Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

smetrov

Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

• Yes
    • No

Sturridge is excellent, but his decision to move to Chelsea either shows a lack of intelligence or a lack of true ambition. I know Chelsea are a bigger club, but he's not ever going to be a first team player there and surely he knew that. He chose to be helicoptered halfway up the mountain and get stuck there than slowly climb all the way to the top, and I firmly believe if he does want to climb that mountain, he can make it.

It's certainly a day for bad metaphors.

Sturridge is excellent, but his decision to move to Chelsea either shows a lack of intelligence or a lack of true ambition. I know Chelsea are a bigger club, but he's not ever going to be a first team player there and surely he knew that. He chose to be helicoptered halfway up the mountain and get stuck there than slowly climb all the way to the top, and I firmly believe if he does want to climb that mountain, he can make it.

It's certainly a day for bad metaphors.

Yeah, he made a mistake, but he isn't the first and he wont be the last, SWP, Glen Johnson and Sidwell to name but three.

As long as he has learnt, who cares

Regarding potential strikers i still reckon we need look no further than either well established premiership players in the same mould as Heskey & Chris Sutton or the most likely candidates from the teams who will most likely go down this year!!

As it stands that is looking like Burnley, Hull, Pompey or possibly Wolves Sunderland etc.. So you could almost guarantee a signing or 2 from that group as we do it every single season!.. Cannot see a decent 15m striker in that lot anywhere mind you!

The list of potential striking targets for me is:

POMPEY

Possible strikers:

Frédéric Piquionne

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie

Aruna Dindane

Nwankwo Kanu

John Utaka

Possible any position:

Kevin-Prince Boateng

Hermann Hreidarsson

Pape Bouba Diop

Tal Ben Haim

Burnley:

Strikers: nobody!

others:

Chris Eagles

Hull:

Boaz Myhill

Stephen Hunt

Jimmy Bullard

Just think these are the "MON" type? with the exception of some of the Portsmouth lads maybe.

Not many exciting option in the top 30 though. I think there is less quality strikers these days compared to 10 years ago. But if money is no object and we can make 3 players sign for Villa.

Torres, Villa and Fabregas would be my trio of signing. But that is about likely as Small Heath winning champions league next season.

I would risk 15 millions on Real Madrid striker Gonzalo Higuain

Spending money on maybes is not the option you need someone in the top 1-30 in this list

if not then there's no real point. They are only going to be the players to be more likely than not to get 20 goals per season.

I made a joke in a thread in the last transfer window that we should follow up Salifou's signing with another Swiss league player and randomly picked a team BSC Young Boys and there top scorer:

Doumbia Seydou

11th on that list and even though a joke league what I have seen of him he looks a talent and only 22. I think he could be a big name signing in a few years. Lot of the managers of teams take gambles on these kind of players and it's win-win. Look at the money Wigan made off Palacios and Valencia who cost them next to nothing. We are in a position financially that Wigan aren't that if we signed those players we wouldn't need to sell if they were a success.

We will never sign another Yorke the way MON does his transfer dealings

Sell Carew too, we need a striker who can be consistant for us over a season and not 2 months. (although he is brilliant for those 2 months etc..)

Sell Carew and Heskey for Kalinic and Gudjohnsen? No thanks.

Sell Carew too, we need a striker who can be consistant for us over a season and not 2 months. (although he is brilliant for those 2 months etc..)

Fair enough but I think those two would fit in nicely. We need players with consistancy uptop aswell as abit of quality. I thought Gudjohnson was past it and I know it's only one game but from what I saw on football first that night, he looked very good, such a quick mind, good touch, great control and also strong.

If it was just one, I'd go sell Heskey and buy Kalinic at this moment, but preferably both, I think we need to move on from Carew, too many injuries and inconsistancy however good he is on his day.

Fair enough but I think those two would fit in nicely. We need players with consistancy uptop aswell as abit of quality. I thought Gudjohnson was past it and I know it's only one game but from what I saw on football first that night, he looked very good, such a quick mind, good touch, great control and also strong.

If it was just one, I'd go sell Heskey and buy Kalinic at this moment, but preferably both, I think we need to move on from Carew, too many injuries and inconsistancy however good he is on his day.

i'd argue klanic and gudjohnsen aren't good enough.

we need better or don't bother.

i'd argue klanic and gudjohnsen aren't good enough.

we need better or don't bother.

Fair enough but don't think at the moment there are many other options. think Kalinic has the potential to be getting 15+ goals a season aswell as consistancy in performances and holding the ball up while Gudjohnson is just a far more clever, more goal getting, creative version and far better version of Heskey.

Most players are an improvement on our strikers. Currently we have two strikers who can't seem to play well in more than 7-8 games a season.

Didn't realise renewing season tickets were based on summer buys?

So we all just renew blindly then do we.

When your a man you will realise your folly :lol:

No, but I can't be the only one who thinks that not buying the striker you personally wanted or think is a star means you won't renew. If you can't afford it, working or family matters then okay but rarely heard a reason for not renewing "because we signed a striker who I don't rate that much"

Didn't realise renewing season tickets were based on summer buys?

So we all just renew blindly then do we.

Not all, but I'm sure some do. I'll be renewing regardless, I support the club, not the players.