Cup. Really pulsating first half Everton were very fortunate to be leading 1- after a dubious free kick and Cahill's foul on Dunne went unchallenged.

But for some reason players like Downing were pretty average second half, credit to MON for bring the Fonz on as a positive change as we really had to go for it in the end. This isn't the end of our season by any means, probably forth place but we can still consolidate fifth or sixth as we both Liverpool and Everton have played more games than us. Lovely ball in by Ash for the equaliser and by Milner for Gabby's goal - shame most of our crossing was pretty average.

Has to be Milner really but Collins had a really good game.

My reaction is that it was a fair result. Everton didn't really create a good deal and with the way we played in some parts of that game and a bit more luck we could have won that quite comfortably. Everton never really deserved to win it and at the end of the day, due to our error and Cahill's natural positioning and heading ability, a draw was a fair result.

Never, ever a dull one against Everton and I have a lot of respect for them.

Speech writer for young Martin.

pat murphy said it was a great game on 5live and that VP was rockin'.... i havn't seen the game but the doom and gloom brigade have been out in force during the match thread by the looks. not a bad result, but realistically had to be 3 points if we are to maintain a challenge for 4th.

I don't think we've played badly to be honest really.... but i feel we've been grossly disadvantaged by the manager again....obviously never any gurantee to win...However....sorry to say... I like the man....but....**** MON OUT!!!!!! Not because i'm fickle....just because he has TAKEN US AS FAR AS HE CAN!!!!!!!! The same predictable shit every single time!!!!!!! I repeat... I really do like the man..... I just don't really see the room for growth beyond this. .SHIT...GOAAAAAAAALLLL!!!!!!. Still feel the same though

Oh, come on! This is just a waste of time. Why play games anymore? The whole season has been a pad patch. When did we have a good run of games? Or really bad run of games? 90% of the games a draw!!! What's up with that? Stupid shit!!

I thought the first half was a good entertianing open game with both side going for it, ansd we played well.

Second half we huffed and puffed, but a draw was about the right result.

Our crossing was awful. First decent cross from Young ended up in a goal. Downing needs to work on his game in the close season, he's not been good enough.

4th now all but gone, but it's been a decent season. What more could we realistically have expected.