• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

Like Southgate said the first goal is crucial in games like this, it was pretty even till Drogba. Had the penalty been correctly given and we scored it would have been a different game I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Pretty even game IMO.

Again the penalty was a big point in the game as well as what should have been red for Terry and numerous yellows for Deco.

A little luck for their 1st goal after a poor header by Dunne.

More changes around the 70-75min mark 'could' have made a difference as Petrov was out on his feet as were a few others.

Cuellar had a great game and kept an in form Malouda very quiet.

Milner again showed his quality.

Young put some decent balls in, Downing still fails to impress.

I feel more p!ssed off with this game than the 7-1 as we were outplayed that day and deserved to lose, today it was more about poor refereeing and bad luck and that's what really sh!ts me!

I really hope Terry come out and says the same things again "Yes we rode our luck, but we knew if we could hang on we'd be able to beat the comfortably in the last 20 mins" because it'f bloody true!

Petrov bypassed like he wasn't there led to their break then the corner where Dunney ballsed up his clearance.

Milner knackered all game still played OK but couldn't run properly.

Cuellar poor at RB again, doesn't know where his man is, today appeared to be good because he made a few tackles for a change but still poor in possession and negative.

MON does not learn or change. Carew for **** Heskey, what a shock. I bet Chelsea were so relieved.

---

Saying all that, ref robbed us of a blatant pen and the first half was good, but the damage has been done to our players. They are tired because they have been run into the ground by a manager who refuses to pick a team bearing any relevance to form.

im sorry to break it to you, milner isnt world class, he is very good but not world class

Exactly, good player YES, hard worker YES. world class NO. A world Class player can lift the whole team when the chips are down. Think, Gerrard, Fabregas, Beckham, Messi.... and Lampard : -(

Friedel - 6 - Did what he had to do, but is looking his age in mobility.

Cueller - 5 - Offers nothing going forwards and lost Malouda for his goal.

Dunne - 5 - Strikers head down, Defenders up, key mistake led to there goal.

Collins - 5 - Looked a bit clumsy, not like the player we saw earlier in the season.

Warnock - 7 - Did a great job going forward and at the back

Young - 5 - Key components for a winger, beat your man and whip a decent ball in. Neither from Ash today

Petrov - 6 - Solid as ever but no creativity.

Milner - 7 - Great work rate but still no real creative force.

Downing - 5 - See Young.

Gabby - 6 - Average, but no real service

Carew - 6 - See Gabby

MON - Substitutions baffled me, why not bring on Delf and go 4-3-3 try and stretch them, and get some balls in behind there 2 attacking minded full backs, instead brining on one striker for another? I just didnt understand it.

Defo Peno, would it have changed the game, honestly, I dont think so, we just dont have enough quality in the final 3rd, Downing and Young are under performing, Milner and Petrov are solid but dont offer enough creativity and our forwards are nowhere near mobile enough, but are being forced to just challenge for poor services into the box.

If we dont spend money on some more creative players in the summer were going to just be as frustrated next year.

I am done with this season. :cry:

wait 6 more matches.

we're still firmly in the fight for 4th place.

i am glad some people have hope.........i lost all hope for 4th place after back to back home draws withsunderland & wolves, when 6 points was amust for 4th

There's a huge problem with us when we go behind.

Spot on. Except for when we beat Chelsea earlier in the season. Or two of the previous rounds of the FA cup.

2 poorly defended corners against Chelsea, one wrongly awarded corner against Palace, Carew's dominance over weak defenders - all these still does not show how we as a team in terms of general play try and equalize.

Look at all our equalizers this season, during the time when we were chasing the game, were we constantly testing the keeper, and forcing saves?

No, the way we pressure is by hitting hopeful crosses into a packed box of opposition defenders and play for a free-kick or corner.

We need to be able to break down teams who pack men into their box to deal with our crosses.

Are you serious? Most of 'em didn't show after half time. On 60 minutes the possession was 70-30 in Chelseas favour.

The BBC website is showing 52% villa possession for the whole game.

Tell ITV that. To be fair to them, the 70-30 was for the second half at that time.

first half was good, kept the ball better, made chelsea work and got into good positions. should have had a pen and carew probably should have scored. we played some nice stuff and mixed up the direct play with some nice passing

however yet again 2nd half we didnt turn up. just sat back and reverted to the old hoof it down the line, ash/downing lump in a ball to carew and gabby who are surrounded by 4 chelsea players. we didnt make cech work. standard of crossing second half was very poor which didnt help. we never looked like scoring and while chelsea didnt really create much either the threat was always there and all drogba needed was a sniff of a chance. yet again it went stale, we tired and yet no changes were made

3-0 flattered them totally, but they deserved to win overall.

as for postitives, thought stan was very good today, as was warnock. cuellar did very well at right back for the most part.

I am done with this season. :cry:

wait 6 more matches.

we're still firmly in the fight for 4th place.

i am glad some people have hope.........i lost all hope for 4th place after back to back home draws withsunderland & wolves, when 6 points was amust for 4th

We need Tottenham to beat Pompey tomorrow and for us to stay above Everton. Concentrate on that for now because there's no way we are good enough for fourth place.

We're so close to being a top team. We just need someone to stick the ball in the net - but have we got £20m to get one?? Unlucky today, but we never really looked like scoring so can't really complain too much. Should have had a pen, but I'm sure Chelseas would have still won in the end. 2 matches at wembley now and we haven't scored in open play, theres our problem.