• Warnock
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

What a fantastic game. I have to say the Reading fans were pretty noisy for most of the game, we keep being told that the only football passion is up north, but I have sat in many a half empty Blackburn/Wigan/Bolton stadium and heard nothing from the passionate northerners. the southern softies at least made some noise.

We were really, truly awfull in the first half and I was flabbergasted that MON didn't change it at half time. He had obviously politely informed the starting line up that they had got us into the mess so they could endeavour to get us out of it, and they duly obliged with a devastating 10 mins display.

1) As they trotted out for the 2nd half I turned to my mate and said "what we really need now is a 10 minute 3 goal salvo" I thank you

2) For anyone who remembers my post in the cup final superstitions thread, I drank from my Lucky Villa mug which I did not do for the Carling cup. It will be utilised again from now on

3) The World Turned Upside Down Carvery is indeed an excellent pub for when visiting Reading. Free Car Park, 15 min walk to the ground, decent carvery, decent Reading Fans, real glass glasses and £1.75 for a pint of Abbot Ale, i thank you.

4) Met the Belgian Villains on the way down who insisted we had some extra strength Belgian beers, nice bunch. Got to our seats in the ground and who is immediately in front of us? Belgian Villains. Small world eh (well it is in Reading anyway)

Good game good game

So sometimes you actually agree with these deluded insane people that think certain players should be picked ahead of others?

You're really not getting it are you jez? It's not deluded to have these opinions, it's deluded to believe a premiership manager like MON is a complete fool and useless because he doesn't think the same way as you do.

Your first on pointing out how wrong everyone is and how deluded they all are, not agreeing and wanting other players to play, very strange.

Is it? I think it's more strange to just constantly slag off the manager and players of the club you support.

How about when a fan see's their side play absolute tosh they dont have they greatest of restraint that you obviously have and let that frustration out in over the top ways. Are they wrong for doing that, or should we all have the perfect response that you clearly have BJ?

If after the season we've had you think the manager should go because we had a bad 45 minutes then yes i think you're an idiot and you are wrong for acting that way. I wouldn't say i have the perfect response i just don't see the point in going crazy when the man in charge has proved over and over again that he deserves to be trusted. If you think acting like a spoilt little girl is the best way then please continue.

Should we all just wait till the end of the season, have no discussion about RB's and strikers, because lets be honest none of us have a clue about how the season is going to end, then again it would be very boring, especially if we all had the same obviously correct opinion as yourself.

God you just don't read do you Jez? In my last few posts i've said how my opinion is wrong and i have no problem with people on this board sharing opinions as you say its what all fans do.

The problem is when the vocal crazy minority on here start abusing the manager when he doesn't do what they think, or even after a win they aren't happy because he didn't do what they think.

At the start of every transfer window we have to read how crap he is at buying players, at the start of every season we read how we will do nothing with our average squad. At the start of games we had to hear about how clueless he is because he picks petrov in a 4-4-2, during games we have to read about how crap he is because he hasn't used a sub at the exact moment barrys boot wanted him to.

It's good that people share their opinion and it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you're the sort of fan who would encourage the over the top posting against the manager and some of our players. Me i like to actually support the teams so while i have my own views i'm happy to put faith in the man whose doing a great job in charge.

I like this post.

I think it is that a lot of fans are ungrateful for what MON has given us. He has taken us some way in the past four years.

Maybe the paying fans are allowed to be ungrateful after the amount of money we pay... i don't know.

People can say and post what they like but I just feel sorry for the manager, the board etc if they ever read this sort of stuff as it is very disrespectful and shows a lack of faith.

After a lot of thought I voted for Ashley Young as MOTM. It may seem unfair to Carew, who absolutely destroyed Reading with his hat trick, But Young got the first goal and I really like the way he dived into the goal, picked up the ball and was back at the centre spot in a nanosecond with only a cursory handshake for anyone who happened to be passing. No showboating for him. He then proceeded to play superb football for about 20 minutes, absolutely shredding the Reading defence, and then stopped what looked like a certain Reading equaliser for 3-3 by heading it off his own line! It's fantastic to see Ashley coming back to such great form and, if we do progress in the FA Cup, a lot will be down to him

briny_ear......I agree with ashley Young. I honestly thought Carew was a waste of space for 75 minutes of the game. His second goal was a fantastic finish but when under the cosh he tried an outside of the foot flick from a corner and totally missed it. He had 15 mins when he did no wrong, bringing the ball down, holding it up but when things were going badly he did not seem interested. can't argue with a hat rick mind! where as ashley is getting back to how he was a while back. he looked up for it, scored and put a better delivery in to the box to what he has in recent past.

Was towards the back with the Reading fans to my right, row aa. Some little shit infront was trying to instigate some post match violence.

I always wonder if I'm sat near a VT'er but there's no easy way of knowing.

I was sat near you then. Row X, bout 10-20 seats to the left of the Reading fans.

Was that the guy who was singing on his own before the game by any chance? Some of his chants were funny, 'whose that making Barry look sh*t it's Jimmy Milner, it's Jimmy Milner!' to the tune of Monster, what's that coming over the hill. And the one about James Collins having a head like a strawberry :lol:

I was sat next to both of you too. I was row X seat 22.

I heard 3 lads singing together but didn't really notice what they were singing to be honest.

As I was sitting above you lot, anyone going to own up to this piece of headwear?!

c54444510210305456.jpg

Love it!

Was towards the back with the Reading fans to my right, row aa. Some little shit infront was trying to instigate some post match violence.

I always wonder if I'm sat near a VT'er but there's no easy way of knowing.

I was sat near you then. Row X, bout 10-20 seats to the left of the Reading fans.

Was that the guy who was singing on his own before the game by any chance? Some of his chants were funny, 'whose that making Barry look sh*t it's Jimmy Milner, it's Jimmy Milner!' to the tune of Monster, what's that coming over the hill. And the one about James Collins having a head

like a strawberry :lol:

Haha yes that's the one. Very funny indeed.

Heskey was a bit naff wasn't he..

No not in the second half.

Apart from one run which he created himself to get one on one and then err miss, he still spent the majority of the second half giving them the ball straight back!

It's a bit harsh to say it was a miss, more a great save from the keeper i recon. He did get the ball up and over but the keeper got a hand up to it.

If it had of been sidwell, it would have been a miss....for sure.

Haha can't believe I didn't notice that headgear. Mustve been further over to the right.

What I did notice was some hot piece of ass halfway up the stairs on our side, sat with her mum.

I apologise for reducing this topic to bird watching, but those who know what I mean, know what I mean.

Haha can't believe I didn't notice that headgear. Mustve been further over to the right.

What I did notice was some hot piece of ass halfway up the stairs on our side, sat with her mum.

I apologise for reducing this topic to bird watching, but those who know what I mean, know what I mean.

There was a good looking steward near me. She helped a disabled man with Terry on the back of his shirt down the steps and some guys tried to get her to do it to them too. :lol:

Horrid, worse, embarrassing, welcome relief (HT), brilliant, shaky, solid.

That was my original opinion of the match in 15 minute segments.

But I was so puzzled by it that I watched the entire match again.

I think three things hurt us badly.

1. we took them too lightly, I think we felt like the best team in the world (likely) barely beat us with a referee's help, we could stroll through this championship side. Somebody forgot to tell Reading they weren't supposed to play with ferocity, strength, and passion.

2. the pitch had spots that were wet and very slow. Reading knew those spots and moved quickly to the ball in those areas rather than waiting for the ball to roll through. They intercepted a number of passes just by charging the ball from behind the intended recipient.

3. too many passes were just kicked into likely areas rather than played incisively to a teammate. (This was a big part of the change for the first 15 in the second half... we passed and crossed to somebody.)

Finally, if I may, Cuellar's distribution was so bad, there has to be some reason we don't know, outside the locker room, to keep playing him there.

BTW, Shane Long in the summer anyone?