1. 1. How Will Mankind Meet It's End?

• Plague-like Disease
    • Nuclear Holocaust
    • Mass Famine
    • Environmental Catastrophe
    • Giant Asteroid Collision
    • Alien Invasion
    • Other

We'll either wipe ourselves out, or more likely another asteroid.

That fat bastard Jupiter will hit its mark one of these days.

Since Jupiter is made of gas it wouldn't so much hit us as engulf us.

;)

Personally I reckon we'll suffer some sort of environmental disaster.

I don't believe he's talking about jupiter itself hitting earth but an asteroid shot at the earth by jupiter.
  • Like 1

;)

I don't believe he's talking about jupiter itself hitting earth but an asteroid shot at the earth by jupiter.

Speaking of Jupiter, everyone should watch Wonders of the Solar System on the iPlayer if they missed it. Discover more interesting space facts about the fat bastard known as Jupiter! It can do so much more than throw rocks at us.

As for the thread question, it's a toss up between asteroid and environmental disaster for me. I'd even argue both of those being the same thing, reasoning that the former would lead to the latter.

Ah but the asteroid would be the cause the ensuing environmental disaster would simply be a consequence of the initial cause ;)

Every such environmental disaster that has caused mass extinction in the history of Earth was triggered by something preceding it, be it geological (flood basalt events) or extraterrestrial (asteroid impacts).

We could probably remove environmental disaster from the list with that in mind. Yes, I'm being extremely pedantic.

Ah but the asteroid would be the cause the ensuing environmental disaster would simply be a consequence of the initial cause ;)

Every such environmental disaster that has caused mass extinction in the history of Earth was triggered by something preceding it, be it geological (flood basalt events) or extraterrestrial (asteroid impacts).

We could probably remove environmental disaster from the list with that in mind. Yes, I'm being extremely pedantic.

Its not my list ;)

(yes I'm being pedantic as well :D )

;)

You are correct, sir.

Â