PL: Portsmouth a Match Thread 2010/04/18 16:00

limpid

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you can't change the team against a team like Portsmouth you never can.

To be fair, he probably thinks taking Delph and Young of the bench and bringing Clark and Reo-Coker in is rotation in itself. There behinds will be alot fresher than the other two because not much bench sitting. Tactical.

PORTSMOUTH: James, Van den Borre, Wilson, Yebada, McKenna, Sowa, Diop, Brown, Utaka, Boateng, Kanu.

Who the hell are Wilson, McKenna and Sowa???

Marc Wilson. Has been playing for them most of the season. I don't know about the other 2.

PORTSMOUTH: James, Van den Borre, Wilson, Yebada, McKenna, Sowa, Diop, Brown, Utaka, Boateng, Kanu.

Who the hell are Wilson, McKenna and Sowa???

Wilson's decent!!

Sowa and McKenna, no clue whatsoever. Probably youth.

There team is acording to the Pompey site:

--------------James------------------

Borre-----Wilson---Mokoena--Sowa

-------------Yebda--------------------

------Diop---------Brown------------

--------------Boateng----------------

---------Utaka------Kanu-----------------

Woo! Reo on the bench!

I'm starting to think that Luke Young must be having some off the pitch problems, perhaps still having issues dealing with the death of his brother.

Without being harsh, I really doubt it. I mean, it was a half brother and even if they were close.....

Jack Collison played 3 days later after his Dad died while Lampard played a week after his mother died. Heck Adebayor come back from Togo, about 3 weeks later. Can understand couple weeks to a month but not a whole season!

Woo! Reo on the bench!

I'm starting to think that Luke Young must be having some off the pitch problems, perhaps still having issues dealing with the death of his brother.

Without being harsh, I really doubt it. I mean, it was a half brother and even if they were close.....

Jack Collison played 3 days later after his Dad died while Lampard played a week after his mother died. Heck Adebayor come back from Togo, about 3 weeks later. Can understand couple weeks to a month but not a whole season!

In issues like this you can't look at it so bluntly and you can't compare it to other players. In saying that maybe playing him would help him through it.

Must go for this, hit them early and put them on the back foot.

For this game i really hope Gabby frees himself up, runs at defenders instead of this constant backing in and bringing players in around him that he seems to have adopted this season, wrong player for that IMO, needs a goal spree.

Hope Ash plays more of the simple ball and early into Gabby, instead of this long ball play, hope also we see him have a good punt at goal from 20-25yds out we need more of that.

Milner to press the centre of the back 4 and Petrov moving it about...and hope the back 4 a at least solid.

3-0 Villa if we get the opener early

So Martin and the majority of our fans complain that we don't have a big enough squad, yet there's no place even on the bench for Young £5.5m, Davies £10m and Delph £8M

His small squad excuses are boring and incorrect. MON has bought all of these players yet doesn't trust them.