FAC: Reading a Match Thread 2010/03/07 13:45

limpid

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

depressing side but come on Villa.

Depressing in that it's one player off our best team?

more depressed that there weren't more changes than I'd personally hoped for, like Luke Young at right back, Delph in the middle etc and possibly Delfouneso starting. Obviously it's near full strength - although I accept my post hardly made that clear :)

Yeah don't worry, should get plenty of crosses in with Cuellar constantly overlapping and getting in crosses down the right.....

Yeah cause in 2 seasons we have scored how many goals from Luke Young crosses???? I imagine it's 1 less than the goal we recently scored from a Cuellar cross.

I wonder if MON had picked a weaker side and we lost this would there be similar outrage to the Moscow affair? Damned if you do damned if you...

A weaker side? what asking Young, Delfouneso to play over Collins and Carew. I'd hardly call that getting weaker, probably stronger!!

Also, I never get that. Damned if you do, damned if you don't...because if people on here said weaken the team and he did then O'Neill and the fans who wanted a weaken team were wrong. I doubt the same people then would moan.

Hmm. I think if Gabby is carrying a knock then it should be a one of each strike force, so either Delfouneso and Carew or Delfouneso and Heskey. Heskey and Carew isn't a combination that's ever impressed me a great deal. We'll see some hoof and a lot will rely on Milner.

Villa to win 3-1 with Delfouneso to score our second 10 minutes from time.

Yeah don't worry, should get plenty of crosses in with Cuellar constantly overlapping and getting in crosses down the right.....

Yeah cause in 2 seasons we have scored how many goals from Luke Young crosses???? I imagine it's 1 less than the goal we recently scored from a Cuellar cross.

At least his crosses reach the middle instead of balooning 20 yards over the bar every 1/2 times he does actually get a cross in.

Lets just hope that one of the Reading centre halves kicks Heskey with all the power of a newborn inside 10 minutes, that should be enough to see him carried off on a stretcher.

Seriously though, MON knows better than any of us but how the **** is Heskey and Carew a good idea? On paper it makes no sense, I wait to be proved otherwise but I can see that pair snoozing their way through the afternoon and constantly giving the ball away because neither can actually be arsed to move.

Heskey will drop back to 20 yards outside the box so that he can win the ball, retain possession and give it a midfielder.

The problem then is that the midfielder will launch it forty yards to Carew who will nod it down for the fella that is thirty yards away helping us retain possession.

Guest Ricardomeister

Agree with much of the comments. I am very disappointed to see Carlos at right back again..I would move him to cb and drop Collins as I feel really sorry for Luke who has done nothing wrong. The thought of Heskey and Carew up front does not inspire confidence but I guess we will have to wait and see what reaction the players give today. We should still be able to win this even though Gabby will be a big miss imo, although at least he is ill, not injured.

Luke Young must be kicking himself, after his Wembley performance I really don't see how Cuellar can start the game. I also don't think Carew and Heskey will work, I would rather play 4-5-1 or put Delfouneso up there...

But we will see...

In MON's defence, I would say he's expecting a typical division 2 type game. Lots of physicality and the ball in the air, which is why he's gone with 2 big guys up front and Cuellar at RB. Would still rather have seen Young at RB and the Fonz up front myself, though.