FAC: Reading a Match Thread 2010/03/07 13:45

limpid

Really fired up for this, especially now the scum are out, their best ever season and we just keep eclipsing anything they do! No doubt it will be a tough game, Liverpool drew there, my mate said they were shit against the baggies but no doubt they'll up their game. Come on villa, i need another excuse for a london piss up!

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this'll be tougher than the Palace game.

I'd go,

........................Friedel

Young......Cuellar/Collins..Dunne...Warnock

.......................Petrov

Young......Milner........Delph.......Downing

...................Gabby

Can't really see us slipping up with this team and I can see us playing better football.

Reading are playing with a lot of enthusiasm at the moment and if MoN goes in with the system which has seen us playing fairly average football of late then I think we may struggle. If so, my tip would be a draw with us generally on the backfoot, defending solidly, and a win in the replay. With the team above however, a positive 1-2 win.

a) Re above, pesume Cueller is out for Delaney then !

Re - tough game - no it isn't. Man Utd or Chelsea away is a tought game. If we can't be confident (not cocky - there is a difference) about beating Reading who have never in 120 yrs gone past the QF - then something is wrong.

It is not a tough game, it is one we should win.

And we will, and we will be back to Wembley, and I'll be getting merry again :D

Glad McAnuff is suspended. He's been their best player by miles on this cup run.

Definately. I was pleased to hear it when he got sent off against the baggies. He's one of those players whose always had the ability but only seems to deliver in the big games so it's a bonus that he's out.

I'm fairly confident we'll win this (touch wood), i just think that the players will be so geed up to make amends for the United defeat that we won't give Reading an inch and will play out of our skins to ensure we get another visit to wembley.

The only changes i'd make would be Young in for Cuellar and maybe the Fonz in for Heskey, i think o'neill will only make the former.

1-3 Villa

When they last beat us (2-0 in Feb 2007) guess who scored both goals? Answer is on the BBC preview page. **** unreal.

I remember it well. He played a blinder that day, and a lot of people were saying that they wouldn't mind seeing him here.

How times change.

I'd laugh if he goes 4-5-1 tomorrow just to put Sidwell in the team. Saying that I don't even know what Reading fans think of him considering he went to Chelsea. (Obviously for the dollar)

But MY GOD, THEY CAN HAVE HIM BACK!!

What will the atmosphere be like? My theory is that it'll be pretty good since we seem to be pretty resilient as a club and will no doubt want to get back to Wembley. I thought it was great at Palace (my last game).

I'll be singing my heart out anyway. :lol:

I woke up an hour ago, very peeved off after dreaming that the game ended 8-8, all goals in the first half... and I missed the first half on TV. LOL.

Well I dreamt that Manure beat us in the final again! I wouldn't read too muvh into it :)

I woke up an hour ago, very peeved off after dreaming that the game ended 8-8, all goals in the first half... and I missed the first half on TV. LOL.

Get some money on that result ASAP would be my advice