PL: Portsmouth a Match Thread 2010/04/18 16:00

limpid

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunne is overdue a rest especially with the niggle hes had. Carew has gone back to useless since he reinjured himself dont want him starting. Think this is a good opportunity to give Delfounso and/or Albrington a start. I'd go

Friedel

LYoung - Collins - Cuellar - Warnock

Albrington - Petrov - Milner - Downing

Gabby - Delfounso

With Young and Carew to come on if we are struggling to break them down.

Time to give some of our boys a rest, but the same side will play as against Everton. Would like to see

Guzan

Young Davies Collins Warnock

Albrighton Coker Delph Sidwell Young

Gabby

Should be enough to beat the Ports and give our first team a rest.

Come on, Portsmouth can't play anyone because of bonuses. where's the faith.

They named probably the weakest side in the history of the PL against Wigan and only 4 subs - somehow came away with a 0-0 draw against a poor Wigan side.

We can and will get a result here.

Friedel

L.Young-Cuellar-Dunne/Collins-Warnock

Milner-Delph-NRC-Petrov-A.Young

Agbonlahor

If NRC is fit enough and not too tired after the reserve game, this is what I'd play. Depending on Dunne's fitness I'd rest one of him or Collins.

This is going to be a difficult game, IMO we need to break them early just to remind them there season is over and there's little point in putting up any kind of opposition, the more the game goes on 0-0 the more Portsmouth will have a go, a kind of swan song and up yours Villa.

I'm going for a win, (vital for 6th) if we break them with an early goal i think 3-1, if we sit back and let them have to much possession its could be either way and to the wire 1-0 us or 2-1 them......don't fancy a draw on this, to many players on both sides that can make to many slip ups.

I'd go

Friedel

Young L. Cuellar. Dunne. Buma

Petrov. Delph

Ash. Milner. Downing

Gabby

Would like to see this. MON is determined to p*** away any chance of fourth spot though by sticking to his rigid 4-4-2 with the same team.

Looks good to me too but more than likely to be Young L in for Warnock assuming he's out and everyone else unchanged.