Delph - Give him time

Reo-Coker - No

Who did I miss?

Carew - No

Heskey - Lol.

Gabby - Probably

Fonz - Give him time

Who did I miss?

Why is it dependent on individuals, Villa function as a team! All I would say is we have a good side, I think fitness, confidence are all affected hence our results! The lion is wounded but we will come back, everyone including us are writing this season off but there's still a lot to play for! This'll be the first free week for a long time for the players!

No, we are 2 QUALITY players short in the 1st eleven, a playmaker/midfielder & a striker. As for the squad?! well please don't even get me started on that. Many on here have criticised mon for not rotating but how on earth could he? I think it's clear to see that the "2nd eleven" are no way top 4 standard, more like bottom 10 standard.

No, we are 2 QUALITY players short in the 1st eleven, a playmaker/midfielder & a striker. As for the squad?! well please don't even get me started on that. Many on here have criticised mon for not rotating but how on earth could he? I think it's clear to see that the "2nd eleven" are no way top 4 standard, more like bottom 10 standard.

I would agree with your analylsis of whats required for the first 11. However I think some of the players who haven't been given a chance until yesterday - may have performed better had they had a few more games. The obvious one Luke Young (yes he had a mare yesterday) but had he been getting the odd game here and there - perhaps he would have performed better. Same for Delfonso really.

I really hope MON relegates Petrov and Heskey next season. These players are clearly MON'S untouchables - but I just hope he sees the need for better players before next august.

My heart tells me MON will come good for villa - but his transfer dealing , make my head think otherwise.

I would agree with your analylsis of whats required for the first 11. However I think some of the players who haven't been given a chance until yesterday - may have performed better had they had a few more games. The obvious one Luke Young (yes he had a mare yesterday) but had he been getting the odd game here and there - perhaps he would have performed better. Same for Delfonso really.

I really hope MON relegates Petrov and Heskey next season. These players are clearly MON'S untouchables - but I just hope he sees the need for better players before next august.

My heart tells me MON will come good for villa - but his transfer dealing , make my head think otherwise.

Cannot disagree with any of your comments smetrov... Bit annoyed i guess with the so called "2nd eleven" ... annoyed with Reo Coker's infamous outburst (although you can understand his frustration) & i do think he was one player who could have been really helping us out now with Petrov's legs appearing to be wobbly at best.. Also annoyd with Steve Sidwell as he is much better than what he has been showing when given the chances (& he's had more than most)......

Of the "successes" i guess you would have to say Delfounso & Albrighton have made large strides but of course wouyld'nt reall be classed as Top 4 quality as yet & i think that is part of the problem... They are coming into a side pushing for top 4 with maybe too much pressure on them as we have no other alternatives?

As for Osbourne it appears he has taken his eye off the ball behind the scene's?

Guzan i guess has to be a positive though needs game time which we cannot surely risk with so much at stake?

I'll leave it at that & i know there are others i havn't mentioned like Beye etc but hardly loads of players pushing the 1st team hard now is there?

Have to agree about Young mind you!

Cannot disagree with any of your comments smetrov... Bit annoyed i guess with the so called "2nd eleven" ... annoyed with Reo Coker's infamous outburst (although you can understand his frustration) & i do think he was one player who could have been really helping us out now with Petrov's legs appearing to be wobbly at best.. Also annoyd with Steve Sidwell as he is much better than what he has been showing when given the chances (& he's had more than most)......

Of the "successes" i guess you would have to say Delfounso & Albrighton have made large strides but of course wouyld'nt reall be classed as Top 4 quality as yet & i think that is part of the problem... They are coming into a side pushing for top 4 with maybe too much pressure on them as we have no other alternatives?

As for Osbourne it appears he has taken his eye off the ball behind the scene's?

Guzan i guess has to be a positive though needs game time which we cannot surely risk with so much at stake?

I'll leave it at that & i know there are others i havn't mentioned like Beye etc but hardly loads of players pushing the 1st team hard now is there?

Have to agree about Young mind you!

The Beye signing really wound me up - I just can not see the logic.

you pack your squad with inferior players (Beye) - then they don't get a game - because they is a difference in quality from the first 11 !!! - a total waste of money.

If you always improve the first 11 - then the displaced players become fringe players ........easier said than done - but couldn't one of our reserves done what beye has done this season ? - that could have been money towards a striker.

No chance - we have a squad that the manager has no faith in actually rotating (though the subs seem to rotate frequently depending on their fitness). We (yet again) have played too many games and now have niggling injuries and the first eleven is still pretty much the same... yes it is... you know it is really.

At the start of the season, March, April and early May were filled with a great majority of winnable games. The only real questionable ones were Chelski, Man City away and maybe a draw on the cards at home to Everton, Everton, Everton. All the others on paper, we should fancy our chances of winning.

In the space of 7 days, my club has thrown it's season to the wind. 2-2 at home versus Wolves, yes a local derby, but come on, look at the personnel... we should be winning that game. 1-1 at home to Mackems. Given the season so far, sorry, this is just not good enough. Chelsea away, well maybe we were underdogs in that game. However, anyone who was EXPECTING a heavy defeat could not have imagined a 7-1 humiliation? Come on - this is Aston Villa, not Crapston Villas.

7-1.

7-1.

7-1.

WTF?

WTHIGO?

7 days.

The pressure is now off, relax boys. Might as well let the kids loose in the league now. Maybe we can pip Everton to 7th, and maybe we can keep SHA at bay.

All of a sudden, this has become a one game season. April 10th at 5pm. Have we the belly and spunk for revenge? If anyone is going to rally, it is MON. Shit or bust Villa. Shit or bust.

And then the Summer... Lots of people on here are predicting a clear out of fringe players. Well, that might happen, but without replacing them, and somebody to consistently hit the back of the net, we are back to square one aren't we? Too many games, tired and burnt out team by March. Maybe that is our lot in life, maybe that IS actually good enough. Maybe I have delusions of greatness. Well, I was sold a dream and I continue to believe in it.

Nowhere near top 4. Dream on for another year.