Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

smetrov

Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

• Yes
    • No

Here's a stat for everyone, only Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more Premiership Goals than Darren Bent in the last 5 years!

We still can try in summer, as Sunderland arn't expected to challenge anytime soon and bigger club has to take him and give him another chance sometime soon!

think martin will stick to his english players/players who have prem experience buying policy.

not likely to set the world alight but i like piquionne as a player... seems decent. if we are gonna spend 20mill though i hope its not darren bent, for me that figure is far too much for him

Whats the **** point when we'll just launch aimless balls into the box. Pathetic football.

I think the reason we play these balls into the box is because weve got no movement aroun the box, giving another option.

If the moneys there its about time we got a goalscorer, if we can atract one. I was quite impessed with Doyle today but not sure if hes quite good enough.

Woulden't surprise me if this was locked... just turning out to be another 'let's sign player X'. And c'mon guys, as if MON is ever gonna buy any of the players we've ever brought up on here. Name at least 3 because I can't.

No he won't because he will find a cheap British player (similar to Heskey) that won't get us anywhere.....

This. Love MON as a manager but in the transfer market, not so good!

Yeah, I know it's ridiculous, but I'd love a 15M+ bid for Gervinho. Dream on...

My problem is that if MON brings in a striker for any price, let's say he's a roaring success, and relegates three of Carew, Heskey, Agbonlahor, Fonz to the bench. (Assuming we play 2 up top.)

If we go on a bad run, and things start going sour, don't you feel like MON would say 'We have to stick with the starters, we have nothing on the bench'? It's like the act of being on the bench makes MON lose all faith in players. What do the likes of Luke Young or Fonz have to do to get a look in every so often? Even Sidwell can offer something, and I feel sometimes Petrov should be given a rest, as to be fair he busts his ass.

However we doubted he could fix the defence, and until yesterday's game they were superb all season. So let's see if he takes another step forward this offseason.

tl;dr - MON can buy who he likes, a squad is useless unless you know how to use it / are willing to use it.

I'm not even convinced he will buy one let alone one for that sort of price.

Are you seeing a new "no right back for two years" type situation Trent? As he inevitably fails to find "value for money" or "pay over the odds"? :|