PL: Portsmouth a Match Thread 2010/04/18 16:00

limpid

I think the Fonz will get a start tomorrow, along with Delph and probably L Young. At least, it would be wise to rest a few players. I'm not normally complacent with ANY team but given their current situation I think we can afford to rest some of our big players.

**Pedant alert** The Fonz definately isn't going to start tomorrow - the games on Sunday :oops:

• Replies 823
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Fonz will get a start tomorrow, along with Delph and probably L Young. At least, it would be wise to rest a few players. I'm not normally complacent with ANY team but given their current situation I think we can afford to rest some of our big players.

**Pedant alert** The Fonz definately isn't going to start tomorrow - the games on Sunday :oops:

Just pretend I made that comment 4 hours later 8)

Whatever line up you want...we all know it will be the same...
People always go on about MON being predictable but I'm also finding these match threads rather predictable. Every week people saying the same thing "MON will pick the same team as always".

People always go on about MON being predictable but I'm also finding these match threads rather predictable. Every week people saying the same thing "MON will pick the same team as always".

Yes, because he does always pick the same team!

What's the point in speculating about L Young, Delph, Delfouneso etc. When we all know the team will be: Friedel, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Downing, Milner, Petrov, A Young, Gabby, Carew.

What's the point in speculating about L Young, Delph, Delfouneso etc. When we all know the team will be: Friedel, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Downing, Milner, Petrov, A Young, Gabby, Carew.

Not always. Often he does, but not all the time.

Just pretend I made that comment 4 hours later 8)

Good retort Mantis :winkold:

KP Boateng is in Germany, stuck because of the volcano ash.

He might not make it back.

Haven't footballers heard of cars/trains and a ferry??? Germany isn't that far!!! (Glad he's not going to make the match though, along with O'Hara who's been their best player this season).

I can see us playing our 'strongest' line up - meaning no changes!!! Hopefully NRC will be on the bench though and get a few minutes game time - ideally it would be great to have the game sown up by 60mins and replace Petrov to give him a rest!

Its interesting to see people suggesting possibly Delph, Fonz etc.

I really cannot see it, MON rarely ever rotates and its usually only down to injury.

Along with him wanting to win our remaining games (unlikely) he will play our strongest available side as always.

Totally agree Jez, I just don't know why people speculate over his team especially as you say in the circumstances.

If everyone is capable of playing and the choice of capable rather than fit is deliberate then I fully expect the same starting line up as against Everton.

Not always. Often he does, but not all the time.

The last time there was a shock to the starting line up was probably Stoke away with Gabby on the bench.

Probably the only time in a good 3/4 months too.

It's unbelievably predictable which is okay earlier on in the season if your in good form but when your not playing brilliantly and have tired players, a few changes can have positive effect.

Hopefully we will play a few randomers and rest key players such as one of Dunne/Collins, Milner/Petrov, Young/Downing.

Whoever we play we really should walk this.

Would also like to see if we go a couple of goals up get Gabby off to preserve fitness and give Fonz another chance to impress.