90 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

British National Party:72%

UK Independence Party:57%

Conservative Party:53%

Labour Party:32%

Liberal Democrats:21%

Green Party: 20%

Hmm, interesting. If there is one part I will definitely NOT be voting for, it's the British Neanderthal Party. Maybe I need to look closer at UKIP......

I'm really undecided at the moment - I know who I don't want to vote for, but can't decide who I do want to vote for...

If someone started a common sense party then I would vote for them, lol. I can see the good and bad policies of most of the parties, but I can't say any of them really jump out as being representative for me. Suppose you just have to go for the ones that represent the majority of your views and have to accept the ones you don't like.

I can't understand the people who are saying they aren't voting because they can't be bothered or just not voting. We have the right to vote and can't understand why people don't

British National Party:72%

UK Independence Party:57%

Conservative Party:53%

Labour Party:32%

Liberal Democrats:21%

Green Party: 20%

Hmm, interesting. If there is one part I will definitely NOT be voting for, it's the British Neanderthal Party. Maybe I need to look closer at UKIP......

The rich mans BNP. ;)

It's ironic Mr Reality, as I'd got it in my head to vote Lib Dem. But I've seen our local candidate and....no.....just, no. UKIP haven't anounced a candidate yet, so I guess I'm looking at either Tory or a spoiled ballot. I' just not sure I trust Cameron and his cronies.

Also good to see the Mail playing the immigrant card so early

It was on radio 5 live phone in this this morning on the way to work and i think the heil have just picked up on it after it was reported in other sources

some opinions were that British people were too lazy

some said that welfare payments were too high and thus the British person got more money for not working

some said that immigrant workers was helping keep wages artificially low

no idea the political leanings of the phone in members , other than the loud opinionated ones were of course all Northerners :winkold:

I think there is some truth in all of those 3 points. But just saying "immigrants are bad and cost us loads o money and jobs" isn't exactly right.

Theres many reasons for unemployment, and it's not immigrants that annoy me it's the pure apathy of some people. Plenty in Coventry city centre at the moment.

Walking past the job center, two lads who obviously just got their cash were talking about going out on the town and getting pissed. Not exactly the best way of spending £76.75 or whatever the going rate is nowadays.

Perhaps they have just reached contentment with the lifestyle they have, yes they could work and live a little better but perhaps they don't actually want to. I don't think the majority of long term unemployed are like that, but certainly quite a few give off that impression.

If you take people out of the labour market for long periods of time, of course you will have problems getting them to adapt to life IN the labour market.

they were barely 21 years old. How can they have been out of the labour market for years? Or do you mean their parents influence on them growing up through a jobless home etc?

Also good to see the Mail playing the immigrant card so early

It was on radio 5 live phone in this this morning on the way to work and i think the heil have just picked up on it after it was reported in other sources

some opinions were that British people were too lazy

some said that welfare payments were too high and thus the British person got more money for not working

some said that immigrant workers was helping keep wages artificially low

no idea the political leanings of the phone in members , other than the loud opinionated ones were of course all Northerners :winkold:

I think there is some truth in all of those 3 points. But just saying "immigrants are bad and cost us loads o money and jobs" isn't exactly right.

Theres many reasons for unemployment, and it's not immigrants that annoy me it's the pure apathy of some people. Plenty in Coventry city centre at the moment.

Walking past the job center, two lads who obviously just got their cash were talking about going out on the town and getting pissed. Not exactly the best way of spending £76.75 or whatever the going rate is nowadays.

Perhaps they have just reached contentment with the lifestyle they have, yes they could work and live a little better but perhaps they don't actually want to. I don't think the majority of long term unemployed are like that, but certainly quite a few give off that impression.

If you take people out of the labour market for long periods of time, of course you will have problems getting them to adapt to life IN the labour market.

they were barely 21 years old. How can they have been out of the labour market for years? Or do you mean their parents influence on them growing up through a jobless home etc?

Well, if they've left school at 16 and have been bumming about and in and out of the labour market it can still be difficult, and yeah of course family has a huge influence on their childrens attitude.

I'm 21, and know guys that used to be in the lower classes in school are bumming about, drifting about the streets etc..and all they care about is when they're gonna get pissed. You see them walking out of the offies during the day when they should be at work.

Pretty sad.

I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to getting a job come graduation.

I basically won't get one - no experience.

Hence I'm praying for a graduate oppurtunity to come up.

My Boss questioned Tony Blair on his policy of 60% of high school students going to Uni. My Boss said it was a 'buy now pay later policy'. whereby everyone goes to uni and gets a degree, pays for it through a loan, then pays again when they graduate and have to work in a job completely unrelated to their degree. And all those years ago he was right.

Blair responded to him saying 'so you want less people to go to uni' and he said yes.

And I think he was right. In 2003 I worked at C&G for 2 years. The amount of people with a degree who couldn't get a placement after uni was pretty high. And they started out as 'oh this is just until I can find a job in X industry or X company'. But that never happened for many of them.

Getting more people through uni hasn't really improved peoples chances of getting a job in their chosen field. It's made it worse. When the government introduced the incentive scheme for people to study as a nurse and doctors and teachers I remember a few slots on radio 4 & 5 on the way home from work in 2004 I think it was, of many nurses calling up saying they cannot find a placement now they have qualified.

And in certain industries, companies now want a Masters not just a degree.

Other than personal development I cannot see how getting every young person through Uni is a good idea for the country. Considering the likelyhood is for 2 years after you graduate you will be working at a call centre for Aviva or someone like that.

The reason you'll get high results for the BNP from that site is that the BNPs policies tend to appeal to common popular opinion. Aside from the racism.

If you want tough justice, continued high public spending on stuff like hospitals, aren't keen on Europe or immigration then they'll have policies that appeal.

Thankfully, the racism defines them. And every other party won't give similar popularist simple policy because they know they can't really implement it.

The reason you'll get high results for the BNP from that site is that the BNPs policies tend to appeal to common popular opinion. Aside from the racism.

If you want tough justice, continued high public spending on stuff like hospitals, aren't keen on Europe or immigration then they'll have policies that appeal.

Thankfully, the racism defines them. And every other party won't give similar popularist simple policy because they know they can't really implement it.

I think you are probably spot on there.

So who chose the questions on that site?

Who owns that site and do they have any political affiliations?

I don't how many people go through university with a genuine job role in mind these days. Apart from people doing clearly occupational ones like medicine. Certainly of the people I know I can't think of any with a clear job role in mind come the end of their degree. None of my close friends do for sure, except for one who already has one lined up, he basically just needs to graduate and he's employed. But otherwise, no-one I know knows where they are going.

I mean my degree opens up a lot of doors for me, but I don't know which I'd take.

The degree is less these days about what you've done and more that you've proven able to do it.

Besides which, it's wrong to think of it as purely a job gaining thing. That's not the point of education.

I think you are probably spot on there.

So who chose the questions on that site?

Who owns that site and do they have any political affiliations?

At the bottom of the page it states quite clearly it is an Unlock Democracy project, a pressure group in the UK who argue for more democractic rights etc.

Certainly not BNP by any stretch of the imagination.