• Warnock
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

**** awful in the first half. Some were suggesting tactical changes at half time, but to my mind it was kind of irrelevant as every player was shite: 4-4-2 or 10-0-0 or 3-5-1 is window dressing and when you've got **** all stock in your shop nigh on pointless.

And to those who said that Heskey should have scored that one on one, remember this is the internet, so 'could of' ok?

That was the biggest pile of steaming delightful golden shit I've ever seen. Our passing was appalling and clinical, our movement non-existent and a joy to watch, our forwards uselessly wonderful waste of **** spaces with magical touch and creativity. Our defending was heroic, mindless and overall, Martin O'Neill proved he is a naive, stubborn genius, lacking in tactical nous and peerless in enthusiasm; he should definitely be sacked because he's taking us nowhere - except Wembley for the second time this season. What utter magnificent garbage.

:clap:

Spot on!

I voted for Dunne because I thought he was the only one to show any real heart over the 90 mins.

I was annoyed at half time - obviously, but I had faith at 2-0 that the next goal in the game was going to change it. Fortunatley for us it went our way and the result shows that 2-0, unless the whistle has blown for full time - is a horrible HORRIBLE score line.

Carew - 8 - did well with 3 good finishes, but his first half display has been punished.

Heskey - 6.5 (would have been 7 if he had scored the one on one (good save mind))

Ash Young - 6.5 - dragged us back into the game with a good finish

Dunne - 9 I think he did 2 peoples roles today. The other central defender was very poor - although thats his first poor game for us, so can be forgiven.

Collins - 4.5 - Not his usual self. /he was dominated in the air, let the ball bounce too often and often got in a tangle for the ball. Low composure with a couple of air shots when he could have cleared the ball.

Warnock - 5.5 - Again, not his usual self defensively. Good assist though.

Cuellar - 5.5 - Looks shakey at right back, IMO Young looks much more composed under pressure, and is a better passer. Cuellar is a proper CB because he needs more time on the ball to pick a pass, you don't get that privlege at right back.

Petrov - 5 - Again, didnt really get on the ball very much and when he did he looked nervous and gave possession away when not under pressure. We need better from our captain.

Milner - 5.5 - Looked lethargic (although after 85 mins chased the ball about 200m around the pitch!) But his composure was indifferent compared to normal and I think he actually looked better on the wing today.

Downing - 5.5 - (extra .5 for his assist) 1 good cross and one goal, looked to be outmuscled everytime he was challenged, even his passing was poor.

Friedel - 6 - Spilt a few shots he would normally scoup up. Didnt come out for crosses often after they nearly scored after 10 mins. Poor descion making.

please tell me whoever said at HT we would win 4-2 put that bet on?

i think it was "dippan" (sp?)

**** wembley again can't wait!

I didn't get round to it :(

Was going to put £50 on us to win and £10 4-2 but I delayed and the goals went flying in :D

I wonder what luke young has done.Carlos is no right back against better teams it will cost us!
maybe he's still struggling with the loss of his brother, these things take time and we dont really know what goes on behind the scenes, i cant think of anything else it could be as im sure MON knows how good a RB he is.

I've heard numerous pundits say John Carew is unplayable when he's on top form, and today just proved that! He was absolute class, world class in fact. His hold up play, his touch, his positioning for his 1st 2 goals. Fantastic!! And Ashley too, great second half performance. Bring on Wembley!

Well bloddy hell what a game, we know how to make it hard on ourselves. I knew that we would play long ball up to the big lads upfront, which doesnt work for them as both players prefer ball to feet.

First half everyone gets a 4, one of the worst performances I have ever seen. Even with the "offside" goal we were still awful.

MON mustve gone absolutely ballistic at half time.

Second half started playing the ball to feet more and sucking in the defenders so that we could unleash the winger into more space.

Ratings for second half only:

Friedel - 6 - Flapped a couple of times but made a decent save

Warnock - 7- A lot better, timed tackles better, showed more composure on the ball and supported the wingers well. Also put in a brilliant block.

Cueller - 5 - Still not a right back, gets sucked out of position far too easily - what has Luke Young done wrong?

Dunne - 7.5 - Recovered well, Led the line and marshalled the others around him.

Collins - 6 - Not his best game but at least got stronger as it went on.

Petrov - 6.5 - More involved in the game, steadied the ship

Milner - 7 - Craved the ball and started to impose himself on the game, some good touches and passing. Tireless.

Young - 8.5 - Got the ball rolling with a very composed finish, exposed the fullbacks and to top it all a great header off the line.

Downing - 7.5 - His delivery was great, puts the ball in the right place for the strikers to attack. Still needs to beat his on the outside with his pace more.

Heskey - 7.5 - Dont understand the people giving him a low mark. Held the ball well, turned his defenders and was a real handful. Unlucky not to score as it was a good save from the keeper.

Carew - 8.5 - MOTM - Just shaved Young. - Caused the defence all sorts of trouble, took his goals well, may even have had a 4th. Why cant be like this more often?

First half Villa team=0

Second half Villa team=9

We still had moments in the second when we looked vunerable and we even seemed to get a little complacent but we did everything else right. In the second Ashley stayed on his feet, didn't moan and got the crosses past the first man, Carew found space and made runs onto the ball, the defence got stuck in, Downing delivered, we played with an urency that was badly needed. I thought the line up was wrong today but seeing what we did in the second half i can totally see what O'Neill wanted from the team and credit to him whatever he said at half time did it for us.

Wem-ber-ley, wem-ber-ley, it's that famous part of London that the scum will never see!

How do you sum that up? I'm just glad we are through, I was fuming at HT. Reminded me a bit of the 7-3 against Wycombe a few years back. It's better, though, because it's more important.

Friedel - 6

Cuellar - 5

Collins - 4

Dunne - 8

Warnock - 4

Young - 8

Petrov - 6

Milner - 6

Downing - 6

Heskey - 5

Carew - 8

First Half = rocket polishers

Second Half = Gods

I hope all those that missed out on Wembley last week get tickets this time i dont care who we play really just chuffed we are there again!

How do you sum that up? I'm just glad we are through, I was fuming at HT. Reminded me a bit of the 7-3 against Wycombe a few years back. It's better, though, because it's more important.

Friedel - 6

Cuellar - 5

Collins - 4

Dunne - 8

Warnock - 4

Young - 8

Petrov - 6

Milner - 6

Downing - 6

Heskey - 5

Carew - 8

agree with those ratings. warnock doesnt seem the same since his injury and neither does collins. stan looks less than 100% as well.

we were very poor apart from 15 -20 mins in the 2nd half when we destroyed them. i dont think ive seen such a difference in a players performance than between 1st half carew and 2nd half carew. went from truly awful to unplayable. ash had a similar game to this as well.

back to Wembley we go!

Right, shows how much I know.

However, I think any criticism at half time was more than deserved - they were an utter disgrace.

Obviously Carew is the contender for MotM, however, I'm giving it to Young as he was the only consistent performer in both halves.

Carews first half display was an utter disgrace.

The worrying for me.

Collins has looked shaky at best since coming back

Cueller is more of a Doctor of Philosophy, than a right back.

Drop Collins , get Young in and put Cueller back to CB.

Warnock to me has looked average for about 3 motnhs now and is always at fault for a goal a game. Just think some people over hype him. The fact Capello buts him 4th choice LB when there are only 4 choices I think says a lot.

Downing , his delivery is excellent, but he is just too bloody slow. For every one good move that goes through him, 5 are wasted by him wanting too much time on the ball - but as I said, his delivery is excellent so he is worth a punt in the team.

Heskey - what a donkey. He was the only one not to raise his game second half and if you can't even manage to raise it from 0 what is the point. The one on one was laughable. has to be shipped out. That just sums the two up perfectly today. Carew is lazy and dire, but still wins us the game - can anyone tell me when Heskey won us a game.

PLUS POINTS

MON - fair play, he must have done something !

Young - Thought he played his guts out

Milner - likewise

Dunne - got us out of jail umpteen times.

MAJOR PLUS POINT

WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

To be fair Villa were second best for 70 minutes of that match. That 12 minutes in the second half was the difference.

Carew to start next match.

Can't wait for the SF draw, Portsmouth please.

From the beginning of the first half I was annoyed when I saw Heskey and Carew up front, because as far as I am concerned if Gabby doesn't start then Delfouneso should. Young Nathan has the talent and should be given a chance. Heskey and Carew were piss poor in the first half, the least I expect from them is to be able to hold up the ball, but they couldn't even do that.

After half time Carew and Heskey actually started linking up and holding up the ball (shock horror) and that was the main difference between first half Villa and second half Villa. Carew was brilliant in the second half (thankfully) and that was down to him feeding of Heskey. I still believe Delfouneso should have started though.

The Reading defense is slow (with the exception of Bertrand) and Nathan would had a field day with decent supply I am sure. Plus his freshness and hunger would have given us a but if impetus upfront in the first half at least.

There won't be any rest for or first team now, and even though the March hoodoo is done with, I am still worried about this month, I hope MON start using his subs, and rotates just a little. On the plus side this result with have restored the confidence lost from the CC final defeat and Gabby getting a bit more rest (even though the runs was his reason for not playing today) will help prevent him burning out.

Right, shows how much I know.

However, I think any criticism at half time was more than deserved - they were an utter disgrace.

Obviously Carew is the contender for MotM, however, I'm giving it to Young as he was the only consistent performer in both halves.

Carews first half display was an utter disgrace.

The worrying for me.

Collins has looked shaky at best since coming back

Cueller is more of a Doctor of Philosophy, than a right back.

Drop Collins , get Young in and put Cueller back to CB.

Warnock to me has looked average for about 3 motnhs now and is always at fault for a goal a game. Just think some people over hype him. The fact Capello buts him 4th choice LB when there are only 4 choices I think says a lot.

Downing , his delivery is excellent, but he is just too bloody slow. For every one good move that goes through him, 5 are wasted by him wanting too much time on the ball - but as I said, his delivery is excellent so he is worth a punt in the team.

Heskey - what a donkey. He was the only one not to raise his game second half and if you can't even manage to raise it from 0 what is the point. The one on one was laughable. has to be shipped out. That just sums the two up perfectly today. Carew is lazy and dire, but still wins us the game - can anyone tell me when Heskey won us a game.

PLUS POINTS

MON - fair play, he must have done something !

Young - Thought he played his guts out

Milner - likewise

Dunne - got us out of jail umpteen times.

MAJOR PLUS POINT

WE'RE GOING TO WEMBLEY !!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You've said everything I wanted to say so I'll just quote you!