Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

smetrov

Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

• Yes
    • No

I'm not even convinced he will buy one let alone one for that sort of price.

Are you seeing a new "no right back for two years" type situation Trent? As he inevitably fails to find "value for money" or "pay over the odds"? :|

For whatever the reason I think he is happy with the opinions he has as he didn't appear to do anything about it in the summer. I suspect this summer will be the same.

I can't really understand this whole 'MON' isn't any good in the transfer market business - it's a load of bollocks really because he is. Look at the players he has signed for example. We do need a new striker, he knows we need a new striker and he will get a good player in because we've got a more concentrated focus than in previous windows (where we basically had to improve the whole team).

It's interesting, I think the question should be. Why won't he spend 20 mill on a striker?

Our squad is at the point where there is one obvious weakness in the squad now which is holding back our young, ambitious squad.

I'm pretty sure i remember MYSTERYMAN making a suggestion that it would be addressed in the summer.

Darren Bent would be nice. Add his goals to our team, and i think we'd possible put on a title challenge.

think it'll be doyle. itll cost a bit though, wolves paid about 6.5 and they would want to sell him. Think they'd expect 12 if they stay up as they have the money and hes said he doesnt want to leave. Keane would be similar IMO, Redknapp would not want to sell to us. Bent would cost us 20+ i think. Sunderland dont need the money and i would imagine hes earning good money. Personally i dont think hed work hard enough for us and not sure if i can see him in the same side as Gabby

I can't really understand this whole 'MON' isn't any good in the transfer market business - it's a load of bollocks really because he is. Look at the players he has signed for example. We do need a new striker, he knows we need a new striker and he will get a good player in because we've got a more concentrated focus than in previous windows (where we basically had to improve the whole team).

I'm not sure that is what people are saying.

If we spent £15mil on striker he has to go for Darren Bent, been mentioning him on here and AVFC Forum for over 4 years since his Ipswich days! Scores goals everywhere he goes.

I dont think any foreign striker will score as many as Bent in our team

I totally agree with this post. Bent has proven he can score goals in the Premier League and for teams who possibly haven't had as many quality attacking players as Villa have at the moment. I know he was at a decent Spurs side but he never really got a consistent run of games there. I would offer them £12-15m plus Heskey for him, unless we play European footie next season, in which case I would keep Heskey as 4th choice striker.

Going for an unproven foreign player would too big a risk at the moment, especially with the wages that a player like that would demand.

I've put YES. But because he will do his usual of buying a player for more than the player would've cost had he took a punt last summer. I think he will sign Doyle.

That Kalinec fellow at Blackburn may not be a bad shout. Caused us problems in the cup games and has had a season to settle into the prem.

I've put YES. But because he will do his usual of buying a player for more than the player would've cost had he took a punt last summer. I think he will sign Doyle.

That Kalinec fellow at Blackburn may not be a bad shout. Caused us problems in the cup games and has had a season to settle into the prem.

Yeah i agree with Stewie, Kalinec looks a good player and deffo one who would improve!! Very good shout indeed!!

I voted no.

However, I think Carew will move on this summer with only a year left on his contract. Probably a last big contract for three years in Turkey.

I think Heskey will stay but after the world cup he will be a bit part player for us and used as a sub.

I guess we will sign one new striker to play along side Gabby and use Heskey and Delfouneso as rotation/subs. My bets for new strikers: Robbie Keane or Kevin Doyle. I would be pleased with any of Keane, Doyle; Rodallega or Carlton Cole.

We missed the boat on Bent. He was available, in budget and we let him and his 21 goals pass us by.

Would Tottenham have sold him to us? No problem for them selling to Sunderland who aren't a threat to them but I'd like to think they wouldn't have been pigshit thick as to sell to us.

We missed the boat on Bent. He was available, in budget and we let him and his 21 goals pass us by.

Would Tottenham have sold him to us? No problem for them selling to Sunderland who aren't a threat to them but I'd like to think they wouldn't have been pigshit thick as to sell to us.

Would Spurs keep a unhappy player at the club?

I think they would have if we offered same money that Sunderland reportedly paid .

After all Man City sold us Dunne , we sold Barry to them .