FAC: Palace h Match Thread 2010/02/24 20:00

limpid

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Palace's chance was in the first game and they've had two poor league results since.

We beat Donny 3-1 last season with the likes of the Fonz, Sidwell and Salifou starting so don't see why we can't do it again.

Have a strong bench just in case we're struggling.

Got to mix it up alright. Start the fonz and carew up front. Rest milner and petrov in midfield replacing them with sidwell and delph. Mix up the back four as well and play which ever goalkeeper that isnt playing on sunday. Have to take a few selection risks in this one but Palace will be mad to win it for financial reasons if nothing else.

Goin to be a tough one to win when we mix the team up but has to be done at this stage so hopefually we can get away with it

Guzan

Beye-Davies-Collins-L.Young

Albrighton-Delph-Sidwell-Downing/Milner/A.Young

Carew-Delfouneso

I really hope MON goes with something like this, although I'm worried that he may start a full strength team.

In my opinion we need to at the very least rest Gabby, Young, Milner and Downing. Plus one of the back four. These players will be massive for us in the final and each of them have played a lot of football in recent weeks. Of course, every player will be important, however I feel that we should really protect these ones at the very least.

Anyway, I'm going for a 2-0 win. Getting a clean sheet would be nice for the confidence of the defence going into the final. Plus the win would be nice.

Basically, MON knows which players are tired and he knows who our best players are. I just hope he does the right thing and rests those players for the final.

Do people not care about this game, i really want to win this and get to the quarters.

I'm pretty sure most people care about this game. However, most understand that a fine balance needs to be found, in order to progress whilst keeping players fresh for Sunday.

It would be great to reach the FA Cup final, however we are in a guraranteed final on Sunday. Therefore it makes things a bit tricky and MON will have to play this one smart. We need to try to both qualify for the next round of the FA Cup and win the Carling Cup.

We have a solid chance at winning a trophy on Sunday and I don't want it to be messed up during the Palace game. They could beat us, or we could get knocked out in the QF or SF. I think we can both win the Carling Cup and be in with a shout of reaching the FA Cup final. Putting one before the other is dangerous business, yet surely the final has to take the slight priority over the Palace game at this moment in time, although both are extremely important.

It won't be easy though and the team will need to play out of their skins. Now is the time for MON to prove how good a manager he is and for the players to step up and earn their wages. They need to realise that everything hinges on this last part of the season for us. We could do the cup double, however we could quite easily lose it all. It all hangs on the lads on the pitch now and on MON.

I have faith that we can do it but it won't be easy by any means.

if i said that when i've seen salifou play he looks like a decent player am i going to be laughed out of town? id rather he played than sidders for sure. delph and salifou in the middle would be fine by me but no idea who should play wide - i dont want ash, milner, downing or gabby on the pitch at all on wednesday night