FAC: SF vs Chelsea Travel & Social

limpid

This thread is to discuss travel to the game.

Please use this thread to arrange meetings. If there is a Rough Guide for this team, please remember to post some updates if you have any.

Now its been annouced its on Sat i've checked train tickets with Virgin New Street to Euston.

The prices have been hiked up now they know we are playing on the Saturday.

Ive checked for 2 return tickets for the Saturday.

The cheapest i can find is

out at 09.10 arrive 10.34 £36

return 21.43 arrive 23.25 £41.90

Total £77.90

When i checked yesterday is was £48 return.

When i booked this for the Final it cost us £54 return.

Rip of Britain strikes again.....

Anyone found any cheaper???

i have been looking too. can't believe how much it has gone up since looked on monday!! thought details were out tommorrow so was gonna book as soon as confirmed. but by time i found out when got in from work, it was too late!

the day is expensive enough without the train prices going up!

i can 3 options for travel.

1, get the train and have to get 3 in total from cardiff and cost around £100.

2, drive back home to brum and get the coach. costing £40 petrol for brum and back and then coach ticket.

3, just drive all the way and pick up hitchhiking villa fans on the way to share the cost of petrol :lol::lol:

i have been looking too. can't believe how much it has gone up since looked on monday!! thought details were out tommorrow so was gonna book as soon as confirmed. but by time i found out when got in from work, it was too late!

the day is expensive enough without the train prices going up!

Check out the London Midland site chaps.....not sure if they're gonna run any specials like for Cup Final, but spotted these on the site ;

Dep : Snow Hill 08.12

Arr : Marylebone 10.34

£12.50 single fare

Dep : Marylebone 20.50

Arr : Snow Hill 23.02

£10.00 single fare

Can't see any return fares at present......

you can go moor street to marylebone on a £10 single each way or £32 return at the moment on thetrainline.com so its worth looking at that.

or if you have somewhere to stay in london you can get a £5 single fare home on the sunday morning if you book it in advance now, it is at 09.15 though. in fact on the morning of the game there is a £5 single from moor street but it is at 06.39!

I told you all that place would be a nightmare! They sold far too many tickets for their capacity, meaning over 25mins wait for a beer i've heard. Very uncomfortable, and then it was blatently always gonna get shut down. What a waste of a tenner!

No chance this time.

I'll stick to Harrow.

For those looking a this, who didn't go there a few weeks ago.

a) Its not a pub, its just 4 or 5 big rooms that sell cans. The price was OK £3 a can, but they ran out of guiness straight away, only had Fosters and Carlsberg. and Coke.

B) There was one screen - that was in the "downstairs bit" upstairs had nowt.

c) It shut after the game (when it said it was open - notice they have changed it this time) causing 1000 fans to be on the street and trouble ensued (edit - oh no they haven't - 10 - til late - My Arse !)

d) Not one table or chair in the whole place, no food

e) The toilets were farcical - two loos - 1500 peed up fans, do the maths and imagine what was happening !

e) Most importantly, you lost the atmosphere. As you get there early , Wembley way is deserted, you are cocooned inside with no feeling of being at Wembley, then you go straight from the club to the turnstile.

Seriously, give it a miss.

Oh - and where were the DJ and pst players ?. I'd be surprised if a player from The Beazer Homes League turned up there

I agree on the toilets and was disappointed it was closed afterwards, but ...

It was a proper club - it wasn't just 5 rooms. It was well decorated, permanent bars etc.

There were some tables and chairs where I was, and in the large room upstairs.

There was also Strongbow and Stella cans.

There was draft Fosters, Strongbow and Stella (at £3.50 per pint or 3 for £10)

The room I was in upstairs had a couple of TV's and a large screen

The atmosphere in there was awesome. We arrived at 10.30am and the singing etc started almost immediately. We left at 2.00pm to go onto Wembley Way and sample the atmosphere there.

All in all it was ok, albeit again very disappointed about it not opening after the game.

the dj and music was for those that stopped to watch the game in the club; of whom i believe got took to a room downstairs which is where they checked for tickets.

As for stopping open; i was very tempted to - and still am thinking about going through paypal to get money back as it was false advertisement to say that the club was going to be open after the match and as such the tickets were sold on the wrong grounds etc etc. The pub wasnt closed down; there was no trouble, thanks to the local cops we found out that the club NEVER opens up after a match.

anyhow apart from that it wasnt too bad in there; the plus point is its right next to the ground etc. There was food in there not alot though; drinks were actually quite decent, and you can easily sneak your own cans in. Atmosphere was very disapointing i must say before the game (upstairs)

Getting into a pub was impossible for the CC. As it's Chelsea there should be more pubs arond Wembley for Villa fans this time round. Not sure which one I'm heading for yet. Any suggestions?

We went into Marylebone and had drinks around Baker Street. Loads of Villa and no problems getting served, we even got a seat (did catch the 8.30 train from Snow Hill)

You can just jump on the metropolitan line back to Wembley from Baker St, takes 10 mins and they run every couple of minutes. we are going to do eaxactly the same as it worked very well.

I do suspect there will be more Chelsea round there thoug as they are of course a London team, there were not many man ure fans around.