• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

Cuellar 3 - Completely unsure and offered nothing going forwrad. Why was Young not brought on earlier??

Did you actually watch the game?

Yup. What would you give him out of 10?

I'm more interested in how you rate Young's performance :lol:

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill: "I think it would be universally accepted they should be down to 10 men. There's no other decision to make. It's not a good decision by an otherwise fine referee, it's poor and obviously at Wembley we score the penalty, they are down to 10 men for virtually the whole game. It's a major point in the game."

Eh, we can't beat them when they're down to 10 men anyways, moot point.

I would say a central defender rather than an enigmatic winger is a worse player to lose for a red card as Manure would've had to take off a midfielder to bring on Neville or Brown.

Manure deserved to win 11 v 11 but Dowd bottled that, simple as due to it being so early in the game.

Cuellar 3 - Completely unsure and offered nothing going forwrad. Why was Young not brought on earlier??

I think he's talking about Luke Young TBF.

Yes but Luke Young wasn't brought on at any stage of the game. Early or late. I think that's what he's getting at

I think a lot of the players looked tired in the 2nd half. But again no tactical changes are made. It was clear as the 2n half progressed how this was going to end. A fresh midfielder or a more dangerous striker could have changed the game. We lost 2-1 to Manchester United, no reason to be ashamed. But I think we handed it to them to easily. Delph on for Heskey or Carew for Heskey when we were still at 1-1 could have changed the game. Once they got their second it was game over.

I think a lot of the players looked tired in the 2nd half. But again no tactical changes are made. It was clear as the 2n half progressed how this was going to end. A fresh midfielder or a more dangerous striker could have changed the game. We lost 2-1 to Manchester United, no reason to be ashamed. But I think we handed it to them to easily. Delph on for Heskey or Carew for Heskey when we were still at 1-1 could have changed the game. Once they got their second it was game over.

I agreed with some of this while watching the game, but who knows :(

Your response makes no sense... If you think Cuellar was good then say it!

Yes but Luke Young wasn't brought on at any stage of the game. Early or late. I think that's what he's getting at

Bingo.

Bingo.

Apologies. Why was he not on at all was what I meant

Friedel 7 - solid display

Cuellar 5 - poor passing and crossing and I cant understand why he is in the team ahead of L.Young.

Warnock 7 - did well, despite a few errors

Dunne 6 - His error ended up costing us a goal but hard to blame the big man given what a player he has been for us this season.

Collins 7 - gave it everything.

Downing 7 - a good display, tidy on the ball and good crosses.

Petrov 8 - Excellent

Milner 8 - Work rate was phenomenal

Young 7 - Offered a real threat, ran his heart out.

Gabby 9 - gave vidic the run around/

Heskey 5 - did better in the second half but doesn't offer any real threat.

Despite phil dowd I think united were the better team and rooney coming on was the difference, he's a class apart. Happy with the team though, they gave it everything. Must win the FA cup now...

No plan B perhaps?

I've wondered about this. How many teams actually have a plan B? I'm not sure many do. Most teams seem to play in 1 style, it's the style the manager has defined his team to be. They then rely on, imo, the other team making mistakes or having a player that can create something from nothing.

I think it's a bit of a bullshit criticism in short.

Good old VT - it's taken several of us to figure out what one of us was trying to say!

Shut up marcotti, you fat shit. Those also stuck in the wembley car park listening to 5live will understand.
What did he say?

Implied that oneill is overrated and that his teams have never been able to play football.

Shut up marcotti, you fat shit. Those also stuck in the wembley car park listening to 5live will understand.
What did he say?

Implied that oneill is overrated and that his teams have never been able to play football.

And that he can't even say mass properly?

My match reaction.

Well tried, frustrating in attack.

All defenders looked vulnerable early on.

Downing tried too many crossfield balls but had a good understanding with milner.

Milner, Petrov were our best players. Gabby did well and young was ok aswell.

Cuellar put in some poor crosses but before we criticise him too much consider how much of attacking threat warnock posed on the day.

Also a good performance from Friedel.