• Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

having seen terrys challenge in slo mo it should have been a straight red

deco was a very lucky little dirty shit to stay on

the ref not giving a penalty is making this sort of thing a joke

all or any of these things wouold obviously have altered the game

that said

ashley young was **** wank yet again in a big game, it really and i mean **** REALLY is NOT difficult to cross the **** ball into the box yet every important game, he goes hiding away pulling that **** annoying moaning face.

i could understand it if he were getting wrong decisions against him all the time but it is his ineptitued at crossing a **** ball which gets right on my tits.

always has to keep it too long by which time either the forward is off side, has finished his run, there are too many defenders back, a defender walks over to him and takes it off him and if nne of the above happen he just kicks it against their player and they get a throwin.

im **** annoyed at the moment.

friedel seems in slow motion for each of their goals

warnock played very well today

collins was ok

dunn was ok

cuellar was played at right back again, he played well but when young is not crossing the ball, you want the player behind to be able to hit it in, he cant.

downing i thought played better than his recent form, put some good balls in and tracked back well

petrov, was a big player until the 58th minute when ..... and this will shock you..... he started to run out of steam.

milner, was targetted by deco, mikelle and another i cant remember, each time he made a run or got the ball he was blocked, tripped, shirt pulled or something. he should have gone down far more like the dirty cheating deco does.

carew, thought he had a sitter but for the feintest of flicks from terry, was a handful but he got more and more isolate, he would win the flick but too much distance between him and gabby

gabby, did what he should do, turned his player leaving him through on goal only to have his legs taken illegally, but of course as it is a big game and there is a chance one of the top 3 wont get the trophy, the ref makes one of those decisions which leaves everyone thinking " another paid off ref?". he was burned out after 60 minutes, very rarely threatened after then.

so there we are, beaten yet again, another shit ref decision against us and for one of the top 3 when at 0-0 it would have had a big impact on the game but again, we will never know and it will all be forgotton and all that is remembered is aston villa 0 - chelsea 3

we will finished 7th or 8th this year, a choice of and either or

darren bent

terry henry

michael owen

may help us improve next season, and joe cole.

We played ok in the first half without creating too many chances. We had a poor deceision from the ref which didn`t help. In the second half we slowly decended in threat and fitness. Our passing got longer and longer to the front men which made it easy for Chelsea to get and keep possesion. We also didn`t look like scoring after they went ahead which is disappointing. We also didn`t get much help in the way of fresh legs which looked pretty obvious too me aswell. We had a mass of crosses which hardly ever got to our strikers, i think this may be more to do with the strikers than the crossers.

Hard game today - A Spirited performance in the first half! Unfortunatly Chelsea have one of the best footballing squads in the world and that is hard to compete with!

Thats football I guess! Lets hope we can put in a good performance against Everton.

Great support shown again by the fans,

Keep the faith!

MON = Clueless. WHY THE **** DON'T YOU EVER MAKE SUBS?! I've been supportive of MON lately but he's just pissing me off now. Why Don't You Ever Learn From Your Mistakes. WE ARE CHASING THE GAME AT 1-0 DOWN AND YOU BRING ON HESKEY. I'm sick of putting up with this shit... yeah, a semi-final and final is great and we're still in with a small chance of finishing 4th, but what's the point of putting ourselves in these great positions if we don't capitalize on all those great oppotunities. A great way of putting this wrong right is beating Everton lets hope we can do this and end the season on a high.

im sorry to break it to you, milner isnt world class, he is very good but not world class

Exactly, good player YES, hard worker YES. world class NO. A world Class player can lift the whole team when the chips are down. Think, Gerrard, Fabregas, Beckham, Messi.... and Lampard : -(

We're so close to being a top team. We just need someone to stick the ball in the net - but have we got £20m to get one?? Unlucky today, but we never really looked like scoring so can't really complain too much. Should have had a pen, but I'm sure Chelseas would have still won in the end. 2 matches at wembley now and we haven't scored in open play, theres our problem.

and about more 4 players, so we can allow for injuries and worthwhile substitutions.

we have been extremely lucky this year with injuries, and still are lacking in depth compared to teams above us

Man of the match. Howard Webb. Chelsea really couldn't have done it without him.

Of course they would, they still had shots on target, unlike us. They could bring decent subs on, we bought Heskey on. We got what we deserved again - nowt.

Very flippin angry with young Martin today. Please somebody tell him you are allowed 3 subs. Petrov and Milner were dog tired after 60 minutes and Gab was havin a poor poor game. what does young Martin do, why he throws on bloody Heskey, as bloody usual. Great tactical genius our manager is. what was wrong with bringin Delboy on for Petrov, Sidwell for young James and Delfozey for Gab. At least we'd be tryin to win the flippin game with fresh legs, instead of our midfielders treadin water. Our manager lost us the game, not cause we weren't given a penalty. won't be surprised at all if that irish idiot of a manager goes at the end of our season and the way im feelin now, good bloody riddance.

downing 4 - sorry, i think he is getting worse

young 6 - not his best game but he is always a threat even if his crossing is erratic

Got to disagree there, of the two wingers Downing was much better. Good workrate, did well tracking back and his deliveries today were begging for someone to get on the end. Young on the other hand had his Aaron Lennon crossing boots on today, he either couldn't beat the first man or lofted it into no-man's land.

Webb's a bottler. Penalty aside (and fair play to Ray Wilkins for telling it like it was, he could have just as easily pointed out that Agbonlahor had a fistful of shirt), that c**trag Terry could have broken Milner's leg. Jimmy must have legs of steel, 'cause it could have been a career-ender.

Aside from losing Malouda for the second goal (which is a pretty big "aside"), I thought Cuellar had a really solid game. It just seems to me that not only would we benefit in an attacking sense from playing a natural right back, but Cuellar is a considerably better defender than Collins. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the ginger-monolith, but on a couple of occasions he went to ground too soon and left us exposed.

Oh yeah, and we need either a striker or a plan B.

Man of the match. Howard Webb. Chelsea really couldn't have done it without him.

If he gave the pen and we scored it we'd be even less likely to score again. Chelsea would have broken us down

Knew we'd lose this one when Webb bottled the penalty decision.. Absolutely dreadful not to make that call & the tackle from Terry on Milner was appalling. Deco should have been off also.

We played well today...we just need a striker like Drogba.

Fans were brilliant...but glad I didn't go really I couldn't because of revising for big exam on April 20th....... what's the point in cup runs when we've got to Wembley twice and faced referrees who clearly favour the top teams we've faced?!!

Putting the other decisions aside.. Chelsea players clearly bought Carew & Gabby down after the goal and Webb just waved play on as if it was OK.

Gutted AGAIN!!

I hope Terry critiques our tactics and stamina again.

None of the media seem to have the balls to question our manager, but when a man with as limited an intellect as Terry knows your weaknesses, you have to wonder.

Whilst you can point to refereeing decisions, if you let Drogba and Malouda have shots at goal on the edge of the 6 yard box, you deserve to lose.

Knew we'd lose this one when Webb bottled the penalty decision.. Absolutely dreadful not to make that call & the tackle from Terry on Milner was appalling. Deco should have been off also.

We played well today...we just need a striker like Drogba.

Fans were brilliant...but glad I didn't go really I couldn't because of revising for big exam on April 20th....... what's the point in cup runs when we've got to Wembley twice and faced referrees who clearly favour the top teams we've faced?!!

Gutted AGAIN!!

I can't say that Drogba would have made a difference if he played for us - the service in from the forwards today was dismal, from Young especially. He almost certainly won't be going to the World Cup after a poor performance like that in front of Capello.

I'm not surprised we lost at all.

I'm happy that we played pretty damn well. But attacking wise we could have crossed all day and not scored, just wasn't going to happen. Which makes the good performances otherwise that much more annoying.

Young gets most of ire today. Why is his crossing these days so poor? It's incredibly frustrating to watch. Even if he puts in a good one it appears to be nowhere near anyone half the time.

Sigh.

It's just all a bit gutting really. We played much better than I'd expected but I knew regardless we'd struggle to score. I'm praying for that striker to come.

Webb did far more than just deny us the penalty. I'm certainly not going to suggest that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game because I can't prove that Howard Webb was sent onto the pitch with clear instructions to give Chelsea every chance to win the game. But we got **** all from him today and they got plenty, not only with the free kicks they should have got but also with the free kicks that we didn't get.

'Top ref' my arse.

He`d have to give me a very good reason for not making a sub when our midfiled was so obviously tired in the middle. Even if the players aren`t as good their extra energy may have made a difference.

ryanvilla_1994 wrote:

im sorry to break it to you, milner isnt world class, he is very good but not world class

Exactly, good player YES, hard worker YES. world class NO. A world Class player can lift the whole team when the chips are down. Think, Gerrard, Fabregas, Beckham, Messi.... and Lampard : -(

That and the players around them are a damn site better.