70 members have voted

1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

Not voting is my current choice, I'd spoil my ballot, but there doesn't really seem to be much point so why waste my time going to the polling booth for something that makes no difference?

A spoilt ballot is recorded, not voting isn't. The difference is slight but there is a difference and it is significant. And if you feel like that you should maybe consider joining the "none of the above" movement, a campaign to get none of the above on the ballot paper similar to the USA

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah but it wasn't built by the Nazi's as the first road was built in 1931 and Hitler didn't become Chancellor until 1933.

Considering that a considerable amount of autobahns were built by the Nazis and they embraced the concept wholeheartedly I don't think it matters.

;)

note to self , send my children to a comprehensive and then to work down pit if i want them to be considered acceptable for a career in politics ...

who'd have thought going to the wrong school would still be an obstacle in this day and age ...

Number of people denoting school history as an election decider: 0

Number of tories crying about perceived reverse snob protocol as an election decider: 1

People seem to not trust the call me dave / gideon alliance due to their perceived uselessness and highly polished smug nature. On the other hand we have a sitting govt with proven uselessness, but to a measurable level.

Apart from the min wage, what policies would the tories not have implemented over the past 13 years?

* increased privatisation of NHS - tick

* increased privatisation of Schools - tick

* introduction of university fees - tick

* increased spending in NHS - no tick

* revamping of school buildings - no tick

* removing dividend tax free status for pensions - tick

* waging wars for oil - tick

* encouraging the overseas wealthy to donate in exchange for honours - tick

* privatising what was left - tick

* not renationalising the railways - tick

What do the tories stand for?

They'll get in, keep all the shiite laws labour have passed and the downward spiral will continue.

David Cameron has no policies, he justs berates Gordon Brown. It is tiresome.

Or if you listened to PMQs you might say:

Gordon Brown has no policies, he justs berates David Cameron. It is tiresome.

I know but it's nice to be pedantic ;)

Except I'm not sure what you were being pedantic about? :?

I didn't say that autobahns were their idea or that they built the entire network but they did build a big old whack and that probably means that they were pro 'car driver' (except for jewish car drivers, obviously) which, I guess, fulfils Rob's requirement. :winkold:

Not sure they were too keen on beards, though. :P

Except I'm not sure what you were being pedantic about? :?

I didn't say that autobahns were their idea or that they built the entire network but they did build a big old whack and that probably means that they were pro 'car driver' (except for jewish car drivers, obviously) which probably fulfils Rob's requirement. :winkold:

Just the way it came across innit.

:twisted:

I expect more from David Cameron to be honest. Leader of the opposition; he can see Labour's failings and problems in front of him, why not take advantage of that? Unless his policies aren't beneficial to the common people of Britain, which I suspect they aren't. I am sorry I just don't believe in Cameron or the Tories.

which he showed only too well when he tried to throw some sleaze at mandy in Yachtgate or whatever it was, then someone happened to mention he was there in a similar time scale ****

well it didn't quite go down like that but it did show Mandy in his natural light ... Mandy said he would destroy him ... and yet Osborne is still standing

You should be grateful to Osbourne as it was him that caused Brown to U-Turn on the election at a time when Labour looked likely to win

Number of people denoting perveived school history as an election decider: anyone on VT from North of Watford

Number of tories stating the truth : 1

fixed it for you as you clearly struggled

I expect more from David Cameron to be honest. Leader of the opposition; he can see Labour's failings and problems in front of him, why not take advantage of that? Unless his policies aren't beneficial to the common people of Britain, which I suspect they aren't. I am sorry I just don't believe in Cameron or the Tories.

No-one wants to release any policies because they will be pilloried by the press. And if you're the Tories, you don't want to have to tell people WHERE these cuts that they've been on about are going to be, because people won't like it if it affects them. It's one thing to make big promises, but to explain how you are going to enact them is another. And if they might be lose votes in key seats, it makes more sense to keep schtum. This, sadly, is just the nature of electoral politics.

which he showed only too well when he tried to throw some sleaze at mandy in Yachtgate or whatever it was, then someone happened to mention he was there in a similar time scale ****

well it didn't quite go down like that but it did show Mandy in his natural light ... Mandy said he would destroy him ... and yet Osborne is still standing

You should be grateful to Osbourne as it was him that caused Brown to U-Turn on the election at a time when Labour looked likely to win

Well it was gideon who brought the whole matter to public attention - mandy would never have mentioned it otherwise - as it did leave both of them in a bad light

Number of people denoting perveived school history as an election decider: anyone on VT from North of Watford

Number of tories stating the truth : 1

fixed it for you as you clearly struggled
Now you've got your anti-northern chip out in the open you could address the other part of the quote, ie what policies would the tories have pursued that blue labour didn't?