Panini World Cup Stickers 2010

kidlewis

Are you going to collect the WC sticker collection  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Are you going to collect the WC sticker collection

• No
    • Yes

The Panini World Cup Sticker 2010 album is due in towards the end of April.

I have been browsing the net for a bit and that is the general consensus. Does anyone know the date for the confirmation of the world cup squads?

If I remember the date is about 15th May for the final submission, but I am sure England always do a preliminary squad before that don't they?

I am guessing Panini just go with the 15 most likely players. They never have 23 per team in the books. More like 15 if I remember.

As I already mentioned, this particular album is already on sale in Slovenia (unless Panini makes a special one for the UK, then I guess it's the one you're talking about). I am not 100-percent sure, but I think there are 19 stickers per team (17 footballers, a team photo and a crest, BTW the English "crest sticker" always has english flags on it, never the actual Three Lions - maybe a copyright dispute?)

As far as the England squad in this album, David Beckham is in it (and we all know he won't play), and from Villa, only Heskey is included. I'm not at home now, but I can check the album later today and then get back tomorrow with the list of all England players in the album...

It's on sale now in pretty much every WH Smiths and small news agents going. Already got England shiny, Beckham, Ashley Cole and Gerrard.

One pack had;

Cambiasso

Torres

Higuan

I did get a bit excited.

Did these all the time at school. So many childhood memories of half a dozen kids standing in a circle with inch thick wads of stickers saying "got, got, got, got, need, got, got..."

Spot on there, can remember it like it was yesterday.. Use to be 20p packet and i would spend my dinner money on them on the way home from school.

Think i might dig my collections out tomorrow and have a look.

Has anyone got their books yet?

I already have a few swaps:

1:ELJERO ELIA (NETHERLANDS) 349

2:MARTIN JORGENSEN (DENMARK) 366

3: ITALIAN SQUAD 410

4: BRETT EMERTON (AUSTRALIA) 292

5: FERNANDO TORRES (SPAIN) 580

6: CLAUDIO MARCHISIO (ITALY) 423

Did these all the time at school. So many childhood memories of half a dozen kids standing in a circle with inch thick wads of stickers saying "got, got, got, got, need, got, got..."

Spot on there, can remember it like it was yesterday.. Use to be 20p packet and i would spend my dinner money on them on the way home from school.

Think i might dig my collections out tomorrow and have a look.

Too right. Loved it.

Anyway News of the World are giving their free Sticker book in the paper tomorrow and I'm really tempted to have a blast at it.

Kidlewis (or anybody else who knows), how much are the sticker packs and how many are inside?

Cheers, would be awesome to complete it and keep it for the future to look back on!

That what's I'd like to know too but you do get 5 stickers per pack so not much surely?

I won the auction aswell, it all happened so fast! :lol: £41 in total so look forward to opening those...

so you just paid 41p a pack then!

5 stickers per pack? and there is 640 stickers in total, which means that you will need a minimum of 128 packs! this is going to cost a bomb, be surprised if it could be done for less than £75 IMO

640 in total? Didn't know that mate, gonna be a big book that needs filling then. I guess the idea of the whole thing is as it used to be; If you've got 2 the same of one sticker you've gotta trade it for somebody you haven't got! Problem is I'll probably be the only guy collecting them! :lol:

Some online swapping might be in order I think!

Used to do these years ago. Still have the completed book from the first Premier League season. I wonder if it will ever be worth anything....

Anyway, had good times when I was younger doing it. However, I stopped collecting them around 1998. At 25 I feel a bit too old for them now. :D

I loved collecting them as a kid! First one I got was Panini First Division '86. I think I completed the '88 or '89 one.

I remember being distraught once when I had THREE Carl Leaburn's in a single packet. What are the chances hey?! I can still remember it!

Â