FAC: SF vs Chelsea Travel & Social

limpid

Was thinking of doing that because £10 to London is still OK, just need a cheap bus back because Megabus prices have inflated to £10 each now so would still be marginally more expensive than just going by national express

has anybody had any luck finding trains that get there pretty early and leave fairly late both on the saturday for a reasonable price? Best Ive managed to find is about £40!!! Is there no football specials at all?

cheapest train i can find is £32, it was £19 for the carling cup, and around the same every other time i've been for the football, including saturdays, sundays and midweeks, all on chiltern

anyone know if you can get the train cheaper than this?

London Midland are doing a maximum 10 quid return anywhere on their network over 2 weeks in April.

http://www.londonmidland.com/sale

If you have a railcard as well you can basically get to London for £6.70 return

Don't know if you saw it mate, if you did sorry.

do you know if you can come back on the saturday night using this ticket, as i have had a look before and cant work it out for myself (probably being a

retard)

preferably i wanted to come back as late as possible (think 22:00 is the last train)

if not, i will give them a bell

Ah hah! Got it. Basically the cheap tickets are only for single train journeys (no changes) although it seems to only have to be on the outward journey. I presume you are looking for Birmingham to Wembley, which may be the problem, you may have to go back to Euston to come back to Birmingham. I've just done New st to Euston, arriving 2pm and leaving Euston at 9pm and it's offered me a ticket for a tenner.

Obviously nothing to stop you getting off at Wembley on the way if possible on the train, don't know if this is any use to anyone. I personally won't be using it for this game (going in car) but I am planning on going to London in the next couple of weeks so this should suit me fine.

Edit: Just looked at LM's timetables, they don't actually stop at Wembley which would explain why you can't get a fare there :lol:

yeah you will have to get the tube out to wembley park. however, it only takes about 15/20 minutes on the metropolitan line from euston, and not much longer from kings cross.

did anyone go to the torch on the carling cup final?

I'm thinking either going the green man, the greyhound or the torch.

Anyone know which one is better? And know the prices of a pint? etc..

green man was awesome for cc final...proper party atmosphere. £3 a pint but they sold cans too for £2

Ive booked my Train with London Midland. From New Street to Euston and then onto wembley for £16 return. I think the last train is 9.30pm.

Im on the 8.30am train so should be in Wembley for around 11ish.

How would i get to the green man from the Wembley Station? I went to Silverspoons last time, but i fancy something different this time out. Also, is there a place for flags here?

green man was awesome for cc final...proper party atmosphere. £3 a pint but they sold cans too for £2

im travelling up on my own from cardiff so anyone that can advise where the villa will be drink would be very appreciated, wheres the green man, greyhound or torch.

im getting into london victoria 12:20pm so will get a tube

im travelling up on my own from cardiff so anyone that can advise where the villa will be drink would be very appreciated, wheres the green man, greyhound or torch.

im getting into london victoria 12:20pm so will get a tube

This is the link to the Green Man,

http://www.thegreenmanhotelatwembley.co.uk/