PL: Everton h Match Thread 2010/04/14 19:45

limpid

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The team will be, the same as cup semi, but maybe Heskey coming in for Carew who picked up a knock.

Not saying i like it, but thats what it will be.

Everton are a good team who i like but i fancy a narrow victory.

And people on here will still moan...

And people on here will still moan...
I think the moaners will be held off until the next time we don't win if we beat Everton. However, if we draw (which wont be too bad and will still keep us in the race for 4th) they'll be back.

I was talking to my step dad about this last night and I think being out of the cups MAY somewhat help our bid for 4th. After last weekend's results we are still well in with a chance and being out of all the cups now we know what our target is - finish 4th or at least win as many games as possible.

It's just a theory, but either way I don't think our confidence will be shattered as some on here are stipulating.

Guest Ricardomeister

In the circumstances a draw would be a very good result imo (although obviously it would be better if we won!) as that would keep us in pole position for the last Europa League spot, which, imo, is a far more realistic target than 4th place.

Wednesday will be very tough. Everton have far fresher players than us and that could prove decisive. We are putting the effort in but our creativity has been poor for several games now and people like Dunne/Downing/Petrov/Jimmy need to be rested for a game or 2 imo.

I thought 4-4-2 against Chelsea would result in very few clear cut opportunities and that proved to be the case as Cech was not threatened once, and I think we need to go 4-5-1 on Wednesday night or we may well end up creating very little again. And with Carew limping off we are faced again with the wonderful prospect of Heskey starting!

A win would take the pressure off re Europa League qualification but if we lose then we are going to be in a big fight with Everton for 7th as they have a comparatively easy run in.

As much as I would love us to win, I cannot see past a tired Villa side, lacking creative inspiration losing to a fresh Everton side 3-1.

UTV SOTC

Liverpool have drawn today.

Chance to push ourselves back into the race for fourth.

Chance to pull away from Everton and seal europe next season.

However, all of that carries a little bit of pressure, and Everton not played since last Sunday.

Think I know whats coming...hate saying it but Everton win for me.

I think we'll win by 2. I think our players are more likely pissed than shattered. Pissed at referees. Pissed at controlling the match but not scoring. Pissed at themselves for losing concentration and their marks when Dunn went up to head clear. Pissed at themselves for losing faith after Webb denied the PK and an unmarked Drogba touched in Terry's terrible mis-hit.

A great chance to propel our race for 4th place, so we will defo lose :L

Time for a reshuffle Martin, and use the subs FFS!

GK Friedel

RB L.Young

CB Collins

CB Dunne

LB Warnock

RM Albrighton

CM Delph

CM Petrov ©

CM Milner

LM A.Young

CF Gabby/Delfoneso/Carew

OTT.

We have Young, Milner, Downing, Carew, Gabby.

They have, Diamanti, Noble, Faubert, Cole, Mido.

I know what i'd rather have.

erm Faubert's a right back for them

and you conveniently left out our worst striker

and their most on form striker

Diamanti is better than Downing

Cole better than Carew

Mido better than Heskey

Ilan would be a very good impact sub

OTT.

We have Young, Milner, Downing, Carew, Gabby.

They have, Diamanti, Noble, Faubert, Cole, Mido.

I know what i'd rather have.

erm Faubert's a right back for them

and you conveniently left out our worst striker

and their most on form striker

Diamanti is better than Downing

Cole better than Carew

Mido better than Heskey

Ilan would be a very good impact sub

Front 5....

I'd have:

Young--Milner--CM(Defensive)--Downing

------Cole--Gabby---

Personally.

That's 4 out of 5 Villa.

that CM obviously being Parker

and if you think Downing is better than Diamanti you're living in a dream world

presume you base your opinion solely on the fact he's scored some good goals this season. i'd suggest that if Diaminti was so amazing he'd be able to hold down a regular place in a truly awful side that could well go down this season.

That same Diamanti who isn't even a regular at West Ham and the same Diamanti who most West Ham fans think is average.

He's just a player who scores some good goals, doesn't make him a good player.

No work ethic, gives the ball away, sloppy, lack of final product generally.

That same Diamanti who isn't even a regular at West Ham and the same Diamanti who most West Ham fans think is average.

what on earth does Downing do??? please inform me

at least Diamanti's got a bit of a flair and unpredictability about him

you know what you're getting with Downing- a cross that goes straight into row z

what on earth does Downing do??? please inform me

at least Diamanti's got a bit of a flair and unpredictability about him

you know what you're getting with Downing- a cross that goes straight into row z

Just like that one which Carew looked certain to score from but Terry got the smallest of flicks too. Good row Z'er isn't it.

I don't think Downing so far has been very good, he's been okay, that's it but he's got plenty of ability and will need time to settle in. Your too quick too give players stick when they should mainly be given time.

There was a number of posts similar to the one's we see now about Downing but towards Milner last year, people saying he's average. Petrov was very good last year and has been good this year after a poor 2 years.

I think Friedel has improved this year on last year.

Even Young's first 4/5 months weren't great here, they were decent but nothing like he produced after in his first proper season.

At least give the lad a full season before thinking he's crap when clearly he has alot of ability.