• A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Downing (63)
    • Delfouneso (63)
    • Beye (71)

I thought we may just sneak an equalising 6 goals at the end there, but it wasn't to be. On another day it could easily have been a draw.

I was expecting us to get no points, and that's what we got. It's hard to believe we conceeded THAT many, but we have to just put it behind us. It may actually do us a favour, we've been playing shit for a few games now, and the 2 draws against Wolves and Sunderland we seemed to be almost accepting a draw as an okay result. This may just be a kick up the arse for the players, whereas a 1-0 win to Chelsea may have seen no change in our performances. I certainly hope so anyway. I'm looking for the positives there, somewhere, somehow.

freak result, was 'one of the days' rather than us being shit or having an inept manager as a few on here suggest. i expect a response from the lads next week given how lacklustre we were in the 2nd half. no midweek game this week so should have a good amount of rest before Bolton. 4th now a massive task, but still not impossible given Spurs fixtures to come.

lets do our best to forget this ever happened :oops:.

If anyone gets a link to MONs after-match interview could they post it?

I'm wondering how he explains this one away, how he's going to lift the side, just what the hell he'll do.

They cut to him on the sidelines a lot during the second half. The man takes football very personally, and he looked devastated.

Not a lot to say really.

I did, however, think Sidwell was our best player today. But being the winner of the day's "Tallest Dwarf" competition isn't a huge honour.

Friedel looked like he couldn't be arsed any more by the end. Luke Young looked knackered after 20 minutes and his concentration went from that point. Warnock was below average. Collins and Dunne were clumsy in the extreme.

Ashley Young put in one good cross for the goal. Apart from that, didn't really offer much. James Milner had the first touch of a rapist all day. Petrov was a rabbit in the headlights. Sidwell put himself about well and, like I said, was our tallest dwarf today. Gabby ran about a bit but looked heavy.

John Carew got a nice goal and tried his best to do the lone striker job, but Chelsea's centre backs enjoyed nicking the ball off him whenever he tried to hold it up.

One of two things will happen now. The team will feel sorry for themselves, blame as many external factors as they possibly can, curl up and die. Or else they will look at themselves in a realistic and critical light and seek redemption in the remaining games.

I hope they choose the latter.

Saying something sensible and reasonable after a result like that takes some doing Gaz, but I reckon you've nailed it.

I'm going to go and cook a curry and try to blank this from my mind.

Bring back Carlos at right back, i cant believe Martin rested him.

I'm pretty sure your tongue is lodged in your cheek when you type that, but I think there's some truth in what you said.

So many times I've seen Carlos come in from right-back and make a block or clearance or do something which cleans up the mess made by Collins or Dunne in the middle. While he undoubtedly has his limitations at right back, I firmly believe (and have done for many months) that his selection at right back contributed more to the team (and the defence) than we missed by not having Luke Young at right back.

No Cuellar or Heskey and we still get stuffed 7 - 1. Best thing for me to do is to laugh it off. We will be a massive price to beat them in the semi now. Things can only get better . Always look on the brightside of life etc ......

we looked in the match until Half time.

Been following villa for over 30 years - endured quite a few 5 goal defeats - but never a 7. - however Chelsea were a league apart - any club from 6th down would have got walloped today.

IMO we have never looked like getting 4th this season. Don't know where MON goes from here - his players, his signings -

What can be said? o'neil will fob it off to tiredness or someother crock, this may well end our season today i just hope its a massive kick up the arse they all need but i have my doubts , i'm devastated this has made my illness relapse honestly.

Just saw the scoreline. WTF happened? Did he put the same team out there again? Who was at fault for most of the goals? Was it a collective collapse?

Spurs won....think we're done?

hmm, anyone who has seen the last two performances must have noticed how poor the defenders have been playing. If Dunne is injured (as he clearly is), then we have centre backs that could cover. Why doesn't MON use them ? For me Collins has not been the same player he was since his injury, and Dunne has spent a lot of time clearing up after him the last few games.

I'm frustrated more that because MON doesn't rotate the media buy into us still having a small squad, it's not that small, and with the money that has been spent if it's still small then only MON is to blame for that.

In the end after a decent first half we got what we deserved from this game. I didn't ever really think we'd finish 4th, and following this I think we'll struggle to qualify for Europe via the league, but perhaps this might just drive us on for the FA Cup, and perhaps Chelsea might just be a bit complacent at Wembley. Whatever happens, our season now rests on the Semi Final.

MON out is not the way forward here, but he must shoulder the blame, he is not above that. Lets just hope he can dig deep and motivate the players in the coming weeks.

One major positive for me has been how good Delf has looked during the last two games. Must much better than having Heskey on the pitch, and surprisingly quick too.

Saying something sensible and reasonable after a result like that takes some doing Gaz, but I reckon you've nailed it.

I'm going to go and cook a curry and try to blank this from my mind.

Thanks Rich. The events of the last few months have taught me the truth in the statement "it's just a game". I'm gutted by the result, don't get me wrong, but I won't be getting too exercised by the whole thing.

Chelsea's very existence in the upper echelons is fundamentally unjust and invalid, a morally and financially bankrupt, grubby little club bailed out by the mafia. Roll on platini's financial restrictions

Can't be arsed getting upset. We were always going to finish 7th or 8th this season - Randy is great, an infinite improvement on old man Scrooge, and has never hoodwinked the fans about what he could do financially - but Spurs and the grubby-as-Chelsea Man City have now usurped us - that's football today, built on financial status alone - we're a lot healthier than most on that front but there are 6 (maybe 5 if Liverpool continue to plummet) who are significantly stronger than we are when it comes to spending money and building competitive squads. Today may have been a nightmare but it's born of the fact that we have maybe 13 or 14 truly top class players and, in trying to compete with the rest, MON has run them into the ground

Bring back Carlos at right back, i cant believe Martin rested him.

I'm pretty sure your tongue is lodged in your cheek when you type that, but I think there's some truth in what you said.

So many times I've seen Carlos come in from right-back and make a block or clearance or do something which cleans up the mess made by Collins or Dunne in the middle. While he undoubtedly has his limitations at right back, I firmly believe (and have done for many months) that his selection at right back contributed more to the team (and the defence) than we missed by not having Luke Young at right back.

String him up!

(I agree whole heartedly ;))

Not that it really matters now.

How can anyone say "just a freak 30 mins"

No - it is not a freak.

EVERY SINGLE GAME without fail, for over 3 yrs - Petrov and Milner have looked as if they couldn't stand up after 60 minutes.

EVERY SINGLE PERSON apart from the manager can see this.

And today - it came back to haunt us

It wasn't a freak - it was the norm - we have just got a way with it more than we should have in the past