• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey (for Carew 82)

sign of a great team - can break down defences and take their chances

sign of an average team - play the tough luck card, blame the ref etc....

Nonsense we were much on top in the first half.

and created what?

and what did chelsea create. yep, nothing.

3 goals

Are you serious? Most of 'em didn't show after half time. On 60 minutes the possession was 70-30 in Chelseas favour.

The BBC website is showing 52% villa possession for the whole game.

Did anyone really EXPECT a different outcome? Bringing Heskey on was just embarrassing. We need 3 things to happen.

1. Play a right back at right back

2. Learn to cross consistently

3. Buy a proper striker

Inspired substitutions by O'Neill. :shock:

Heskey for Carew on 80 minutes, and that was it.....

PATHETIC

No imagination or risk from the manager, just the same old, same old.

Who cares about a poor ref's decision, when you're your own worst enemy?

Terry was right, and it played out again today!

sign of a great team - can break down defences and take their chances

sign of an average team - play the tough luck card, blame the ref etc....

Nonsense we were much on top in the first half.

and created what?

and what did chelsea create. yep, nothing.

That's a bit of a poor argument when they won 3-0, isn't it? We created nothing all afternoon.

Milner by a mile. He's the only truly world-class player going around for us at the moment. When it comes to the summer window the rest are expendable. Unfortunately, if recent speculation is anything to go by, his sale will provide the funding for another batch of mediocre British "talents". Martene knows.

There's a huge problem with us when we go behind.

Spot on. Except for when we beat Chelsea earlier in the season. Or two of the previous rounds of the FA cup.

No one really deserves MOTM from our lot, they were outfought in the second half and lost to a team with better players and a ref who was clearly unfit to ref at this level. His top 4 bias shone through, again.

I am done with this season. :cry:

Plenty of effort first half, unlucky with penalty decision............but lack guile, cutting edge and a striker. MON will not take a chance to turn a game ie put the Fonz on, he needs to look at his tactics, stubborness and lack of a plan B to take Villa to the next level or WALK AWAY. Proud of the Villa first half, second half you could just see what was gonna happen and maybe Terry was right afterall ref the 60 min blowout?

Great thread going on the main forum board entitled "What's the difference between us and the top four teams". You saw the answer today. They bring on Anelka and Kalou, we bring on Heskey. Enough said.

The scoreline flatters Chelsea and they scored two goals against the run of play. Tough shit, we lost. I hate losing but it could and should have been so different had the penalty been awarded.

Sickening, if we had brought on 3 subs, the score line wouldn't be so embarrassing.

Players out on their feet since 75th minute.

Are you serious? Most of 'em didn't show after half time. On 60 minutes the possession was 70-30 in Chelseas favour.

Yes, I am serious.

History will show we got beaten 3-0, no body will give a rat's ass how much possession Villa had.

friedel 6 - didnt do anything wrong

cuellar 5 - i have a sneaky feeling that maybe right back isnt his preferred position

warnock 8 - all action, wasn't a perfect display but a good performance in front of capello

collins 7 - did well generally, but we did conceed 3

dunne 6 - would have got the same as collins but the goal that changed the game was due to him clearing poorly

downing 4 - sorry, i think he is getting worse

young 6 - not his best game but he is always a threat even if his crossing is erratic

milner 7 - covered every blade of grass but looked heavy legged

petrov 7 - i thought he had a decent game

carew 6 - at times very good holding the ball up, at times a passenger

gabby 6 - should have had a pen, had good flashes but never looked like unlocking them

heskey, yeah whatever

Good first half.

Friedel looked solid.

Carlos was good defensively (until the second goal) BUT is absolutely hopeless going forward.

Warnock was excellent.

CBs did well apart from Dunney's header for the first goal.

Petrov had a good first half but tired massively in the second half and should have gone off or been supplemented.

Milner worked his socks off and was great but had to drop too deep in the second half because Stan had gone.

Ash was lively but .....

Downing had a good game with some excellent delivery.

Gab worked his socks and but should have had a penalty. Really needs a partner that can play with him.

Carew showed for me that he is a flat track bully and will never really challenge the top sides. To see him in CM is a joke for me.

Webb was appalling. Should have been a pen. Terry should have gone. How Mikel didn't get a yellow until that late on was a scandal.

O'Neill was very poor IMO. Felt it was the wrong decision to play 4-4-2 but it seemed to work in the first half although I think it probably took too much out of us judging by the second half. We needed energy and drive with 30 minutes to go and he made no response. Delph and the Fonz should have been on BUT he leaves it to 80 mins to swap Heskey for Carew.

So glad I didn't go down to see us not try to win another game at Wembley!