Favourite lads holiday destination?

Mukka_AVFC

BOF spent most of his summer holidays as a kid in Dingle so he knows it well. He also hit Fungi a belt of an oar but shhh don't tell anyone.

done ibiza, cancun and magaluf, magaluf is tame compared to the other 2 places (which i cant separate) in terms of the clubs, but i was disappointed by the west end - thought it was expensive and crap if you werent moving on to one of the main clubs afterwards

Magaluf.

I did the "here we go" hols when i was a teenager and at the time enjoyed them (Shagaluf wasn't one of the best ones as at that time there was very much an anti- English vibe everywhere we went , to the point that some of the clubs refused English entry and i had to result to pretending to be Swedish to get into some venues )

Ibiza was the best of the lads breaks i did back then ..mind you this was before all that Rave shit took over the place ... saw Phil Fearon and Galaxy play on stage :oops: in the Star bar , even had a beer with him after his set

but looking back now they really were shit holidays ... crappy accommodation , crap beer in crowded clubs .. great when i was 15 , everything I hate about going abroad now i'm 39

As Xela said go on a holiday to Asia and you'll never look at Ibiza and the like the same way again .. but saying that and despite my best victor Mildrew impression , i'm still glad i did those hols in my youth

Got to be Magaluf, went three years running a good few years ago, what a place. Would never go back....Voinjama, dont ask becuase we cant tell you....what goes on tour

You may not want share, but others might

Only proper lads' holiday I'e been on was to Magaluf. Bloody brilliant. But like others, I wouldn't go back.

Why wouldn't you go back.

Well it's brilliant to get battered on cheap booze and sample the easiest birds going.

But really it's a pretty horrible place on the face of it, and 90% english chavs.

I think I'm a bit past the "lads" holidays, but if I were to go on one again I'd choose somewhere different.

I went to Magaluf two years ago. Hell and heaven combined into one. Wouldn't go back though.

What happened when you went there?

Although someone has alluded to the 'what goes on tour, stays on tour' which has been strictly followed to this day, I guess I can divulge some information on the internet :lol:

IMO it generally depends on the people you go with. My friends were going through a horrific 'extreme banter' period at the time so no one was safe. The self-appointed leader of the group also got trashed (due to being delayed at Manchester for 6 hours) and lost the tickets back home before we'd even got there, which culminated in a series of arguments with some of the 'stronger personalities' shall we say.

As for Magaluf itself, when I say hell and heaven. Heaven being as an 18 year old lad there was cheapish beer (compared to the IOM anyway), plenty of fast food outlets open 24 hours (once again, a god-send if you've lived on the Isle of Man as a teenager for more than 6 months) and plenty of other 'distractions'.

Hell wise for me was the lack of sleep, I stayed up for around 3 days which ended in an horrific argument with my best mate after he basically conned 30 euros out of me, which on a good 7 hours sleep I'd have probably laughed off. One of my friends also had a brain hemorrhage after falling off the roof of a bus stop onto his head, to which the local police didn't seem to really give a shit.

We'd also made a pact we wouldn't splash a good proportion of our money on those holiday rep led packages and do our own thing. In the end, we got made to listen to these reps who goaded the majority of our group (thus the rest had to pay too) into forking out a load for 5 days worth of crap in my opinion. They also came up with the 'we don't include BCM in the package as the Spanish, Dutch, Italians etc. who go there don't like the English so you'll get battered' trick, so we didn't even end up going to the best club.

All in all, it was worth it to do it to say you have done it and there are many memories (that I haven't included on here) that I'll never forget. Not one to visit again though.

A brain hemorrhage :shock:

That's more extreme than anything that happened to me when I went!

It was terrible mate. I had my fingers in his mouth for about 15 minutes as his tongue was preventing him from breathing properly and the ambulance took forever. The lad who lost the tickets also didn't get the insurance we all paid for so his parents had to pay for his recovery in hospital. I'm not sure how long he stayed in Majorca for either but I guess the bill was quite hefty too.

I have never been on a lads holiday, I really want to go on one soon. I hear The girls on these holidays are easier then essex birds
Although I was with my present girlfriend at the time so didn't engage in any frivolous activity, some of my friends would probably vouch for that :winkold:

Am I the only one that has never had an interest in these places, despite the fact I'm a 21-year-old male? I like having a good time as much as most but places like Magaluf just seem horrible, personally.

If so, I'll just shut up being miserable and leave the thread

Am I the only one that has never had an interest in these places, despite the fact I'm a 21-year-old male? I like having a good time as much as most but places like Magaluf just seem horrible, personally.

If so, I'll just shut up being miserable and leave the thread

if your 21 your already about 4 years to old.

Â