PL: Sunderland h Match Thread 2010/03/24 19:45

limpid

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the players aren't as defeatist as some of the posters on here and Gabby is fit again we should be able to win this.

Same squad as today with Gabby in for Heskey (if he's fit) and L Young in for Collins, with Cuellar being shifted into the centre.

It's time for rotation, although we won't see it, MON will not change the side greatly unless we are losing, he is happy to draw and that is why we won't win anything or finish in the top 4 under his management.

Cuellar must be dropped and L.Young brought in at RB, Heskey should be dropped for Delfouneso or Gabby and if we go a goal ahead we SHOULD NOT SIT BACK, also, if things aren't working, use the bloody subs!

I can't see anything other than a draw atm...

Friedal

Young

Clark

Dunne

Warnock

Albrighton

Petrov

Milner

A Young

Fonz

Gabby

But we all know thats never going to happen, especially with Clark. I wish he would actually rotate instead of stating he'll rotate.. then not. Must win here, if we lose get ready for Europa boys.

Friedal

Young

Clark

Dunne

Warnock

Albrighton

Petrov

Milner

A Young

Fonz

Gabby

But we all know thats never going to happen, especially with Clark. I wish he would actually rotate instead of stating he'll rotate.. then not. Must win here, if we lose get ready for Europa boys.

Why should MON put Clark in the squad over Collins and Albrighton over Downing? Also, while I do believe Fonz should get more game time, Carew starting is a no-brainer to me.

Downing has missed only 1 game this season, albrighton is a natural crosser of the ball and adds more flair to the right wing as neither Cueller and Downing can get past a single player down that right wing. Atleast rest him for tougher games down the road. Collins is possibly the slowest defender i have witnessed, one thing Sunderland do have is extreme pace and abit of youthful legs from Clark and experience next to him from Dunne will do us good. I would of said Downing to play over A'brighton if Cueller was dropped in place of L Young but we all know thats not going to happen seems as MON is so attracted to his beardly ways. A little flair and pace instead of a dreary witness of another fail Carew, Gabby partnership is my only reason on the Fonz, Gabby partnership.

After how bad Downing played yesterday, I think we should drop him but no doubt MON won't.

Friedel

Young-Dunne-Collins-Warnock

Downing-Petrov-Milner-Young

Carew-Agbonlahor

If Dunne is injured I'd play Cuellar instead and play Delfouneso if Gabby is still injured

Todays result makes this a very very tough fixture. We are not playing well and have weaknesses in our side that can be targeted and taken advantage of. In attack we are too predictable. I just hope they pick their ideas up for this one! We can't afford so many players to have an off day.

Team will be

Friedel, Cuellar, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, A Young, Petrov, Milner, Downing, Carew, Heskey.

Again.

Birmingham created 21 chances against them including 14 on target!!!

We should create chances against this lot but we need Gabby to play as Heskey is a liability. Bent has a good record against us so will need to be watched closely.

A draw will not be enough!

------------------Friedel

L YOUNG--Collins--Dunne--Warnock

Downing----Milner--Petrov---A Young

--------------Carew--Gabby/Fonz!

MUST win game, and that's just to stay in with a chance.

------------------Friedel

L YOUNG--Collins--Dunne--Warnock

Downing----Milner--Petrov---A Young

--------------Carew--Gabby

MUST win game, and that's just to stay in with a chance.

This , but lets face it Martin just does not rotate !! so expecting same team from sat > :(