PL: Chelsea a Match Thread 2010/03/27 15:00

limpid

Actually, I've just been for a run and feel much more positive. I reckon if we do lose, we will go down heroically. I bet this is a mirror of the Manure game last season - we go ahead surprisingly, and then Chelsea roar back to win with a 16 year old rookie scoring the winner that the media will wank all over (and will then dissappear off the face of the earth)

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friedel

Young----Cuellar-----Collins-------Warnock

Downing----Sidwell-----Petrov-------Young

-------------Carew-----Delfouneso----

Agree with this one!

Lets unlesah the fonz and hope he can cause havock with his pace!

Another big defensive performance!

I would play:

Friedel

Beye     Collins     Davies    Young

Sidwell

Albrighton                     Young

Downing     Agbonlahor

Carew

It may look a bit silly but I'm trying to think of players who look knackered and rest them, but it's most of them. Also I do think there's method in my madness..

Anything we get out of this is a bonus and I can't say as I go into it with any great expectation.

However, I'm really looking forward to 14:00 as I think this will be the most interesting team selection of the season.

Agreed on all counts. I actually don't have any of the nervous energy I had before the last three games, as this game won't make or break our season as they did. If we get something, great, if not, nothing has changed. I'm just going to sit down with my Chelsea supporting brother *spit* and enjoy it. We've both agreed, no gloating on this one, the semi is where the bragging rights are at.

And the team selection will be fascinating. I actually really want to see that Sidwell plays. He's not the out-and-out dud some make him out to be, he's against an old club... I reckon he might put in a performance.

I'm also looking for Ashley Young to continue his great run of form - a lot of people who aren't Villa fans haven't noticed how well he's playing at the moment - if he can do it against Chelsea it'll be a huge boost for his WC chances.

(Also, as an aside, I've two tickets in the Villa end for the semi, brother wants to go... Not sure what I should do there... I reckon I could ask him to not wear colours and keep his mouth shut, but I'm telling him he wouldn't enjoy it. I've had the same experience in Stamford Bridge too many times. Seriously, I **** hate the Bridge. I'd also feel bad smuggling in a traitor, you know. At the same time, he's a good guy and I owe him. Gah...)

whats their defence like?? is it true they are gonna have to play zhirkov at RB??? if thats the case get ashley young to tear him apart, even if he starts on his favoured left side, he is still very attacking and suspect defensively!

whats their defence like?? is it true they are gonna have to play zhirkov at RB??? if thats the case get ashley young to tear him apart, even if he starts on his favoured left side, he is still very attacking and suspect defensively!
According to the Guardian this morning their defence is

Ferreira-----Terry-----Alex-----Zhirkov

So I reckon those miserygutses who are predicting 3/4 - 0 to Chelsea are being a bit pessimistic. I can see that defence leaking a goal or two.

Out of interest does any one the injury status of Reo Cocker?

Again according to the Guardian Reo-Coker is out until 25 April with an ankle injury.

MON said last week he had returned to light training.

To anybody saying we'll loose 4 or 5-0, you ain't villa fans.

Did you see the Sunderland game?

yeah and take craig gordon out of the game and we would have had 3-4 more goals, we played ok against sunderland, but it just wasnt our day.

no doubt if we win today you'll be the first on here saying how great we are :evil:

i cant criticise the players for there effort, i could criticise MoN as his lack of rotation and stubborness to play certain players is what is costing us, ie heskey up front, cuellar at right back.

dunne was carrying a knock on wednesday but insteads of resting him and pushing cuellar into centre half and young at right back he plays him and now we may not have him for the chelsea game.

As a matter of fact, I didn't :oops:

But none the less, an actual Villa fan does not predict a 5-0 loss.

Guest Ricardomeister

why not? he is as much entitled to his opinion as anybody else. When I predict the score I take off the claret and blue specs and do the prediction as though as I am a neutral, as wanting Villa to win has nothing to do with what I think the actual score will be.

yeah and take craig gordon out of the game and we would have had 3-4 more goals, we played ok against sunderland, but it just wasnt our day.

no doubt if we win today you'll be the first on here saying how great we are :evil:

i cant criticise the players for there effort, i could criticise MoN as his lack of rotation and stubborness to play certain players is what is costing us, ie heskey up front, cuellar at right back.

dunne was carrying a knock on wednesday but insteads of resting him and pushing cuellar into centre half and young at right back he plays him and now we may not have him for the chelsea game.

Like I said on some other thread: Players on the bench are not match fit and can't last a full game! So Dunne played with a knock, Milner played with a knock, and none on the bench was good enough to start ahead of them? What about being a bit creative and use Davies (is he still alive?) or Luke Young instead of Dunne? Or maybe put Milner on the wing, because he shouldn't run as much as he should playing CM and carrying a knock?

I don't know what today's team will be, but all I know is that with the semi-injured players on the pitch, we will be reduced (like the Sunderland game), and with the bench warmers on the pitch, we will be reduced because they are not match fit.

I don't criticize players and normally not MON, but this has been ridiculous for a long time. I am saying this before the game, because I am more reflected now than after. I hope we win, but this is the lowest expectations I have had before a game all this season and last season.

Yes, Gordon made some saves, but that is his job. So why did the Sunderland players get so much room? Had they put all their chances, we would have lost with 2 or 3 goals. Our defense is tired.

why not? he is as much entitled to his opinion as anybody else. When I predict the score I take off the claret and blue specs and do the prediction as though as I am a neutral, as wanting Villa to win has nothing to do with what I think the actual score will be.

Chelsea is a free flowing attacking minded team, we have a defense that is all over the place. Warnock making silly mistakes, Dunne making mistakes and carrying a knock, and the never ending debate with Cuellar playing RB... Milner carrying a knock, Petrov by himself against Lampard, Ballack, Joe Cole and other creative midfielders and strikers dropping deap...I am worried yes!