Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

smetrov

Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

• Yes
    • No

I agree Flatty, is there a proven striker that is affordable? available? if he is available, then he's either not up to much, his selling club are trying to rip another club off or he's past it. No-one springs to mind.

Robbie Keane is my guess.

Forgot about Keane with him being up at Celtic on Loan but now you mention him I would be extremely happy to see him in a Villa shirt! I can’t though think of another striker in the prem/championship that we could realistically sign that will help us take that step into the top 4??

Another question this one leads to is can you see MON spending 10,15 Million plus on a striker that hasn’t got a proven record in England (if there isn’t one available in the country). I personally think our progression as a club could be partly down to this. Countless games this season including the league cup final could have been different if we had a striker worthy of playing in the top 4 in our side. I’m by no means saying that we have to buy foreign players, far from it but if we want to keep taking strides forward we need quality up top and if we can’t afford/attract a seasoned prem player then we have to look abroad rather buy an “okay” prem striker...in my opinion.

Whats the **** point when we'll just launch aimless balls into the box. Pathetic football.

I agree any striker needs the service. No point having the world best strikers if they are not going to touch the ball.

I would argue there is plenty of good service, if Carew had the determination of Rooney to get forward he would have way more goals this season.

In the absence of Darren Bent who I would orgasm over, but just can't see it in a million years.

I honestly think it will be Craig Bellamy, and to be honest, I'll be chuffed to bits.

I don't care how good he has been for Man City this season, and how good mancini (or who-ever comes in) thinks he is. The fact is, a multi billionaire from where-ever it is, does not want a player like Craig Bellamy in his play tpy galacticos - thus I think he will go.

Look at Dunne !

I reckon it will take 10m and I'll be happy. If we get rid of the donkey, and then spend 6 or 7 on a "gamble" as well like Doyle I'll be happy. We could then send FOnz on loan to a lower premier club, or even the Albion.

I'd love Bellamy, I really would. He's 30 now and doesn't like anywhere near like he's showing it. Pace is amazing as is his finishing, absolute class. I can't see him coming here though. Attitude being the main reason. MON will **** him off the minute he's mouthing off.

Not sure about Keane, just because he's banging them in for Celtic doesn't make him good. That league is shite. Look at Kenny Miller.

Bellamy - Agbonlahor = top 4.

You can see man city and chelsea clearing a lot out this summer so maybe able to get a few quality players in on the cheap then. Id say the likes of Ireland off city would be a good buy for one ( despite his mental problems! )

I would've passed on Bellamy when he was at West Ham as he wasn't doing much there and was frequently injured.

However he's been brilliant at City and has slotted in well on the left of their 4-3-3 aswell as upfront. I'd be happy with him and Ireland but can see both sticking around at City if they get top 4.

If Hugo Rodellega is being rumoured at 15m we'll do well to get a player for under 15..

We need a good striker, no necessarily a big money, big name one... I still think we need 2 strikers, one Owen-esque natural finisher and one tricky little forward like Kevin Doyle.

For example, Kevin Doyle - 7m, Roman Pavyluchenko - 9m.. would both be a good bit of summer business and much more likely for MON to go for than 20m on Darren Bent.

With Heskey out that leaves us Carew, Gabby, Doyle, Pavyluchenko and Delfouneso. Good options there.

Sturridge has got to be worth a gamble.

I think it is a dead cert he will leave Chelsea, and at his age, you've gotta go for it.

Good thing is, rule out Man City, he left there as he didn't get played. Spurs don't need him, and Liverpool probably can't afford him.

We'd be prime position and a line of Gabby and Sturridge with Carew backing up Gabby and Fonz backing up Sturridge would be mouth watering.

Yes - I'd say probable not just possible as we were sniffing last Jan.

I would love it if MON could bring in the right striker, no matter what the price is. Obviously MON is never going to pay silly money for anyone, let alone for a foreign player. So we can pretty much forget about the top foreign strikers that may or may not be available in the summer. Personally I think MON will take the easy way and (try to) sign a secure option, someone like Keane, Bent, C.Cole or maybe even K. Davies. Sturridge could be a good back-up striker and could very well develop into a great player someday. On the other hand, why sign him when we've already got the Fonz who may also become a great player in time. Still i do think we need to sign at least 2 strikers in the summer. I guess most fans would love it if we'd sign a high profile, proven striker from a top club, as would I. Who that would be, i haven't got the faintest of ideas. Players like Edin Dzeko, Mirko Vucinic, Lisandro Lopez or Kader Keita spring to mind.