• Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Pterov
    • Carew
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Dunne 72)
    • Sidwell (for Downing 77)

We drew against a very tough Wolves team. It doesn't matter if they have shite players it matters about the performance on the day. The season isn't over were in the semi finals of the FA Cup and we have the easiest run ins than our rivals. The race for the top 4 for us is not over by a long shot.

All we did is cross, very obvious, very ineffectual. One dimensional rubbish.

Missed Gabby today.

Why we have 2 right backs on the bench and Cuellar had a shocker!

Why our subs bring their boots is a mystery, I'm sure Albrighton enjoyed his introduction.

I just don't know why no subs.

Ratings:

Friedel - 7 - Nothing to do really apart from the goals.

Cuellar - 5 - Got done time and time again by Jarvis, second goal was awful.

Dunne - 7

Collins - 7

Warnock 5 - Started well but after that was woeful.

Downing - 6 - Absolute sitter, not much impact.

Milner - 6.5 - Worked hard and started well but couldn't get into game.

Petrov - 6 - Didn't do anything apart give free-kicks away.

Young - 9 - Outstanding.

Carew - 8 - Two good goals and a handful

Heskey - 5.5 - Started well but again after a good 20 mintues, his touch let him down and he's too lazy when he should be brusting into the box especially at 2-1 down. Did well for our second though.

Hull destroyed Cuellar at right back. Almost all of their attacks involved beating Cuellar.

And Heskey is useless and Downing is woefully out of form.

Petrov is a liability when he has to defend.

But Carew is on fire.

Sidwell made a great run from midfield to set up the equaliser too.

And we are still in it.

We started off the first 15 minutes BRILLIANTLY.

Only after we conceded the goal then we fell apart. Why?

Why couldn't we keep out composure and keep getting the ball out to Young, who was causing tonnes of damage.

Cuellar needs to be taught how to defend as a right back, and he should never try crossing from RB again, he sucks at it.

Wow, by looking at most of the comments in here you'd think we lost. I'm quite glad we got what we did considering we could have had a demoralising defeat on our hands. If results go our way today and we beat Sunderland in the mid-week fixture then it's not all that bad.

We're level on points with Man City, 1 point behind Liverpool with a game in hand (soon to be 2) and 2 points behind Spurs.

Yes, we should be happy to be drawing against relegation threatened teams (in their first season in the prem and with a fraction of the budget that we have) at home.

Given what happened in the game and how close we came to losing, a point isn't bad.

All we did is cross, very obvious, very ineffectual. One dimensional rubbish.

Because Wolve's tactics of bodies behind the ball meant to had to get it out wide and force crosses to create chances. We were never going to pass it through them for most of the game.

Friedel 6 - Didn't do much and was let down by poor defence

Dunne 6 - Average

Collins 6 - Same as Dunne

Cuellar 3 - Terrible, he is just not a right back

Warnock 6 - Decent defending but when will he learn to pass

Petrov 6 - Lucky to stay on, was up for the fight but went missing 2nd half

Milner 6 - Unlucky with the own goal, tried as usual, after a bright start faded

Downing 5 - Poor again.....

Young 8 - Best he has played in ages, looked dangerous, fantastic

Carew 8 - Saved us, 2 easy finishes but good positioning and always loooked deadly

Heskey 3 - Forgot he was on the pitch till the final 10 minutes, terrible

I thought Warnock was appaling, Heskey too.

I have no idea where people get this tiredness idea from when the team comes out playing brilliantly until their goal and then goes into hiding. So 'tiredness' only affects them selectively and at certain times, yes? It was a mental problem we had today. The players MON picked were good enough to beat Wolves, and should have.

For the first time in a long time we have to look to our defense to blame for a defeat. Yeah, a defeat. At this stage of the season near the top of the table, there's winning or losing. Draws are worth f-all. Another two draws and I'd say we're done in this race. If we can't beat Wolves with a one goal start at home, then I might say we're already done.

At least MON threw caution to the wind, but can we see now why he doesn't bring on the likes of Albrighton? He trains these players, he knows them. Perhaps he thinks the Fonz would look just as lost. Then again, he could hardly be as bad as Heskey. Gah, so frustrating.

Damn it, yesterday was one of the worst days I've had in years. Really thought the Villa would pick me up today. Guess them's the breaks.

Perhaps he thinks the Fonz would look just as lost. Then again, he could hardly be as bad as Heskey. Gah, so frustrating.

he couldnt ahve been any wors than heskey. seriously heskey was so bad today. he could ahve been playing for a year today and not scored

I just want to know why we don't play L. Young anymore. He was absolutely solid for us last season, there was no need to drop him at all. I was really excited by the prospect of Warnock and Young as our full-backs back in the summer.

I thought carews hold up play was immense today. I think he has been really good lately and has been banging in the goals.

Some idiot behind me kept shouting and gobbing off ALL match about how shit carew is. Everything carew did he kept saying, I could have done that.

He said it about the reading goals... I could have scored that from 6 yards bla bla bla. Plus many fans slating and even calling oour players names was just disgraceful. I'm so **** off. Not about the match but how these people call themselves suppoorters.

**** disgraceful!

I'll start by rolling out the old cliche - well it was a derby...

That said, Jimmy had another one of those infrequent anonymous games and I'm sick of seeing any attacking moves on the right break down when it gets passed to Cuellar. Anything good that he does is done in the box in the form of defence. Please play him as a CB, Martin!

Young was awesome today. Seemed to want to win the game by himself. If he can't get into the World Cup squad with a performance like that, then I really feel for him. Fair play to Carew too, he bust a gut to get on the end of everything today.

In short, it was a game we generally dominated, but just didn't have the cutting edge to win (how many times has that been the case this season?!).

What about the dummy from Heskey that allowed Carew to score in the first half? Heskey does what he always does, win balls in the air/flick on's and holding the ball up which he did fine today against a very resolute Wolves defence. Strike partnerships aren't all about goals, Heskey helped create chances for Carew today. Heskey doesn't score enough goals yes, but in this type of game I can't see how the Fonz would have impacted greatly. Yes we missed Gabby but I don't like people jumping on Heskey's back as per usual when there were far worse performances from other players today.

Disagree with nearly every moan on here. We started with reckless aggression on the attack. Looked like world beaters at first. The problem was that our defenders played with the same reckless aggression and over-ran things. On the first goal, Petrov was overly aggressive for a needless tackle from behind to give the kick, then our defensive line attacked about 2 yards in front of where the ball actually came down. More calm patience in defense and this would have been 3+ to 0 to us as Wolves would not have been able to park the bus.

Albrighton showed me what I have suspected. The constant calls to play more of the fringe players are misguided. MON knows they're just not ready yet. He's not being stubborn when he doesn't play them, he's being right. Albrighton, Fonz, Delph, have great potential for the future. But not yet.

I'm not all rosy and positive, just think that most of the moans on here are way off the mark. I have two. The back line, and Petrov, played with too much frantic aggression. CALM DOWN and play safely. We need a new way to break down a defense that packs it in.

Disappointed with only one point, it's not the end of everything good. We've still got a decent shout of Europe next year.