FAC: SF vs Chelsea Travel & Social

limpid

i can 3 options for travel.

1, get the train and have to get 3 in total from cardiff and cost around £100.

2, drive back home to brum and get the coach. costing £40 petrol for brum and back and then coach ticket.

3, just drive all the way and pick up hitchhiking villa fans on the way to share the cost of petrol :lol::lol:

I'll be travelling from Nr Chepstow which is pretty much en route for you. Im going through the same decision at the moment, may give gloucester lions a ring later to see if theyre running a coach trip.

Anyroad, keep me informed via PM of what you decide to do. There are a few Villans on this board from around about South Wales / Herefordshire who all seem to face these problems on a match day.

If people are looking for a pub with a good atmosphere i can highly recommend the Greyhound, it's just left out of wembley station and a 5 minute walk around the corner. It was absolutely rocking in there before the League Cup Final.
Always has been a great Villa pub for Wembley matches

Anyone driving from Brum, and want two passengers to contribute to costs, PM me

and if they want a 3rd, PM me!

Has anyone seen that national express are running a coach? I had a reasonably good experience when I used them at Download last year, £24 return I think

if there is anyone in the redditch area who needs transport me and a few mates have booked a minibus and we currently have 7 spaces to fill. it costs around £20 but cud be cheaper depending on how many people we get in there. Probably leave about 9.30 from redditch town centre and driving straight to the green man pub near wembley where we will be parking.

If anyone fancies jumping in let me know

According to the BBC News this morning, there is a proposed rail strike starting 6 April until 9 April. If the recent BA dispute is anything to go by then the rail service will probably not be back to normal for 1-2 days after the strike action. Obviously this may impact those travelling to the FA Cup semi -final by train on 10 April.

I am personally not going to take the risk and decided to travel by coach. The best deal I have found is £21 for a day return with Buccaneer Travel with pick ups from Aston and Tamworth. Contact Karl or Andy on 01827 503410 for details.

According to the BBC News this morning, there is a proposed rail strike starting 6 April until 9 April. If the recent BA dispute is anything to go by then the rail service will probably not be back to normal for 1-2 days after the strike action. Obviously this may impact those travelling to the FA Cup semi -final by train on 10 April.

I am personally not going to take the risk and decided to travel by coach. The best deal I have found is £21 for a day return with Buccaneer Travel with pick ups from Aston and Tamworth. Contact Karl or Andy on 01827 503410 for details.

Its only signalling staff on strike that causes problems, and a backlog of flights is a different scenario to trains. with planes passengers are stranded unless they pay a arm and leg. Not with trains!

Its only signalling staff on strike that causes problems, and a backlog of flights is a different scenario to trains. with planes passengers are stranded unless they pay a arm and leg. Not with trains!

That's fine if you want to take the risk. Personally I'd rather not take the chance!

Here's the quote from the BBC Website, so make your own mind up

"Our contingency plans are well advanced and aim to keep as many trains running as possible. But a national rail strike will have a severe impact on services and on Britain."

A spokesman for the Association of Train Operating Companies said revised timetables covering the dates under threat of strike action would be published on Thursday.

He added: "Train companies are working closely with Network Rail to make sure that, if a strike takes place, as many trains as possible run and disruption is kept to a minimum."

have you got any more details on this?

what time it leaves Tammy and is it going straight to Wembley? Pub stop or what?

have you got any more details on this?

what time it leaves Tammy and is it going straight to Wembley? Pub stop or what?

The Tamworth coach leaves at 8.30am from Tamworth Train Station. If one of the coaches is not full they sometimes pick up at The Adventurers in Aston, but usually they go straight to Wembley. At the Carling Cup Final everyone arrived early and went in the nearby pubs. The coaches usually have toilets and refreshments on board. Excellent value for money and run by Villa season ticket holders for the last 15-20 years.

Give Karl a ring on 07837 192416 or 01827 50341 for more details.

Can anyone comment on how easy/difficult it was to get a train from snowhill for the cc final. I went on Saturday, so it wasn't a problem, but I heard that it was a nightmare. Was it easy to buy a ticket? How easy was it to get a seat?

If it's a hassle I might get a coach.

Can anyone comment on how easy/difficult it was to get a train from snowhill for the cc final. I went on Saturday, so it wasn't a problem, but I heard that it was a nightmare. Was it easy to buy a ticket? How easy was it to get a seat?

Well..

On the way there we got on the train early as possible. It was busy though and only just managed to get a seat, a lot were standing up. The way back was a nightmare, stood up for 3 hours with about 50 other people, completely rammed and you couldn't even turn around or move anywhere. People just started smoking on the train as well because they knew they couldn't get done for it.

Not sure what Im doing yet but the early trains back aren't the best option I tell you. Might have a been better off going into London and then going back out to Brum.

Well..

On the way there we got on the train early as possible. It was busy though and only just managed to get a seat, a lot were standing up. The way back was a nightmare, stood up for 3 hours with about 50 other people, completely rammed and you couldn't even turn around or move anywhere. People just started smoking on the train as well because they knew they couldn't get done for it.

Not sure what Im doing yet but the early trains back aren't the best option I tell you. Might have a been better off going into London and then going back out to Brum.

Thanks for the info.

I can confirm that it is a good idea to get the tube into London. I did it last time. The trains from Marylebone were nowhere near full and didn't stop at Wembley.

Like the sound of the bus from Tamworth but a little early and I'd struggle to get er'indoors to drop me off due to this! Looking at going via west coast but this means underground from Euston to Marylebone and if it were to go to extra time I reckon I'd miss the last one back.....decisions, decisions.

Right

3 of us looking to go to any London station from any Birmingham station on the Saturday morning some time between 8 and 9am...and looking to come back some time between 9pm and 10pm the same day

Read about the London Midland £10 return but the latest return is 5.45pm.

Looks like we will have to go by National express coach which is £18.80 but hopefully we can find something cheaper and quicker than that.

Any ideas?