FAC: Reading a Travel & Social

limpid

Thinking of going on the trains Via Banbury and a coach to Oxford. Anyone know if the coaches from Banbury to Oxford are regular and if I get them from outside the train station?

I've done this route once before after slammin' Vinyl at the old sanctuary so my memory of it is hazy!

The buses tend to leave about 10 minutes or so after a train has arrived. They just allow enough time to transfer from one to the other before departing. They leave from right outside the stations.

:thumb:

Thanks mate - appreciated

Im a season ticket holder living in South Wales, but have never been to an away game. Will try and get tickets for this but i have no knowledge of the away support scene at all.

What do most people do? Get on supporters buses? Also if i turn up to a Villa pub on my own will it be fairly friendly? i.e. i dont really want a lonesome day stood on my doug.

Alright mate,

If you're coming on your own from S. Wales, you'd probably be as well on the train. When you get off at Reading, go into the pub that's joined onto the station on the right hand side as you leave the station ( can't remember it's name just now). Rest assured it'll be packed with Villa. I wouldn't be surprised if there's not a few more on the train up either. There's a shuttle bus to the ground across from the pub.

Tbh, if you car it, it'd probably be a bit lonely, given there's no away pubs near the ground and the car parking is crap and dear.

If you go for the train option, message me and meet me and a couple of others in there if you want.

If you do decide you want to drive, then if you come off m4 J11 and head towards reading on the B3033 there is a big harvester pub on the right hand side.

Last time we played reading we drove and parked here for nothing and the pub was fairly busy with a good mix of reading and villa supporters.

Takes about 15mins to walk back down to the ground. Thats where ill be heading once the coach has parked up!!

Thanks for the info both, really appreciated.

The train fares from south wales are over £50 for a return believe it or not. Seems a bit extortionate to me so might opt for the driving option.

Where do people usually park? I assume theres a fair bit of parking near to the ground?

I thought of using the train. I have to change at Newport and there is only one train. It's a joke how much it is too! No wonder nobody uses the trains.

HV do you know of ANY supporters buses that run from this area? I Live near Chepstow but i cant find any away travel from South wales nor Gloucestershire, which is where my oldies live.

My Best mate is a Man City fan who catches coach travel from Tewkesbury most weeks. I find it hard to believe that he has access to this kind of service but we dont, despite living closer to the team in question.

I don't know of any coaches that come up my way. It's be handy as i'd like to go to more away games but the lift i get to villa park with doesn't always want to go. Trains are too expensive so a bus that came from the M4 up the M50 to catch people like me and you would be great.

Thinking of going on the trains Via Banbury and a coach to Oxford. Anyone know if the coaches from Banbury to Oxford are regular and if I get them from outside the train station?

I've done this route once before after slammin' Vinyl at the old sanctuary so my memory of it is hazy!

Not sure if you caught my earlier post on this but make sure you pay for Bham - Banbury day return and Banbury - Reading day return, costs £25 ish instead of £40 and can buy it all at New St.

am travelling to this on me tod from southampton, anyone fancy meeting for a beer before the game?

prebbz im gonna be travelling from pompey on my own! u driving up?

bournemouth lad here...a couple of us will be in 3 guineas at 10am

The missus is takin me there cos she off shoppin, they always good for somethin right lol

il be gettin to Reading bout midday then tryin to find a villa pub, where is this 3 guineas u speak of?

right next door to reading train station. miles from ground but they do shuttle buses, though in previous years ive just shared a cab...works out about a quid each if you get 5 of you. had good memories of taking this place over...even the friendly last season!

Yes the shuttle buses pick you up where they drop you just other side of road you can't miss them there will be a long Que of people waiting for them also they drop you right outside the train station hope this helps utv