Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

smetrov

Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

• Yes
    • No

MON paid over the odds for Milner and it paid off, hopefully he will do the same with Bent.
Do you really think he will do any better here? The reason we're not scoring is because the attacking play is so poor and the forwards aren't getting the ball in good positions.

Yesterday for example, we repeatedly launched 30-50 yard aimless diagonal ball in to their box where they had a number of pretty big defenders who would of been happy heading those shit hoofs away all day long.

You have got to be kidding right ?

We have Ashley Young and James Milner pumping class ball after class ball up there, and you say the forwards dont get any delivery.

Well I haven't seen Gabby or Carew of last struggling.

This reminds me of Angel, it was not his fault, it was we had no creativity - even if the midflied did consist of Merson, Barry and Carbone !

This reminds me of Angel, it was not his fault, it was we had no creativity - even if the midflied did consist of Merson, Barry and Carbone !

Merse left after JPA had been here for about a year, Carbone never played with JPA and Barry in 04/05 (on a poll on here) was voted as one of our worst players. JPA certainly didn't have much service, in my opinion. Poor Barry, Hendrie, Boateng, Hadji, Kachloul and Hitzlsperger were the type of service he got for the most part.

You have got to be kidding right ?

We have Ashley Young and James Milner pumping class ball after class ball up there, and you say the forwards dont get any delivery.

Well I haven't seen Gabby or Carew of last struggling.

Class ball after class ball?!? WTF have you been watching?launching an aimless deep cross is far from my definition of class. We couldn't break them down with our 'amazing midfield' and resorted to the usual shit.

Bloody wierd this, coz I could have sworn the media, the England coach, OUR MANAGER and the fans have been creaming over Ashley Young and James Milner this season, who has actually created 10 chances to score himself you know !.

And that is forgetting the amount of overlapping and crossing Warnock does.

Sorry mate, if you are blaming Heskey not scoring on our lack of creativity, you are having a bloody giraffe !

Just have a look who polled over 50% of the votes on Saturday !

my fear after the way he bullied us yesterday is MON will take a punt on Doyle ..he's been linked with us before and MON isn't really one to pull a surprise player out of a hat .. he will go with what he knows and likes ..I don't see some shock £20m striker arriving from Argentina or Spain for example .. Jones from Sunderland could be an option but I think he is going to be way over priced

Bent .. well Bent and Gabby are kinda similar players and MON decided that Gabby is as good / better than Bent .. in terms of over all game I think MON has called it right .. but Bent has got 20 goals this season which is some achievement ... I think Gabby is better than a lot of Villa fans give him credit for .. but he does need to become more composed and prolific ...

I also think he might punt on Boyd .. a player that by all accounts isn't very good but does seem to score a lot of goals in a not very good league .. but will be cheap and may be worth the gamble ...

I think he'll buy someone decent. No idea on the pricetag, not that it matters at all. I also wouldn't be surprised to see him take a punt on someone.

But I don't think it'll be Boyd. He allegedly likes some illegal recreation, shall we say. Allegedly of course. Could be bollocks.

my fear after the way he bullied us yesterday is MON will take a punt on Doyle ..he's been linked with us before and MON isn't really one to pull a surprise player out of a hat .. he will go with what he knows and likes ..I don't see some shock £20m striker arriving from Argentina or Spain for example .. Jones from Sunderland could be an option but I think he is going to be way over priced

Bent .. well Bent and Gabby are kinda similar players and MON decided that Gabby is as good / better than Bent .. in terms of over all game I think MON has called it right .. but Bent has got 20 goals this season which is some achievement ... I think Gabby is better than a lot of Villa fans give him credit for .. but he does need to become more composed and prolific ...

I also think he might punt on Boyd .. a player that by all accounts isn't very good but does seem to score a lot of goals in a not very good league .. but will be cheap and may be worth the gamble ...

Decent assessment. I think we might see Carlton Cole here for around £12-14 Million.

I voted "no" as i think he will stick with Gabby, Carew will leave, Delfounso will continue improving & getting more & more used, Heskey will leave & Martin will buy another experienced "traveller" in the Chris Sutton, Heskey, Carew mould & plump for a 10m striker from somewhere...cannot see a 15m purchase though. For me we need look no further than the teams who get relegated for at least 1 purchase as that seems to be our "norm".

Decent assessment. I think we might see Carlton Cole here for around £12-14 Million.

Carlton Cole?

no thanks.

I know he's not quite the same player as he was with us but even so - no!

This. Love MON as a manager but in the transfer market, not so good!

Outside of Gabby, were not all of our current main contributors transfers. Given the results thus far, I'm not sure that qualifies as "not so good."

I voted yes, meaning that I think we will spend substantially (maybe not 15m... probably more than 10m). IMO, I think the plan was always to build up the defence and midfield, unless a special opportunity came along earlier (e.g. the Bent rumors last summer), and I can see the logic in establishing a defensive base before going for flair. It definitely seems to me that the likes of Newcastle and Spurs have tried the sort out the attack and then move onto the defence approach and that their experiences suggest that lasting success does not lie down that road.

Whats the **** point when we'll just launch aimless balls into the box. Pathetic football.

I agree any striker needs the service. No point having the world best strikers if they are not going to touch the ball.

Yes. MON has never signed a prolific striker iin his career and the system he plays kind of rules out any striker getting anywhere near 20 in a season in all competitions

Well I dont know. He's happy to spend best part of 10 million on a defender (twice).

There isnt a striker worth 10 million in the prem though that we could get and considering MONs history in the transfer market when buying from outside of the UK I would have to say no. We'll probably end up with Jones from sunderland or Beatie...Hope to God Im wrong!

I agree Flatty, is there a proven striker that is affordable? available? if he is available, then he's either not up to much, his selling club are trying to rip another club off or he's past it. No-one springs to mind.

Robbie Keane is my guess.