• Downing
    • A Young
    • Delph
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Sidwell 75
    • Heskey 70

important win, decent performance, good goal, warnock back to his best, good drink before the game and back in brum by 6:45 to allow for a good session

all in, a great away day (altho i dont think the atmosphere was as good as it has been at other games this season)

My Ratings would be:

Friedel- 7.5 Some good saves and confident punches

Cuellar- 6.5 Defensively fine but crosses are poor, some nice passes though.

Dunne- 7 Classic Dunne

Collins- 6.5 Solid job but one big mistake where Friedel bailed him out with a great save.

Warnock- 7 Added a lot of width on the left and was defensively solid

Downing- 5.5 average with a couple of good dead ball deliveries

Delph- 7 Excellent first half, played very well with Petrov looked comfortable on the ball and looked to drive through the midfield. Went invisible second half most likely struggling after being injured the last couple of weeks

Petrov- 8 Benefited from playing next to a midfielder that didn't keep drifting wide and the extra attacking freedom. Think we'll see the best of him in a 3 man midfield on him delph and milner.

Young- 8 MOTM Very good goal. Was always looking a threat with the ball trying to beat defenders. Needs to work on his dead ball delivery as hes being wasteful at the moment.

Carew- 6 Didn't look fully fit but was a handful for the defenders

Agbonglahor- 5.5 marked down for missing a great chance to seal the game up early. Otherwise a strong performance brought other players into the game

Subs: Sidwell 5 nothing of note.

Heskey 6.5 Was good when he came on. Held up well and almost scored. Prefer seeing him come on the bench than starting, dont want him on when we are chasing a goal though.

Pretty much agree with your scores there, although, I think you're being slightly harsh on Gabby, I think he had a very good game, apart from that one on one, he's been badly missed. Can't work out how you rated Carew's performance as better than Gabby's.

Pretty much agree with your scores there, although, I think you're being slightly harsh on Gabby, I think he had a very good game, apart from that one on one, he's been badly missed. Can't work out how you rated Carew's performance as better than Gabby's.

I pretty much took away a point for the miss (which i know is harsh) because strikers are about the goals. Know most people wouldn't agree with it but thats how i rate them.

I pretty much took away a point for the miss (which i know is harsh) because strikers are about the goals. Know most people wouldn't agree with it but thats how i rate them.

yeah but Carew didn't score either!?

Good result, vital result as it keeps the pressure on Everton

I didn't realise we were fighting for 7th.

We are 5 points away from 4th and Everton winning today puts them 2 points behind us. I would have thought it was quite simple to see are as much in a battle for 7th as we are for 4th, more so

What on earth is this meant to mean?

Would have thought it was quite self explanatory. Take a look at the table, with Evernot two points behind us we need to keep winning to maintain that gap between us

Would have thought it was quite self explanatory. Take a look at the table, with Evernot two points behind us we need to keep winning to maintain that gap between us

4 points and we have a game in hand. So that most likely will be 5-7 points. Same amount of points as we are behind 4th, possibly more points yet your rule us out of 4th?

Saw the game on Sky and thought we played well first half but our second half display was reminiscent of our poorest performances this season. Clearly there is work to be done in the summer if we wish to improve our style of footer. We got the three points though and results elsewhere have helped us. Can we sneak into that fourth place without the others noticing. Still say we won't, but would go ravin mad if we did.

Surely it puts pressure on the teams above us, not below?

Everton winning today puts them 2 points behind us.

Take a look at the table, with Evernot two points behind us we need to keep winning to maintain that gap between us
:bonk:

These statements are strange! I thought counting chickens was supposed to be a positive trait! Is the glass always half empty?