FAC: SF vs Chelsea Match Thread

limpid

Guest Ricardomeister

Hoping Chelski beat Inter and then the 2nd leg of the quarter final (hopefully away) is in the midweek before the FA cup semi. We have shown that we can beat them but we will need to play at 100% for 90 minutes and MON will have get his team selection right and finally use his subs or I cannot see us winning.

just checked, as ricardomeister says above Chelsea will hopefully be playing in a 2nd leg CL qtr final scheduled for 06th/7th April. We have no midweek fixture that week. Unles MON keeps on lobbying for some fixtures to be moved back to April.

So i ll be hoping Chelsea get through against inter next week

Reckon its a bad draw for Chelsea as well, their record ain't great against us, certainly worse than their record against Spurs. A Spurs Portsmouth semi would be an interesting one as well, ain't clear cut with all the history between them.

As much as I'd love fulham to get through it'd be interesting see rednob with the club hes yet to **** over against the club hes already **** over

Anyone know if we'll have the west side again? If we'll be playing on the saturday or sunday and if we'll be playing in our home or away strip?

I don't know how this is decided but it makes sense that we have the West side again. Relative to Wembley, Villa will be arriving from the North West, Chel$ki from the South East.

Anyone know if we'll have the west side again? If we'll be playing on the saturday or sunday and if we'll be playing in our home or away strip?

I don't know how this is decided but it makes sense that we have the West side again. Relative to Wembley, Villa will be arriving from the North West, Chel$ki from the South East.

I hope so, i reckon i could remember my way around the Greyhound!

Sorry my last post did not make it clear that I think Chelsea have a distinct advantage in the semi final being in London. Prior to the Wembley rebuild it would have been at a geographically neutral venue.

I was pissed off at first and realised that they hate playing us and this isnt the 2000 team
It isn't THEIR 2000 team, either. Personally, I think our 2000 team was possibly better than our current one, but underperformed badly on a day when they could have won; whereas Chelsea have arguably improved:

VILLA:

GK 1 David James

DF 24 Mark Delaney

DF 5 Ugo Ehiogu

DF 4 Gareth Southgate ©

DF 15 Gareth Barry 16'

DF 3 Alan Wright 88'

MF 6 George Boateng

MF 10 Paul Merson

MF 7 Ian Taylor 79'

MF 18 Benito Carbone 79'

FW 9 Dion Dublin

Substitutes:

GK 39 Peter Enckelman

DF 31 Jlloyd Samuel

MF 26 Steve Stone 79'

FW 12 Julian Joachim 79'

FW 17 Lee Hendrie 88'

CHELSEA:

GK 1 Ed de Goey

DF 15 Mario Melchiot 18'

DF 6 Marcel Desailly

DF 5 Frank Leboeuf

DF 3 Celestine Babayaro

MF 8 Gustavo Poyet

MF 11 Dennis Wise © 28'

MF 7 Didier Deschamps

MF 16 Roberto Di Matteo

FW 25 Gianfranco Zola 89'

FW 31 George Weah 88'

Substitutes:

GK 23 Carlo Cudicini

DF 26 John Terry

MF 34 Jon Harley

MF 20 Jody Morris 89'

FW 19 Tore André Flo 88'

middle class mutes.
Wha? I'd consider myself middle class but I sing a lot. My throat is still sore from today.

Don't like Chelsea though. Probably my least favorite of the "big 4" but they're still plastic and as you rightly said, mutes.

UTV!