Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

smetrov

Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer  

162 members have voted

1. 1. Will Mon spend big (£15m +) on a striker this summer

• Yes
    • No

If we spent £15mil on striker he has to go for Darren Bent, been mentioning him on here and AVFC Forum for over 4 years since his Ipswich days! Scores goals everywhere he goes.

I dont think any foreign striker will score as many as Bent in our team

I don't think he will, he's not the type to "overspend" on overpriced players.. I think 9-12m is more likely what he will spend. Possibly a player who is not that spectacular but, hopefully, proves us all wrong!

Bent is likely to cost £25m+, Sunderland got money to spend and paid £16m+ for Bent from Tottenham.

And his importance to them is obvious, they might have been relegated without him.

I'd give a shout for Kevin Kuranyi on a free transfer though, his contract expire in the summer and he's looking for a Prem move.

For sure high wages, but you could sell Heskey who's likely to be on similiar pay.

Good hold up play, great height strong in the air, international experience and a way better goal scoring ratio than than Heskey.

Woah 17-0.

£15m is a hell of a lot of cash and that would mean he'd break our biggest transfer by £3m and I just can't see him doing that. I hope to god thaat we do sign a striker and I think we will, but it will be in the bracket of £8-10m IMO.

Totally agree with some on here, it will now take obscene money when we could have got him for 10m in July but whatever we have, we should go and offer Sunderland an offer they cannot erfuse.

Unfortunately, we all know what MON will do.

Keep Heskey, sell Carew , and buy a journeyman from the lower prem. or championship and give the "value for money" line.

I think it will be Kevin Doyle for 7m, or maybe Kevin Davies.

So I voted "no"

EDIT

Way off the mark above with Bents fee, it was 10m rising to 16m with various clauses, which means it will proably work out abour 12, BARGAIN !

Way off the mark above with Bents fee, it was 10m rising to 16m with various clauses, which means it will proably work out abour 12, BARGAIN !

It's not very likely that the clause involves Champions League and Sunderland winning league or cups. Most likely it's about Bent scoring goals and playing games, and perhaps Sunderland keeping their Prem status.

Depends where we finish as top class strikers costing over 15 million most probably want to play for the bigger teams.

Not sure why people think MON wouldn't if randy gave him the money and a top class player was interested, does MON not want to do well?