PL: Bolton a Travel & Social

limpid

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any.

Horwich Parkway is literally outside the stadium. From what I remember as of my last visit, the ground is kind of on a retail park with an asda and a couple of other places which I forget. Your best bet is to get train to Manchester then one from Piccadilly to Horwich parkway as Hanky said.

Got my tickets for this today, anyone know good places to park? Or pubs?

Massive retail park right next to the Reebok has plenty of free parking. No pubs in the vicinity, but in the past Villa fans have drank in The Beehive. Never been my self, but I'm sure some kind soul can point you in the right direction. Last season we went to the Nandos on the retail park for a beer, and some chicken. Nice.

You can park at the ground, there's a car park behind the away end where we always park. It's convenient getting there, but obviously there's a bit of a wait to get out afterwards.

Apart from driving the only sensible cheapest way of getting there looks to be official travel. Can you park at Villa Park on the day and is there usually plenty of parking?

What time everyone getting the train?

Im getting the 9.30 train from New Street. Get to Manc about 11 and then any train onto Horwich Parkway will do me. Hopefully get into a pub in time to catch the Man Utd Cheslea game.