News story of the day

BOF

7 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Come again?

It could be worse. They could refer to the biscuit as the battleship, because its full of, you know.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Ok....

So back at uni in Aberystwyth the cricket team used to book the back room of a pub for our socials. It was mainly used to sort out fines and shout abuse at each other before we moved onto Rummers. Anyway me and my mate turned up early one day and we just sauntered on through...we opened the door and there was at least 10 rugby boys around the pool table furiously wanking over a digestive placed in front of them. It was a proper Homer Simpson retreating into a bush moment. 

As an aside, this is exactly the reason I gave up playing Rugby. When I went to Uni, I'd played since junior school, school captain and also played club rugby, had county trials etc I was a good player for my age group and position. I went to the first Uni training session, where they sorted out who was in which squad for the season, I was told I made the 2nd team (of 5 I think), which I was quite happy with. Then I went to the "compulsory" after session "session", after half an hour I left. What a bunch of absolute pricks and I was used to the rugby drinking culture at my club. Initiation ceremony my arse, it was just bullying by a bunch of private school rocket polishers. I left and never went back. Never played a game since

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bickster said:

As an aside, this is exactly the reason I gave up playing Rugby. When I went to Uni, I'd played since junior school, school captain and also played club rugby, had county trials etc I was a good player for my age group and position. I went to the first Uni training session, where they sorted out who was in which squad for the season, I was told I made the 2nd team (of 5 I think), which I was quite happy with. Then I went to the "compulsory" after session "session", after half an hour I left. What a bunch of absolute pricks and I was used to the rugby drinking culture at my club. Initiation ceremony my arse, it was just bullying by a bunch of private school rocket polishers. I left and never went back. Never played a game since

Weirdly enough I could also tell this story almost word for word! The only difference being it didn’t put me off playing rugby for good...just in England! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

There'll be a knock on your door any minute now and we'll never see you again.All that will remain is a sheeps head in your bed

My boss still thinks I'm playing some elaborate long game of a joke. He keeps on signing me up for hospitality stuff at the rugby with some of our Clients.

Trouble is, I can't do 'corporate', I couldn't just stay inside eating the prawns and drinking. If I was there I'd feel honour bound to actually sit there and watch it. Which i won't do. So I don't go.

• 3 weeks later...

A sad story on all levels. Is this what certain young people aspire to now. How about looking after your daughter. 

Love Island hopeful Emily Dorrell spent £15,000 on cosmetic surgery to land a spot on the show, but failed for a fourth time.

The 27-year-old single mum from Coventry, has been trying to impress Love Island producers for years and after three rejections, decided to go under the knife to try and get on this year's series.

Speaking to Closer Magazine , Emily revealed that she had a boob lift, boob reduction and a Brazilian butt lift and 'squandered her house deposit' in chasing her reality TV dream.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/love-island-hopeful-spent-15k-16223218

• Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently Chris Froome has crashed in training for the Tour De France and hit a mountain wall doing 60km/h.

Rushed to hospital with difficulty to speak. Apparently it's really, really bad.

Edited by sne

On 11/05/2019 at 02:44, tonyh29 said:

Did anyone actually ever play “soggy biscuit” or was that just another thing that went around the school boy network with Marc Almond stories ? 

It's sticky bickie over here.  I'm told.

4 hours ago, sne said:

Apparently Chris Froome has crashed in training for the Tour De France and hit a mountain wall doing 60km/h.

Rushed to hospital with difficulty to speak. Apparently it's really, really bad.

For anyone reading this and worrying, it seems that he has 'only' fractured his right femur, an elbow and broken some ribs, as far as I can find out. 

52 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

For anyone reading this and worrying, it seems that he has 'only' fractured his right femur, an elbow and broken some ribs, as far as I can find out. 

It was a leg injury on the BBC about an hour ago, no doubt it was his left leg as they didn't seem to think damaging it was much of an issue

On 20/06/2019 at 18:45, bickster said:

What is the collective noun for morans?

A family.  We've loads of them over here.

16798-zoom.jpg

• Haha 1

Woman runs over and kills examiner while taking her driving test

The incident occurred in the Polish city of Rybnik on Monday.

lplate.jpg&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news

A driving test examiner was run over and killed by a 68-year-old woman that was taking her driving test in the Polish city of Rybnik.

The incident occurred on Monday.

An official statement from local police said that the 35-year-old examiner was run over by the candidate while they were testing a series of manoeuvres.

Speaking with TVP Info, deputy police commissioner, Ryszard Czepczor, said that: "A 68-year-old woman, in circumstances which are unknown at the present time, hit the examiner, who unfortunately as a result of his injuries died at the scene."

As the car which was involved in the accident was being loaded onto a truck to be hauled away, footage from the TV report showed that it had its front bumper and number plate hanging off.

Â