• Stephen Warnock
    • Ashley Young
    • Stiliyan Petrov
    • James Milner
    • Stewart Downing
    • Emile Heskey
    • Gabby Agbonlahor
    • John Carew (on for Cuellar)

Not sure what match some were waching....... it was an absolutely passionless and lacklustre display by all of the Villa team.

We were second to every ball and Ashley Young grates on me more every game with his lack of vision. What are those stupid lofted freekicks all about and the corners? He should be hitting them in hard and causing the opposing goalie to have second thoughts about coming or not..... instead its just catching practice.

The defence, stood off United all game, not even attempting to make a tackle half the time, slow to react to he second ball, no creativity.

An extremely poor performance all round in my view.

We need major siginings in the summer if we are to even compete in the Europa league next season, let alone the Champions league.

Well there you have it boys and girls. A final. We lost. A nice day out in Wembley for the fans. The players put in a strong performance against a good team and could have brought it to extra time. A pity, but we'll continue. Still no silverware under O'Neill is my biggest concern. We held our own against a team which could well have been down to ten men. Who knows how the game would have panned out after that.

Awful weekend for Villa really as far as other results went. FA Cup next week.

Are we still in the league?

Petrov MOTM

A strong performance........... we were shit all game.

Gutted but don't blame any of our players for the loss - we were beaten by a better team. Special mention to Milner who just makes me feel all warm and gooey every time I watch him. Also thought Gabby worked his socks off today. Dunne was unlucky to pay such a high price for a very rare mistake. We'll bounce back - bring on the FA cup final lads!

Friedel 6 - One outstanding save, could argue his feet could have been better for the goal

Cuellar 3 - Completely unsure and offered nothing going forwrad. Why was Young not brought on earlier?

Warnock 4 - Out of his depth. Played himself off plane to South Africa

Dunne 4 - His error had huge baring on the result, should have scored at the death

Collins 5 - Brave display but got loose on Rooney for goal (that's being harsh)

Downing 6 - At times looked good in 1st half, lacks consistent quality though.

Petrov 8 - Excellent display, top class performer.

Milner 8 - Booked seat to SA, great man to have in your team.

Young 7 - Looked dangerous at times but needs to STOP diving, its doesnt help us.

Gabby 9 - Outstanding, booked seat to SA for me. He did the job of 2 men

Heskey 2 - Can't even hold the ball up for us which is what he is allegedly good at! Dire

Phil Dowd 0 - Basic decision he is paid to get right totally wrong. Completely inept. 1st MU player booked after 40 minutes?

Not sure what match some were waching....... it was an absolutely passionless and lacklustre display by all of the Villa team.

We were second to every ball and Ashley Young grates on me more every game with his lack of vision. What are those stupid lofted freekicks all about and the corners? He should be hitting them in hard and causing the opposing goalie to have second thoughts about coming or not..... instead its just catching practice.

The defence, stood off United all game, not even attempting to make a tackle half the time, slow to react to he second ball, no creativity.

We need major siginings in the summer if we are to even compete in the Europa league next season, let alone the Champions league.

That is your opinion, however, I think you are wrong.

Yes Man Utd were the better team but we were hardly outplayed. For all their possesion they needed a slip from Dunne in order to score a goal.

A top striker next to Gabby and we will continue to rise and improve.

Onwards and Upwards!

Absolutely gutted. The referee was utterly atrocious, but so were we in the final third. It was like watching England under Sven, we just sat back and waited for the inevitable to happen.

Positives: Petrov and Milner, for the periods we actually had possession they were pulling all the strings and probing for the openings. So calm and assured on the ball. Petrov really does have such a nice touch as well.

The back-line, albeit for three poor errors (one of which cost us dearly) coped well under the pressure. I feel so bad for Dunne, because the cock-up aside, he had a blinder.

Negatives: I have tried and tried (and then tried some more) to understand what Heskey actually brings to our game. When he's trying to hold the ball up he goes over too easily, he very rarely gets into threatening positions and when he does the finishing is hit and miss. Granted, he gets his head to the ball more often then not but there's nobody picking up the flick-ons. It's leaving Gabby too isolated up front.

Ashley Young's forgotten how to cross. He just can't do it. Every match I've seen this season, his deliveries have made Aaron Lennon look like a genius. He's picked up a bit of confidence in the last couple of weeks but he's still going to ground too quickly for my money.

Cuellar at right-back. Fair play to Carlos, he's at least doing a passable job there. He got caught out twice by pace, but it's going forward that we suffer as the overlap and delivery isn't there. It's a b'stard of a decision choosing between Collins and Cuellar in the centre (Carlos edges it for me, only just mind), but it's a decision that needs to be taken as we need Luke Young/a natural right-back on the pitch.

Ultimately, we were undone by the combination of a brilliant goal, a calamitous error, a referee who's on the take and poor, poor attacking play. We paid United too much respect, and didn't deserve to win the cup.

All that said, I'm looking forward to watching us lift the FA Cup instead. 8)

Cuellar runs like he is in the Spanish midday sun and seemed petrified of trying anything slightly offensive seemed to lose what little confidence he had after the terrible pass straight to a united player when under no pressure at all, hope luke Young gets the nod soon!

AAAARRRGGGGHHH!!!

I knew we'd lose as soon as the equaliser went in.

No plan b, no nothing. Not helped either by some truly awful refereeing, boy did he want to make up to Taggart giving that penalty to us.

But the bottom line is - we have a lot of passengers in this team of ours, players prone to mistakes or just lazy. Another overhaul is needed especially going forward. Not sure anymore whether MON is the man to do it, he's taken us this far, don't think he can take us any further on that display.

No one played well.

This is extremely harsh. Ridiculously so.

I can't remember thinking that any of the players should have been flying into tackles when they weren't. The midfield held the ball well and passed it around. We created chances, but didn't really look like putting them away a lot of the time. The attack was alright. Gabby had a good game.

You pick out very small issues and add them up to a bad performance against a very good united team. I'd just say that those are the reasons that we are not lifting the cup, in the same way that I would say that not having Rooney is one of the reasons we are not lifting the cup. If we played like that against Man City, I think we would have won.