News story of the day

BOF

• 4 weeks later...

A few days old now, but still. This was July 15th:

'INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - A customer at a local McDonald's restaurant is looking for answers after finding that someone may have already helped themselves to his sandwich.

The customer, "DJ," is a regular at the McDonald's on West Morris Street and Holt Road. He ordered a McChicken sandwich, fries and cookies, but suspects someone took a bite from the sandwich before he completed the sale.

He found the evidence when he opened his order when he got to work.

"I started to warm up my McChicken and I noticed several small bites. I know I didn't eat it. No one else was around. I said, 'You know what? I am going to the McDonald's to see if they can get that taken care of," said DJ, a local law enforcement officer. "I went to the McDonald's and talked to the supervisor. She offered me some free food I didn't care anything about. I just wanted to find out who the person was and they deal with that person in an appropriate way."'

This was July 26th:

'Last week, a Marion County Sheriff’s Office employee purchased a McChicken sandwich from the McDonald’s location at 3828 W Morris Street, Indianapolis. The employee took a bite out of the sandwich upon starting his shift at the Marion County Jail, then placed it in the refrigerator in a break room. He returned nearly seven hours later having forgotten that he had previously bitten the sandwich. He wrongly concluded that a McDonald’s restaurant employee had tampered with his food because he is a law enforcement officer.

Our partners at McDonald’s have been helpful and have assisted in the MCSO investigation into what transpired with our employee. The investigation has determined that McDonald’s restaurant staff in no way tampered with the employee’s food. He has since formally apologized to McDonald’s.'

https://www.wthr.com/article/update-police-officer-forgot-he-took-bite-his-sandwich-indy-mcdonalds

In the meantime, he even got himself interviewed on the local news, backlit and with his voice modulated like a whistleblower or an abuse victim or something:

• Like 2

Arizona man learns mom's body sold to military, detonated in experiment

PHOENIX, Arizona -- An Arizona man was distraught to learn that his mother's body was sold to the United States military for "blast testing," which involved strapping it to a chair before an explosive device was detonated underneath, an investigation revealed.

It's been more than five years since Jim Stauffer's mother died in hospice care. Seventy-three-year-old Doris Stauffer suffered from Alzheimer's disease during the last years of her life, but doctors say she didn't have the gene for it.

Doctors worried the disease may have mutated, and hoped to study her brain after her passing to find out more. When the time came though, her neurologist couldn't accept the body.

Her son hoped reaching out to other donation facilities could lead to the same result -- but that was not the case.

The Stauffers are one of a dozen families who still do not know what happened to bodies of the loved ones they donated to Biological Resource Center in Maricopa County, Arizona.

Jim Stauffer said he trusted BRC to get her brain to neurologists who could learn more about the disease, but now he knows what really happened.

According to an investigation by Reuters, Doris' body was sold to the U.S. military.

"She was then supposedly strapped in a chair on some sort of apparatus, and a detonation took place underneath her. To basically kind of get an idea of what the human body goes through when a vehicle is hit by an IED," Jim said.

Years later- the inside of Doris' home remains unchanged. Memories of her and the things she loved are still on display, including a small box filled with the only six ounces of her ashes her son got back.

"Every time there's a memory, every time there's a photograph you look at there's this ugly thing that happened just right there staring right at you ... she will never be forgotten here," Jim said.

ABC

And in local news (Karlstad Sweden) my neighbour 1 stair down just had hit apartment shot up.

4 shots blasted through the patio window, apparently 2 people hit.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, sne said:

And in local news (Karlstad Sweden) my neighbour 1 stair down just had hit apartment shot up.

4 shots blasted through the patio window, apparently 2 people hit.

Come to Liverpool, you'll feel at home

• Haha 1

Man facing car theft charges arrested after allegedly arriving at court in another stolen vehicle

A man who turned up to court in Adelaide on charges of illegally using a motor vehicle has been arrested for allegedly driving there in another stolen car.

Key points:
A man appeared in court on charges of illegally using a motor vehicle
Police discovered the car he drove there in was allegedly stolen last week
They have encouraged his partner to catch the bus when she also appears in court next month
Police noticed the blue Holden sedan in a fast food car park opposite the Christies Beach Police Station, south of Adelaide, yesterday.

They soon discovered it has been stolen from the suburb of Blakeview, north of Adelaide, last week.

The alleged driver, a 34-year-old Whyalla Norrie man, had just attended the nearby Christies Beach Magistrates Court on charges of illegally using a motor vehicle.

He and his passenger, a 23-year-old Whyalla Stuart woman, were both arrested and charged with another count of illegally using a motor vehicle.

"He'd actually stolen a car and turned up to court to face charges of car theft," Senior Constable Rebecca Stokes said.

The driver was also charged with driving while disqualified.

The Aussie ABC

• Haha 1

_108264797_hi055754732.jpg

_108264839_055754657-1.jpg

_108264794_055754890-1.jpg

A giant panda has given birth to a pair of twin cubs at a zoo in Belgium. Pairi Daiza zoo announced the arrival of the "extremely rare" cubs, a male and a female, on Friday. The next few days for the cubs will be crucial, Pairi Daiza said. The animals and the mother, Hao Hao, will be monitored by staff to ensure that she cares for the cubs properly. Eric Domb, president and founder of Pairi Daiza, said in a statement:

"The double birth is wonderful news for this extraordinary species that is still threatened today.

"We're very proud."

The cubs were born on Thursday. The male cub weighed 160 grams, while the female arrived two hours later weighing 150 grams. In order to give Hao Hao a rest, zookeepers will put one of the cubs at a time in an incubator and feed it with a bottle. Hao Hao was inseminated in April. The twins are the second and third cubs that she has given birth to at Pairi Daiza. She is currently on a 15-year loan from China.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-49301140

• Like 1

On 12/08/2019 at 19:17, mjmooney said:

Crikey, two pandas actually got off their arses for long enough to have a shag? They'll be drummed out of the pandas' union. 

Or they just used the spunkinator 3000 to throw it into her.

• Like 1

To begin with an aquarium is an odd place to hold a party, and having a layout where potentially drunk people can stick their arms into crocodile pits is probably also not a great idea.

A man in his 80s has been bitten by a crocodile at the Skansen aquarium. 

The man was seriously injured and was taken to hospital by ambulance. 

On Wednesday morning, Karolinska University Hospital announced that the man's position is stable. 

Police have now started a preliminary investigation into causing bodily harm. 

At 21:51, the ambulance and police were called to the Skansen aquarium in Stockholm. During a private event, a man in his 80s was bitten by a crocodile.

- There was a private party inside the aquarium. One person has had his arm on the wrong side of the glass and then been bitten, says Andreas Dahlin. 

According to information to Aftonbladet , the man must have climbed up part of the facility to give a speech to guests. As he stood with his back to the crocodiles and stretched an arm back over the protective barrier, the crocodile struck. 

According to police, the man's arm was heavily bandaged when he was taken to the hospital. 

"He is seriously injured," Andreas Dahlin told police on Tuesday night.

On Wednesday morning, Karolinska University Hospital's press service announced that the man's position is stable, but gave no further information about the injury situation. 

- A preliminary investigation has been started on causing bodily harm. They are investigating whether there are flaws in the arrangement, says Andreas Dahlin.

https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/person-biten-av-krokodil-pa-skansen/

Â