• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Downing (63)
    • Delfouneso (63)
    • Beye (71)

As long as we beat Bolton I can't say I care for this result. I expected to lose by 4 or 5 so 6 isn't a massive shock to me. Players looked nackered and as soon as we went down to 4-1 I said get Milner, Gabby and Dunne off. He did take a few off which I was happy about.

We could have drawn here and drawn at Bolton, which would make us all a lot happier but again. Lose-Win is better. Weve been smashed by if you take two goals off the scoreline then theres no shock really and im not going to get worked up or complain over a -2GD.

EVERY SINGLE GAME without fail, for over 3 yrs - Petrov and Milner have looked as if they couldn't stand up after 60 minutes.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON apart from the manager can see this.

The same James Milner who managed to run the length of the pitch in the 90th min vs Wigan and had people on here and in the media wondering where he gets his energy from??

Mate, you're clearly very wound up and I can understand why. May I suggest you walk away from the computer for a couple of hours? Your blood pressure will thank you later.

The pundit on the post match reaction (setanta) just mentioned how MON cupped his hands to the fans at the wolves game, as if to say "how dare you doubt me..".. and then said that the fans are right and that MON is setting up his team incorrectly (he then went on to say that Gabby should be upfront with Carew as opposed to on the right and that we're not playing to our strengths by playing 4-5-1 etc etc)

I'm amazed that Petrov got taken off.. I honestly couldn't see MON doing that

I hope martin learns from this. He has to rotate players earlier in the season even if he feels it will weaken his sides chances of victory. The benefits will be reaped at this point in the season. I find it hard to believe we can ever achieve 4th spot under this manager and owner, yet I'm ready to accept that.

Liverpool will be back and City will splash the cash and Redknapp despite being a vile human being is a superior manager to O'Neill, and Spurs have superior resources.

Unless Randy wants to give a war chest to O'Neill to compete, I'm happy for us to give up the ghost and focus on winning one of the cups, including the Europa. It's probably time to settle, we're not good enouygh and wont be good enough to compete for 4th.

this just hurts, we have had some bad defeats in the past under other managers (cup games with DOL spring to mind)

But this hurts the most purely because i expected more from this team and MON

Hopefully as some people have said it will make MON wake up and stop papering over the cracks, he is a good manager, he has some big faults too (refusing to rotate, stubbornness) but i cant really think of any other manager who would come to this club take it to his heat like MON has and improve us

We started well but they improved, played really well and showed their quality.

We defended poorly, lost our shape and got tired - all the recent efforts caught up with us and we got trounced by a clinical team full of world-class players.

Move on, don't let it upset you too much and let's cheer them on against Bolton.

It's only a game, people.

can't say I'm surprised, because I'm NOT except for the magnitude for the defeat.... never thought Aston Villa under Martin O'Neill could concede 7

No, my mind was made up months ago when we were winning that this team without numbers can't defend.

This is not a time for turning on the Manager, this really is a time for the Manager to quit this immature stubborness and get back to analysising the play and correcting it.

I did'nt watch the game today, but I'm told that by half time we were a good match for them and possibly the better team despite being 2-1 down.

without seeing the game I would be interested in who was responsible for picking up Lampard....it just strikes me the Lampards, The gerrards, The Rooneys just don't get picked up.

echoing the words of my old schoolmaster who coached our team and when I commented to him how good the opposition is that day before the game, the immortal words were mooted...."they're all good if you let 'em be"

simplictic -yes... but spot on IMO

A tad unlucky, I thought we might nick it at the end but it wasn't to be.

Obviously pretty hard to cheer me up at the moment but that genuinely made me laugh :)

Think we just need to draw a line under it really and support the lads, whoever plays, at Bolton

EVERY SINGLE GAME without fail, for over 3 yrs - Petrov and Milner have looked as if they couldn't stand up after 60 minutes.

What nonsense.

Precisely. Paulanddonya, I don't think anyone has ever stood out to me on this board for posting quite as much bollocks as you do. We're all upset, gutted, distraught or whatever about this result (I know I am), but please don't just make things up.

Well I have just witnessed our worst defeat in my lifetime and had £950 snatched away from me in the last minute due to small heath equalizing. On the plus side however I just cracked open a pot noodle and to my joy there were TWO Soy sauce packets. Every cloud I guess.

:cry:

Saying something sensible and reasonable after a result like that takes some doing Gaz, but I reckon you've nailed it.

I'm going to go and cook a curry and try to blank this from my mind.

Thanks Rich. The events of the last few months have taught me the truth in the statement "it's just a game". I'm gutted by the result, don't get me wrong, but I won't be getting too exercised by the whole thing.

Aye, I've said 'it's only a game' so many times in the last hour, it's become like a mantra.

Then I have a quick sing of The Wheels on a Bus with the little one, remember that British summer time starts tomorrow, have a good sniff of this curry (which is going to be a cracker), open a cold one and realise it's true.