• Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Agbonlahor
    • Downing (63)
    • Delfouneso (63)
    • Beye (71)

Your thoughts for posterity.

Please also vote for your man of the match. Remember if you are voting immediately after the game that you cannot change your vote, so you may want to take some time to consider your choice.

Well, a win would have been fantastic, a draw would have been very good and a defeat was certainly acceptable. In fact it was pretty difficult to find a result that would create any real controversy or crisis today.

We've managed it spectacularly.

If we can forget it quickly it doesn't actually make much of a difference to our season, if we can't then it's over.

I have to go to a family dinner / gathering tomorrow, 2 of my cousins and one of my uncles support Chelsea, and I'm sure my gramp will give me hell even though he supports Arsenal.

Think I might have to fake an illness.

I thought that we were unlucky to go in 2-1 down and that it all went wrong when we tried to switch to 442 to get something from the match. This gave their midfield more time and they used it. At 3-1 you could see our players deflating like a balloon with a hole. The problem was the hole was Collins sized in our defence.

It happens to all but the best sides, even to them on occasion. I'm more concerned with how the players get out of this and try to to remain in the fight for 4th which mathematically we are still in.

Very poor second half beaten by a clinical side who will win the league. Could have been very different had we gone in at 1-1 at half time and perhaps Mikel was sent off in the first half. All we can do is put the result behind us, I expected us to lose today but the score is flattering to Chelsea given our first half performance.

No doubt this thread will get double the pages it would had we not lost since the boo boys will be out in force.

My brother's a Chelsea fan. We watched it in a pub with my visiting father.

Oh the shame. The hot, red-faced shame.

The only good thing is that it blows the excuses away. We've been poor for over a month, but it's been covered up by drawing with other poor teams. Now our flaws and weaknesses are there for the world to see, and MON has to adress them.

Let's not go over the top, it's just one game. But what a disgusting game.

The worst part is that it takes all anticipation away from the semi for me. How are we going to compete with this lot after that?

Que sera sera.....

They could have been down to 9. The penalty was dodgy. We capitulated in the second half. It's not the end of the world. The next game could well be though.

Joke, absolute joke. We are not good enough, that is not a reaction to being destroyed to day but in general over the last few months (unbeaten with a shit load of draws, so what?). Average players, one or two with a bit more in the locker which lifts them above the mediocrity of the rest of the team.

The worst thing about it all is not having to accept that our players aren't as good as we hope they are but todays result, Wednesdays result, last weekends result are largely the culmination of one mans lack of planning. The players have some serious bollocks and try all day but they have been out on their feet by 60 minutes week after week, moderate success has left us with 11 or 12 players who are completely knackered by Feb/March.