• Warnock
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

Arsenal was in the cup and last season was when they turn Arsenal over.

It's an o.k point if we want to finish top 6 but we really need a win today to give us a great chance of top 4.

Just not enough quality going forward in the team really.

Having just got back from the game I'm stunned to see anyone voted for anyone other than Collins as man of the match, he was immense just about every throw landed on his big bonce. I'm also stunned to see Heskey has two votes, I'd love to know what they were for.

good result when you think of the decent teams that have lost there....

which decent teams would that be ?

in the league they have failed to beat any of the top sides

i was thinking of arsenal

just the one then

Arsenal and Man City lost there in the cup right?

Having just got back from the game I'm stunned to see anyone voted for anyone other than Collins as man of the match, he was immense just about every throw landed on his big bonce. I'm also stunned to see Heskey has two votes, I'd love to know what they were for.

It was Collins sort of game really, heading out and blocking clearences. Thought Dunney headed more away so would give him MOTM.

It was Collins sort of game really, heading out and blocking clearences. Thought Dunney headed more away so would give him MOTM.

Oh yeah it was certainly Collins sort of game, it was definately Collins rather than Dunne getting his head to them all through the second half.

Another sack of shit performance.

Terrible tactics from an exceptionally overrated manager.

We're lucky Blues did us a favour cos I could've seen Everton overtake us.

Just picked up a couple of gems from that piece. another!?!? yeah right.

Overrated manager - league and cup performance would suggest otherwise.

luckily they did. also unluckily we didn't get a winner at the end.

poor display today, ashley young should not be allowed to take another corner until he learns how to hit it into the 6 yard box at decent pace and decent height.

im baffled that gabby was left on the bench? when we are that 1 dimentional up front we need someone who can make a half chance due to his speed.

i thought carew was better than heskey but heskey stayed on?

we could have played them for another 90 minutes and we would still be waiting for a goal.

why not change formation or tactics or personel?

i can see our season starting to slip down the bog again.

next game gabby and carew for goodness sake, you dont owe heskey anything so stop bloody playing him.

Just got back.

Yes, it was a poor performance, but still, I would have taken a point at Stoke and we got one.

Some of the passes that Petrov played today were simply superb, and he didn't seem to tire. Collins was simply immense. He got his ginger swede on everything!

The pitch didn't help, and neither did the wind. It was absolutely **** freezing.

Oh, and the Balti Pies were **** amazing!

poor display today, ashley young should not be allowed to take another corner until he learns how to hit it into the 6 yard box at decent pace and decent height.

im baffled that gabby was left on the bench? when we are that 1 dimentional up front we need someone who can make a half chance due to his speed.

i thought carew was better than heskey but heskey stayed on?

we could have played them for another 90 minutes and we would still be waiting for a goal.

why not change formation or tactics or personel?

i can see our season starting to slip down the bog again.

next game gabby and carew for goodness sake, you dont owe heskey anything so stop bloody playing him.

1. I think the wind probably had an affect, considering usually his delivery from corners is good!!

2. Your probably right, I could see the reasons behind it but not sure it really gave us enough going forward.

3. Both were poor although would of kept Carew on just because more of a goal threat with that time remaining.

4. Don't think it would make much of a difference. Problem was, you go 4-5-1 and say bring on Delph and Gabby, your taking off two really big guys and vital for defending set-peices. I'd of always kept one on.

5. It's a point against Stoke and we've got a semi-final coming up? If our season didn't collapse against Man United in a cup final then I don't think a hard earned draw will exactly end our season. I mean seriously. It's Stoke away, not Portsmouth.

6. Yes, next game, it should be Agbonlahor and Carew for me. Or 4-5-1.

Nice bit of business NOT buying a striker in January. :x

These are the results that kill aspirations. The games in hand mean **** all if we draw against crap teams.

See the kids are out in force on here tonight.

Decent performance and result IMO. Of course we will have better games but really can't believe some of the negativity whenever we fail to win. Stoke are a horrible team to play against especially on their own turf.

In terms of changes people need to accept that Delph and Delf are not ready for regular prem football yet. In this particular game they would have been bullied out of the game.

Time to give The Fonz a start, maybe?

Normally you'd get shouted down for suggesting that a 19 year old youth striker get given a start, but in instance you won't.

When your 19 year old striker is playing and scoring for the England U21s having barely kicked a ball in anger for the first team, then the suggestion seems less ridiculous.

I still don't think he's really ready for the first team, but with Carew and Heskey struggling for league goals, he certainly offers something a bit different and fresh.

Not long got back, my god it was very cold and windy.

As for the game was pretty boring, but would have taken a point before the game. We didn't really create anything and neither did Stoke, was calling out for Gabby to be playing as Stoke's back line was pretty slow, maybe he was still recovering from illness or whatever, but playing Carew and Heskey doesn't work, they are both as bad as each other.

Good defending again, kept the Delap throw ins very quiet, MOTM Collins.

Most entertaining bit of the day was the song after they made an announcement about someone's wife giving birth, 'It's not yours my lord' and 'It's John Terrys'!

Again, how can people vote for Heskey as MOTM? The bloke does a big fat **** all, MON commended him for his defensive headers! Oh so thats why he plays 90 minutes! It shows MON's mentality that he praises the centre forward for doing defensive duties! I really don't see how England can expect to win the World Cup with Heskey playing, if he scored and did nothing else it would be ok but he just dosent. We don't seem to have a Plan B, or MON dosen't have the bottle to use one, why not put Delf and Delph on to shake the game up a little? I am also getting used to the fact that perhaps a "long-ball team" dosen't seem far off the mark to describe us judging by todays performance.

Having said that, we still could have won the game and the defence again (even Cuellar at RB!) played extremely well, I'm going for Warnock as MOTM as I can't remember him doing too much wrong...

On the positive side, a win on Tuesday then again on Saturday and we will be looking up once again. Up the Villa!