• Downing
    • Milner
    • Delph
    • A Young
    • Agbonlahor
    • Carew
    • Sidwell (on for Delph 76 min)

Your thoughts for posterity.

Please also vote for your man of the match. Remember if you are voting immediately after the game that you cannot change your vote, so you may want to take some time to consider your choice.

Guzan, Carew and Gabby in the 2nd half were all very poor. Everyone else was OK and I thought Cuellar was excellent, he looked more up for it than anyone else, his attitude is brilliant.

It doesn't go down well in some quarters but Sidwell is a waste of space, I just don't get it.

Solid performance for the most part, job done. Guzan being out of the team for ages showed as his communication was non-existent. Cuellar, Dunne, Warnock, Ash, Milner, Downing were solid, I though Delp played well at times. Gabby played well although he clearly wasn't clinical enough in front of goal. Carew took his penalties well.

Palace are a horrible team, lots of dirty fouls tonight. I don't blame Warnock so much for the penalty as Alan Lee has once again managed to hit him in the face and gotten away with it.

guzan seems to have lost his early season confidence - he never leaves is line - and it worries the defenders. he needs to get over this mental hurdle and im sure he'll grow next season. gabby played well - he strecthed their defence. extremely well in the 2nd half. carew did nothing until the last ten minutes. he is such an enigma - i dont know if heskey would have won or those two penalties - id dubt he would have been able to despatch them but he does work harder...hmm. carew i really like him but he is so hard to evaluate! thought young, dunne, warnock and milner all played well again.

The opposite of Burnley. We were good for seventy minutes and bad for twenty. We still seem to have periods where we let teams pass through us like we aren't there.

Going forwards though I thought we were very good and could have been three or four up at half time.

Some observations:

Gabby ran out of gas on 70 minutes and should have come off, he also doesn't look entirely comfortable with his calf.

Warnock looked bright coming forward.

Delph was very good again and I thought could have stayed on.

Their support was very good, but then this was their big day; our cup final is on Sunday and it's the Cup Final.

Speroni is a physical freak; he has the body of a man seven feet tall and legs stolen from the film Time Bandits. For the £10 my ticket cost tonight you could have just stood him in the centre circle for 90 minutes and I'd have been more than happy with the value for money.

I don't like Palace, they're unpleasant and overly physical, it's good to see the back of them.

We're still unbeaten in 2010 and are now on a run of 12 games without a defeat, one more would make me very happy indeed.

Pleased to be through. This season could be incredible.

not a great game by any stretch

agree with pete in the match thread, confidence boost for ash and stu, warnock got another 90 mins but obviously made 2 mistakes, IMO young and carlos both gave MON a huge headache for sunday, carew should get confidence but other than the pens did little for me, and big brad should be in goal for the final, IIRC rooneys headers are all in the 6 yard box, a place where guzan should be coming and he's just not

good attendance too

one complaint, gabby shouldnt have played, didnt need to be risked, looked shattered and played the full 90, really poor IMO

Carlos MOM by a country mile

Delph showed some promise but faded again

Milner , Ash and Downing all did what you expect from them

Carew was good for a few spells , very poor for many more ..the first pen clearly lifted him and still think the thing he needs most is a run of games ... i'm fairly certain Mule will start on Sunday though ..saying that he never competes 90 mins so Carew should get a wembley outing at some point , be nice if he could leave villa with a medal ....

Guzan should have come and got a couple of long balls and Big Brad will def start on Sunday

ref got our first goal and their pen wrong so Warnock has nothing to whine about tonight ... but i'm sure he will

if we had won 5 -0 i don't think it would have flattered us tbh

we should go witht the same back 4 on Sunday ..but we know Young will make way for carlos at RB

job done through got goals.

positives - win, goals for carew = confidence, gabby with another, more good performances from Downing and Delph - some lovely passing there.

negatives - laboured over it a bit preventing us making subs sooner - but perhaps credit to palace there. warnock was ok but had two standout poor moments - the penalty and the woeful pass for carew in the first half. Guzan and Cuellar lack of communication means I very much doubt Guzan will be in the final now.

Guzan 6 - ok - communication error was disappointing

Young 6 - some heavy touches when attacking blunted some attacks

Cuellar 8 very solid

Dunne 7.5 - docking half a point for that 2 yard miss -

Warnock 5

Young A 7 - threatening but dallied sometimes and a few too many poor decisions

Delph 7.5 played very well

Downing - fine passing looking better past two games

Milner 7 - solid

Carew - 7 - two goals helps, masks a poor performance but strikers don't care if they've got goals - if that kicks him up the arse so be it

gabby 7 - well taken goal, could have maybe done better with another chance late on

Forgot to mention, Guzan was poor. He gives you nightmares when the ball is coming through, the one in the first half when he got into a muddle with Cuellar he could have come out, claimed, taken off a glove, borrowed a pen off a steward, signed it and presented it to the striker when it arrived, instead he backed away from it and nearly let their boy in.

He needs to show some of that early season form and take some big big steps towards dominating his box or I worry that when big Brad eventually gives it up he'll end up as number two to someone else.

why was the only sub made delph off sidwell?! completely non-sensical.

I thought MON would have given some of the players a rest tonight...

However...

I think possibly MON has seen our performances dip in last few weeks... We didn't play well against Man Utd or Palace in the 1st leg...It was only in the 2nd half for about 15 minutes on Sunday did we start to look like we were clicking again and what this team is capable of...

Maybe MON felt we'd play ourselves back into form..and TBH 1st half this looked a good tactic because some of Milner's play for instance was brilliant. Gabby's starting to get some confidence back as well....

I'd start with Carew on Sunday if it was up to me...we look more of an attacking threat when he starts and he's fit. However it's not my choice but he's scored 2 cracking penalties tonight and he won them by rolling the defenders and basically giving them a torrid time...

We had 23 shots @ goal tonight 13 on target...but that's 8 goals in 2 games we've scored at VP... Conceded 3 though! Rather that than 0-0 draws.

Wonder what excuse Neil Warnock comes up with this week?

Warnock was ok but had two standout poor moments - the penalty and the woeful pass for carew in the first half.

That's a bit harsh, he laid it on a plate for the big fella who watched it go by without feeling the need to put a foot onto it. Poor by Carew I felt rather than Warnock.

Haven't seen the penalty yet, was it a pretty clear one?

Warnock was ok but had two standout poor moments - the penalty and the woeful pass for carew in the first half.

That's a bit harsh, he laid it on a plate for the big fella who watched it go by without feeling the need to put a foot onto it. Poor by Carew I felt rather than Warnock.

Haven't seen the penalty yet, was it a pretty clear one?

In my opinion Lee's hand direct into Warnock's face is enough to make him either fall down and catching or causing him to mess up his initial tackle.