• Warnock
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

There was everyone saying MON should take both strikers off and bring on Delfouneso! ;)

Did anyone actually say that?!

Well half the posters were asking for carew to be taken off, and the other half for heskey to be taken off and shot....so collectively yes.

Friedel - 6. Not his usual sold self, but not a fault for goals.

Cueller - 5. Copy and Paste. Not a right back.

Collins - 4. His worst game for us, seems to be losing some form, very worrying.

Dunne -7. Best of the defense, but he has played better.

Warnock -6. Still struggling to find pre injury form.

Downing First half - 3 second half 7, so 5.great cross for Carews 1st.

Petrov - 6. Average for him.

Milner - 6. Ran and ran.

Young first half 5 second 9 so 7 overall.

Carew - 9. Hatrick some good goals and i dont think he was that bad in the first either.

Heskey - 2. Offered nothing at all. A really awful performance, Gabby + Carew next week please, and ive stuck up for Heskey this season too.

There was everyone saying MON should take both strikers off and bring on Delfouneso! ;)

Did anyone actually say that?!

Well half the posters were asking for carew to be taken off, and the other half for heskey to be taken off and shot....so collectively yes.

Yes, and there were at least a couple saying that both should be brought off. I argued that having Delfouneso up front on his own wouldn't work.

Not that it matters now. Good times!!

Reading were the better side in the first half, some ridicolous over reactions in the match thread. But whatever MON said at half time we looked a different side. Reading were physical and I'm sure Heskey and Carew will feel bruised but it's worth it as we are going to Wembley again. Wonderful finishing from Carew in the second half, who's effort in the first half was onside. Ashley Young's goal and goal line clearance were brilliant, Warnock made a crucial block in the second half, we remembered how to defend second half also.

well to be fair 1st half we were awful, so they were rightly condemned for it, simply wasnt good enough performance 1st half for a club like ours in the QF of the FA Cup.

**** YOU MARCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

Were the fans at the match on the team's back at 2-0. I had the sound turned off. Seemed like MON dedicated the win to them.

I was really impressed with Heskey today for the first time. I though Young was lively from the start. I'd wonder what's going on between Luke and MON. Carew was great. I wish he'd do it more often. He's a great player.

First half we were absolutely shite, really shockingly bad. Second half, apart from a period where we let them back into it by falling back into the pattern of non-passing we exhibited in the first half, was tremendous. Once we got into the passing again we did fine.

Just very happy that we are in the draw and I can enjoy my dinner and wine this evening.

Portsmouth in the next round, please!

I thought Carew was one of our better players in the first half without really daring to impose himself. Was unlucky with the offside goal first half and got his reward in the 2nd.

Downing showed some real quality with his crossing, while Young was very dangerous but a little erratic.

I am starting to worry a little about our defence. Collins is looking a little less sharp than he was earlier in the season and got turned a bit too easily today.

Still, it was a pretty emphatic result for a team that couldn't score for toffee 3 weeks ago.

And as I said in the match thread:

**** YOU MARCH!!!

Carew must get the FA Cup golden boot now 2 against Palace, 3 against Reading... is there even such a thing?

+1 v b'burn. 4 pens out of 6 goals

Heskey held the ball up well, won tackles in key areas, defending when needed, he ran at the Reading defense a few times. Reading had big psychical center backs so maybe it wasn't the game to play the Fonz in.